Glenskirlie House and Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Banknock B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 26, 2013

At the time of our first visit we knew immediately that Glenskirlie House was the place for our wedding. The setting was beautiful and everything we needed to make our day amazing was all under one roof. Glenskirlie have a great reputation and now I know why. From the time of our first meeting through to the wedding day itself the staff were on hand to answer all of my questions. I did not feel stressed at any point during the preparations or on the day itself, everything went so smoothly. The managers on the day were fantastic, they do an amazing job. Myself and my Husband had a magical day and all of our guests had a ball. It has been four weeks since our wedding and I am still getting comments from friends and family on what a great wedding it was. I must also comment on the Hotel itself, the Honeymoon suit was out of this world and all of the little extras made it a wonderful stay. I would highly recommend Glenskirlie as a Wedding Venue and Hotel and I hope to visit again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the time we booked the wedding with Colin till we left the Castle the morning after our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on 4th March 2013, our experience was faultless and stress free.

From our arrival till we left, all the staff were friendly, very efficient and made us feel relaxed and the whole experience was wonderful (everything we hoped for and much more).
The bedrooms were gorgeous (each one so different & there can't be a Bridal Suite anywhere to rival the Glenskirlie's), beds really comfortable and all the little touches much appreciated.

On the Wedding Day, everything was fantastic. The Bridal Suite for pre -wedding preparations - lots of room for make-up & hair - very relaxing for the bride. No request to the staff was a problem. Everything was done for us - no stress for any of us on the day & everything ran to time, due to the efficiency of the staff.
The Meal was fantastic, service excellent and staff brilliant. The evening buffet was lovely and enjoyed by all. All our guests had a fantastic time.
My daughter and son-in- law had their Dream Wedding thanks to everyone at The Glenskirlie Castle.
Colin and Suzanne have a fantastic venue, fantastic staff and they do the 'Fairy Tale Wedding' to perfection.
We would highly recommend this venue for your wedding

Room Tip: Every room at the Glenskirlie Castle is unique and all outstanding. The Honeymoon Suites are amazin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 for a luxury romantic break for my boyfriend's birthday, and it was fantastic.

I had previously stayed and dined her for a corporate event about 5 years ago, and hoped it would live up to the memory and I wasn't disappointed!

The room we were given (111) was beautifully decorated, luxurious and spacious. Very boutique chic and very romantic.

We ate in the House restaurant and the meal was first class. Nice touches such as pre-dinner drinks in the lounge and complimentary amuse-bouche and pre-dessert added to the feeling of luxury. Service was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. I have had very few meals of the quality offered at Glenskirlie. Compliments to the chef!

One very minor complaint is that normal check out time is 10am which is very early. Especially as the hotel is used mainly as a wedding venue - I know very few people who would want to be up that early after a big night out. However, we asked for late check out and the hotel were happy to extend to 11am for us.

We were on a DBB package, which seems quite expensive a £245, especially given all the deals around at the moment, but I think it was worth it for luxury, gastronomy and truly personal service.

This is a beautiful place with wonderful staff. The fact that it is just as beautiful and just as special after 5 years is a credit to the management.

I hope it won't be too long before I return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank girl_friday_0382
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had our wedding here on 2nd march 2013. What can I say, the day went to perfection. I would highly recommend Glenskirlie as a venue for your perfect wedding. In fact don't waste your time looking elsewhere, as Glenskirlie is perfect in every way. The location is superb, staff are the most helpful and friendly I have came across, the venue itself is second to none. We had our wedding in the castle, if you can book this go for it. As for the bridal sweet......... Wow!!! Even five weeks on our guests are still commenting on how good this venue was, and how great the staff were. To sum up, if you are looking for a perfect wedding, look no further, Glenskirlie has it all, great staff who look after your every need, excellent food, and the most romantic venue you will find.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We recently had our wedding here I can honestly say following our experience there is not one fault that we can comment on, everything from venue, food, setting, rooms and especially the staff was perfect! All the little surprise added extra's made us feel very special and that the wedding was very unique to us. Would highly recomend this to anyone thinking of having a wedding there.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

What can I say. The most marvellous day in a wonderful setting. We visited the hotel on a good few occasions prior to the wedding day for lunch and it was always first class ! On the day of the wedding the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The venue is gorgeous and the bedrooms out of this world. Each room is individually decorated and name after a different Rose. I look forward to going back to stay overnight and being able to enjoy the room more.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtm0066
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent one night at the Glenskirlie with a groupon deal that we got as a present and i must say i was very impressed with the accomodation. The bedroom was beautiful and the bathroom was superb with lights below the bath and molton brown toiletries. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The reception area at the castle was beautiful with candles burning and it was so different from anywhere else i have visited. We had dinner in the restaurant and i will admit to being disappointed with the food although to be fair i should probably have checked the menu first. I had sea trout and there was plenty of it but nothing much else on the plate and i found it too much of the one thing i would have preferred the Grill menu at the bar as it would have been more to my liking. Before going for a meal here i would check the menu online to decide which one you would prefer. I can see why so many choose this as a wedding venue.

1  Thank rhona2a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banknock
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel

Been to Glenskirlie House and Castle? Share your experiences!