“Lovely family meal”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Baginton
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visited on a Saturday afternoon. When we arrived it was packed so we decided to have a drink while we decided what to do.

Within 30 minutes it was not as crowded and we got a nice table in the restaurant right by the open log fire...lovely!

Nice menu at a reasonable price plus good specials and 'lunch time' deals. 5 adults and a baby and with 2 or 3 courses and a couple of rounds of drinks and the bill came to £89 which included a £17 bottle of wine included in the 2 steaks for £19.99 deal!!!!

Food was lovely, its just a shame that they use frozen chips and not home cooked!

Service was also excellent!!!

They also have a lovely outdoor seating area for the summer situated right on the water which is lovely.

1  Thank Darrell W

Reviewed February 7, 2014

After a tiring week just the pick me up on a Friday evening to start my weekend. Service by Amy was prompt and friendly. Tempted by several of the specials and more than happy with slow cooked rib. A wow moment when it arrived. Pleasant music at just the right volume for chat unlike other places I could mention. The usual friendly greeting from manager Linda who always makes us welcome; the nearest thing we have to a local, living in south Coventry. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Came here before Christmas see review below. After that review I was contacted by the company and offered a free meal to return so they sent me £40 in vouchers. Returned today to spend the vouchers and the place hasn't improved. Wasn't very busy and we waited 50 minutes for food. When the food came the chips were cold so they went back!!!

Other tables were moaning too as it wasn't busy and the beer hasn't improved either it's still rubbish. This place is definitely trying to play way above the capability of the kitchen. I am definitely not going back again they have had their second chance. Avoid at all costs!!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Mill, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Craig1976, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Let down by the Sunday lunch the beef was dry. The potatoes and Yorkshire puddings were cooked from frozen and not even on aunt bessys level of quality. Veg was overcooked and tasteless.
Staff were unnatentive with more concern over restaurant sittings later in the day rather then customers there at the time. Will not be going out of my way to venture up that way in the near future only hope they can improve between now and my next visit.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited as group of 15 for a family celebration. The building is in nedd of some maintenance in places but overall it is a lovely place. As a large group we were given a private room upstairs. Service was good and food was what you would expect this type of place.