“Perfect Wedding Day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Banknock B&B and Inns
Lech
“Perfect Wedding Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've recently spent the day at a friend's wedding at the Glenskirlie, and I have to say it was fantastic.
The day ran very smoothly, from start to finish. All the staff were fantastic, managed very well and the service was fast and efficient. Food was delcious, and was well presented.
I can't fault the day at all and hope other brides decide to use this venue for their special day.
The bedroom on the top floor where the bride was is fantastic, huge bed, stunning decor, just beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went for a meal in the main restaurant recently and I am convinced that management here are finally losing the plot in this restaurant which used to be (although very pricy) top drawer and a place to go for a special celebration but not now. The lounge area do bar lunches and bar suppers and they some steaks on the menu including a sirloin at around £25.00 inc a sauce) but unfortunately you cannot get a sirloin in the main restaurant......you can only get a fillet which quite frankly does not make any sense - the menu in the main restaurant is rather limited too to say the least.

The steak arrived and we waited on the veg coming and the staff to bring side dishes but no, nothing. The fillet was accompanied by 2 tiny baby carrots about 2cm long and about 4 spinach leaves and a potatoe and that was it!!

Cheese and biscuits for the sweet which consisted of several waifer thin biscuits and a few slices of cheese about 4mm thick and several frozen grapes (I prefer eating grapes with my cheese and biscuits) for decor.

A tip would also be to watch out for the price of the alcohol.

Needless to say it wouldn't suprise anyone that there were only 8 people in the entire place on a weekend night and if this doesn't tell management that they need to take action on this falling giant then nothing will. Get real, get some common sense, and start giving people value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SophieGlasgow
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We got married here on September the 16th 2012 and came back this year for Valentines. We stayed over night in the same bridal suite as our wedding day. The service and staff are fantastic and the venue is beautiful!! I would like to give a big huge thanks to Suzanne for taking care of our wedding from start to finish and to Lynn for making our first valentines as husband and wife a very memorable one. Well done to everyone at Glenskirlie. No doubt we will see you again in the near future.

A very happy
Mr and Mrs McDaid

Room Tip: We looked in quite a few of the rooms on our little tour of the place and each and every room is bea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I was married in Glenskirlie on Hogmanay 2012.
Since booking our wedding in 2011 we had many visits to Glenskirlie for both lunch and dinner.the food and service were always perfect.
We bought a gift voucher for my sister for an overnight stay,dinner and breakfast.again she had no complaints,Infact she couldn't praise the staff enough.
The full day of our wedding was made very smooth by the amazing staff.the service and food were brilliant.
We hired every room in the castle for the wedding night and every guest who stayed over was blown away by the rooms.
I would recommend Glenskirlie to anyone for a meal,overnight stay and especially a wedding venue.

• Stayed December 2012
Lochgelly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed with my wife as part of her 50th birthday, got a deal at Groupon. This is the best one night stay I have had, the staff from the reception to the waiting in the resturant where friendly help and down right nice. We booked the meal at the resturant and I had a fillet steak (£10 extra) this was the best steak I have had, again nothing was missed. The room (106) was very nice clean and well appointed, a problem with the wash hand basin was fix asap again great service. I would like to thank the staff for the birthday card left for my wife, a wonderful touch to a great weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zetdoug
Glasgow-Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed an overnight stay in this modern and romantic castle. We were warmly welcomed at reception and quickly checked in. We were given a beautiful room, I cant remember the name of the room but it was so gorgeous and romantic. Huge bed with crisp linen and the bed was so comfortable, I genrally dont sleep well but this bed was like sleeping on a cloud, so much so I went out and bought the matress toppers they use. The room was very french in style, cream bed and matching armoire. The bed had a gorgeous throw and cushions that spelled out 'LOVE'. The bedroom was well appointed and had lovely little touches, such a Molton Brown goodies for the bathroom, also turn down service leaves more Molton brown goodies, very spoiled! The bathroom was beautiful with a roll top bath, a huge walk in shower with large rain head shower. Robes and towels were soft and fluffy. Whilst staying here, we also enjoyed an afternoon tea which had delicious cakes and scones, this was served in a parlour which looked onto the well maintained grounds. We had leftover goodies and the staff boxed them up for us to enjoy later. We also had a very pleasant 3 course meal in a fine dining room where the tables were set with linens and this aslo had a romantic feel in the room. Desserts were amazing and the waitress brings out each dessert for you to view and she gives a very detailed description. Usually I would not eat dessert but they were so enticing! Breakfast in the morning was a combination of cereals etc and cooked breakfast, this was also enjoyable. My only thing I didn't enjoy about the stay was the 11 check out, particularly on a Sunday morning. Overall, I loved this hotel and I will look forward to returning and enjoying another one of their very romantic and tastefully furnished rooms.

Room Tip: We had a look at a few of the rooms and they were all beautiful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank weddingplaner
scotland,airdrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had our wedding here in August 2011, and it was fantastic apart from the weather, they where very attentive and made mine and my husbands day a very memoriable one.
All the guest came back to me with good feedback, they enjoyed the castle, and the food, it was magical.
The honeymoon suite is a must, O.M.G the big bath, walk in shower, the bed, it was the icing on the cake for us. i really would recommend glenskirlie they will do there up-most to cater to all your needs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jucyjulie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banknock
Castlecary House Hotel
Castlecary House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Cumbernauld
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel
The Coachman Hotel & Restaurant
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Been to Glenskirlie House and Castle? Share your experiences!