“Perfect venue for our perfect day”

Glenskirlie House and Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Banknock B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect venue for our perfect day”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My new husband and I got married here on the 27th July and I cannot thank the staff enough for everything that they did in the lead up and on the day of the wedding.

Anytime I phoned the reception (which was quite a lot between changes and questions) the staff could not have been any more helpful and reassuring, and always very pleasant and knowledgeable on the phone, which I really appreciated.

On the night before the wedding, myself and my parents and sister stayed the night and we had gorgeous rooms, very clean and very spacious, which was great as I had a HUGE dress to hang up! We had dinner in the grill and the food was amazing, service was excellent and if you ever go to the grill you need to get a burger- tremendous!

On return to our room we had a lovely Molten Brown gift bag on our bed with treats to help you relax, which the night before your wedding is exactly what you need. I thought this was a very lovely touch.

On the. Owning of the wedding, the staff were extremely accommodation in letting me move into the honeymoon suite early to start getting ready. I was brought a delis hours breakfast to the room, and thought the morning when myself and my 4 bridesmaids were getting ready, it was never any bother for the staff to bring us tea or water or an ice bucket and glasses for our champagne.

I cannot thank Julie enough for her fabulous coordination on the day where over 80 of our friends and family enjoyed a fantastic 4 course meal, fabulous wine and in the evening a fabulous night.
on return to our honeymoon suite after our evening reception, we had been left a complementary bottle of bubbly to enjoy in the huge jacuzzi bath, this was a lovely touch and very enjoyable after a busy day.
I suppose everyone thinks that there wedding day was special, but I truly believe that Daniel and myself could not have picked a better venue. Our guests have commented on how perfect the day was, how amazing the food was and how smoothly the day went. All of which would not have been possible without the care and attention that the staff at Glenskirlie gave us.

We would like to thank you all for making our day not only perfect, but making our wedding day fantastic! We felt absolutely spoiled!

Room Tip: If you can afford it splash out for the castle suite - gorgeous rooms and the jacuzzi bath is an exc...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Siobhan W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The title says it all. Stayed here with my partner to celebrate a special occasion. From start to finish this place is amazing! The service as soon as you walk into reception is warm & welcoming and Vicki was great!! Rooms are stylishly decorated, perfect setting for romance and they are all different. Will be coming back another 14 times to try them all out.
Restaurant in my opinion is 6 star quality, food, service, staff all more than we could have ever expected, truly top quality!! Will have to invent a new celebration just to come back again and again, not enough birthdays in one year!!!

Room Tip: Any room would be fantastic in this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2012

have dined here on a few occasions plus one wedding, feel the food is overpriced and my husband still felt hungry on leaving these changes have been recent other changes i noticed were when entering the coffee lounge tables had not been cleared after previous guests this never happened before we use cornhill house hotel in biggar often, where the surroundings are elegant and the food is half the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank casamaria123
Scotland
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel recently during a family wedding. Whilst the meal was ok it was not a patch on the menu tasting we attended some months before. The band and the singing waiter (nothing to do with the hotel) made the event very special. The air conditioning was not switched on during the meal although it did eventually start working -but I am sure it was switched off during the dance. The staff in the reception area were very friendly and helpful but it was a different story when we tried to check in to our rooms over in the castle. The cot we had ordered did not materialise with the surly receptionist not even apologising for their error. Eventually a cot was found. The rooms were pleasant enough but massively overpriced considering we did not get into the room till after midnight and were told to check out by 10 am the following morning. Breakfast was a huge disappointment - not made to order, poor choice of healthy options and virtually empty serving pans inspite of the early checkout. Staff were also quite brisk and unattentive - not bothering to check if more tea or coffee was needed. £185 for bed and breakfast was very poor value given the quality of breakfast. Also, we needed to to contact the reception a few times in the months leading upto the wedding - their computer system always seemed to be down and we would have to call back later! Also the lift was not working when we checked in and with no offer of help had to lug cases and pram up alsorts of stairs to different levels - not particularly accessible for many people. Overall we had a great day at the wedding but felt let down by surly service over in the 'castle'.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin000
Romsey
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night on 19/6/2012 for business in what was classed a standard room, but wished I was there for a romantic stay. The outside is not (in my opinion) that special, but the moment you walk though the door the quality and special touches shine through, from the soft furnishings to the smell of fresh flowers, to feeling of romance throughout. I ate at the hotels restaurant/bar grill which is a sperate building next door and found the same level quality in the food. The wine could have been better but perhaps that was my fault, I only tried the house red.
Truly a great place for a romantic stay..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RobinGB
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Took my husband for a surprise 50th birthday treat. Booked into one of the castle suites. Absolutely wonderful. The suite was amazing. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for us. We had afternoon tea which was plentiful and good selection of sandwiches and cakes, only problem we ate too much and having booked for dinner that night found we were still full after our afternoon tea. Our evening meal was lovely and the staff were very friendly, the atmosphere was very warm. My husband and I had a fantastic stay and would certainly love to stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I attended a wedding on Saturday and the venue, staff and food were quite simply outstanding. The staff were friendly and efficient, the food was beautifully presented and very very tasty. The surroundings and gardens are stunning and so well maintained. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banknock
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
King Robert Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bannockburn
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro
The Coachman Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Glenskirlie House and Castle? Share your experiences!