“Pre-Order Problems”

Ranked #1 of 3 Baginton B&B and Inns
Rutland
“Pre-Order Problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Met up with family just after Christmas for a meal as we did the same time last year with the same sized party and we couldn’t fault it as we all ordered off the menu and all got what we ordered. The food was good and the service friendly and efficient.
When I booked this year I was told that as we were a big party (12) we would have to pre-order which was not a problem thanks to the wonders of email and spread sheets and the pre-order was submitted by the time requested.
When we arrived for the meal we were told that some of the items ordered were not available which makes a bit of a farce of pre-ordering, one of our party found that both his starter and main course choices were off the menu!
Other than that the food that was available was good enough and the service again efficient if not as friendly as last year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Both me and boyfriend stayed at the hotel for new years eve, the hotel was lovely and the atmosphere was great. There was 120 people eating in the restaurant however the manager had the time to speak to each group. The food was amazing and extremely well priced along with the wine.
The setting is beautiful with plenty of car parking spaces.
All in all a great stay and would recommend to anyone both old and young.

Thanks again for a great stay.
Peg leg and Sarah

Room Tip: Great Food!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

This had to be one of the nicest places we stayed at during our recent holiday vacation. The place has history, having been listed in the Domesday Book, wonderful and professional service, and very good food in the Pub. Our room was very comfortable and had all the amenities we wanted. Our second floor room overlooked the stream that powered the mill years ago, and there was a pleasant walkway along the stream back to the outside patio areas. Since we had a car rental, we could get to Warwick, Gaydon, and Coventry easily, and the car park was huge making parking easier for this American. If you plan to walk to attractions, this would not be as convenient and would require a taxi. I would definitely return to The Old Mill if visiting the area again.

Room Tip: Ask to have a view of the stream.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed in room 8 the mattress was down to the springs no padding on it at all , and the window did not shut properly so you could hear all the traffic from the duel carriage way near by and I was awake at 6.30 am ,shame as the hotel ,food and the staff were excellent

Room Tip: Avoid room 8 at all costs
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Scottish Borders
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have just returned from 2 nights at The Old Mill in Baginton and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were impressed by the large bedrooms, comfy beds and the provision of extra good quality comfortable pillows. Room and bathroom was spotless and everything was in great condition. The lady that served us at breakfast on Saturday morning (30th Nov) was lovely and extremely attentive nothing was too much trouble and she gave us some great sightseeing advice. We ate both nights in the restaurant and were not dissappointed the food was delicious. I would say that service on the second morning at breakfast was not as attentive but still very enjoyable and we would highly recommend a stay here being so convenient for the NEC, Coventry and Birmingham!

Room Tip: We were in standard rooms in the new wing - lovely large rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheryl_wtrs
Antrim, Northern Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My work colleague and I stayed here for 3 nights from the 29th oct - 31st Oct and on the last night my colleague who was on ground floor came back from dinner to his room which had been burgled! Both of us travel for a living and spend most week nights in hotels around England so this was a nightmare come true for us! All I will put on here is the facts and they are the cleaning staff left our windows opened all day after cleaning the rooms, when I questioned this with the manager she said this should not have happened. I wondered why the had been leaving them open! the burglars got in window! When my colleague alerted the manager on duty about the burglary I was gobsmacked at the lack of regard for his safety or anyone elses on that floor! The police were called and my colleague was left to deal with situation and move his stuff to a new room. I am glad I was with him on this business trip as even the police who attended were worried about him. He was clearly anxious and upset at what had just happened. None of hotel staff seemed to be! After a sleepless night we met the next morning for breakfast, I had not checked out at this time and after breakfast returned to my room for some documents i had left there... to my utter astonishment my bedroom door had been opened and a chair had been used to leave it open!! The cleaners without checking with reception ASSUMED I had checked out and took it upon themselves to enter my room. When I went down to reception to check out I said to receptionist to which she replied. Oh they know you were not checked out I will speak to them....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Mill, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear laura_ohare, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August 2013 as there was a convention on at the universay. We stayed for two nights. We had a room that faced the river. It was a good size room with a small TV and travel Kettle for hot drinks. The bathroom had a bath with a hanging shower. The lighting was not brillant in the bathroom, until we found the light above the mirror. We had our own key as we did tend to come back the room very late. Unfortunately one of the bedside lights did not work, which made the room a bit dark. I reported this at the end of the stay as we were often out pretty early. The information book in the room was very helpful and had interesting infomation about the history of the place.

We did not stay to have any food as breakfast was not included in the price. I did find that it was an expensive extra if you wanted breakfast. The pub was nice and relaxing in the evening, but the drinks was expensive. There was plenty of parking. The staff on the reception were very helpful. We only wanted somewhere close to the universay that was cheap and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baginton
Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel
Coombe Abbey Hotel
#3 of 39 in Coventry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,720 reviews
Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Belgrade Plaza) Hotel

Been to The Old Mill? Share your experiences!