Glenskirlie House and Castle
$103
$69
$67
Travelocity
Travelodge Stirling M80(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
$87
$75
Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Restaurant
$55
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswedding venuethe grillhoneymoon suitemini suitefrom start to finishamazing weddingwalk in showeran overnight staylittle extrasmr and mrsbride and groombeautiful venueitison voucherfour poster bedwedding receptionevening receptionchristmas gift
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We got married at Glenskirlie in 2009 (which was amazing) we recently decided to treat ourselfs & stay again. We stayed in the same awesome bridal suite as our wedding night. The rooms are something else!!! Definatley worth the money. Food is excellent also

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed here in June for a friend's wedding on a Tuesday night. It was our first night away from our baby so we were really looking forward to it...!

The room was spotless and excellent; so well done out, kitted with iPod dock, flat screen TV, very comfortable bed and great sized bathroom (we stayed in room 107 - Vanity). The buffet breakfast in the morning was superb and overall we have absolutely no complaints at all.

The wedding was excellent and Lyn the organiser was great throughout the day, and couldn't have done more for us whenever we asked her a question. A great credit to the hotel.

Would easily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wee romantic break away from it all.

The only small comment we would make is the huge signs at the entrance to the hotel itself. These to us, are not in keeping with the hotel and should be scaled back and be a little more appropriate.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peyles
Reviewed May 7, 2011

rooms are good and the staff is excellent. Breakfast is good value

No complaints except that the wireless LAN needs beefing up.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Someone has really gone to the time and trouble and (probably) monumental expense of designing and building a really unique hotel. From the outside it looks like a contemporary castle and in a way it makes a nice change to go for this theme rather than just try and "age" the idea and play on some sort of medieval castle theme. Inside the finishes are superb and having spent a lifetime involved in retail design myself, I really appreciate the effort and work that has gone into the finishes of the hotel. Timber floors, wrought iron work stairs, amazing heavy duty timber doors, inset floor lighting, great wall finishes - the list goes on. Each room is then individually styled and themed (I've stayed here three times in three years so have at least seen first hand three of the rooms!) and they are great. Really quirky and totally unusual. Perhaps my only criticism would be that they are targetted (from what I've seen) to ladies tastes and it would be nice to a couple of more "masculine designed rooms" if such a thing exists? The hotel is really quiet and great nights sleep is guaranteed. About 15 minutes after arriving, the someone knocked on my door with an appetizer from the restaurant which was a nice touch - but a trick that worked well as I qucikly realised that I was starving!! The restaurant is well finished, varied menu and everything that I had on the three occasions that I stayed was beautifully cooked. The one time I had room service the delivery was prompt, food nice and hot and up to usual great quality. Breakfast was also great. My only issue with the hotel is really on cost. Like all hotels they will flex their prices according to the season and how busy they are. When I have stayed it has been because room rates were low (circa £90) but several times I would have liked to have booked but been put off by the £140 / £150 quoted cost. In fairness this cost is arguably worth it for the uniqueness and quality design of the hotel experience but most of us have to work and stick to a budget. Such is life I guess. If you want something different and can get a good rate then I'd recommend giving this one a go. I'd be suprised if anyone was genuinely disappointed - although I was a little disturbed to read previous reviews where wheelchair users have felt disadvantaged. In this day and age and with the investment that has obviously gone into the hotel project this feels like more than just an oversight and really ought to be reviewed by the management team. Apart from that - I can't fault it!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Rocknroller99
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This was the second time we had stayed on Christmas Eve at Glenskirlie House and Castle. The service by every member of staff is outstanding, what makes this hotel special is that the service is genuine and the staff can't do enough to ensure your stay is perfection. The rooms are also out of this world, each room unique and extremely cosy and comfortable. Enjoyed our meal in the Grill and looking forward to our next stay at this magical Castle. Thank you once again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple