Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond
$109
Best Western Executive Hotel(Henrico)(Great Value!)
$71
$51
$102
HIExpress.com
1,100 results
All reviewsevening receptionfront deskmade to order omeletsomelet stationcomplimentary breakfast isliving roombroad streetbusiness triphot tubexcellent staygreat place to staystaying at this hotelcoffee makerbagelsatriumrichmondsinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I work for a large telcommunications company and was at thsi property for 2 weeks and 3 days during my work assignment.

Perfect location, breakfast, friendly staff and not too far from short pump, va.

As for the jacuzzi, although i went to the jacuzzi laaate in the evening (about 9pm) noone was there, and even after 10 mins of the jets being on, the water in the jacuzzi was still cold. Not to happy about that.

As for the internet access, I had both a laptop my PS3 and a tablet pc and when i tried to connect from my room (I had one of th corner rooms on the 3rd floor) i had only 1 bar of signal strength on the laptop and pc tablet. As for my ps3, i had no luck success in trying to connect to the internet..

The only way I can get a solid signal od 5 bars, was to be in the front area of the room, which was somewhat an inconvnience. When I had a strong signal, i'd for example bring my laptop to the room/bed area of the room and again, signal strength was back to 1 bar.

Other than these 2 points, i'd return again...........given these isolated issues are taken care of!

Management response:Responded September 28, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. Our location is very central to many Richmond attractions. We apologize for a cold Jacuzzi, this is certainly not the norm. Also thank you for letting us know about the connection challenge you encountered in the bedroom area. This will give us an opportunity to investigate and resolve this issue. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I travel frequently and have never experienced such friendly staff who seemed to care that we had a wonderful experience. And it was! The hotel was CLEAN from top to bottom. They provided a wonderful breakfast and a nice 'happy hour" in the evening. Everyone was smiling and friendly....direct eye contact from all staff!! Someone has made a REAL effort to change the concept of "hoteling" I will go back there any day, and I will make sure that we stay in Embassy Suites from now on.

Try this one. It will be the best experience you can imagine. Thanks to all staff!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 12, 2011

We are so glad you chose Embassy Suites for your stay in Richmond! It will be my pleasure to share you remarks with our dedicated staff and how they have made a difference! We hope to see you again soon and glad you are now a fan of Embassy Suites, with our Cooked to Order Breakfast and Manager’s Reception- Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manger

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We love the Embassy Suites but we were not impressed with this location in particular. The front desk service was not the best. The breakfast was not the best neither (compared with the Embassy Suites in Charlotte, Georgia, New Jersey) The person that was working over the omelette station was rude and the omelettes were not well prepared. The rooms, as always, were very nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 12, 2011

Thank you for you loyalty to Embassy Suites, we are glad you enjoyed your suite. However, since we do pride ourselves on our service, we would like the chance to speak to you further about the service level not meeting yours or our expectations. I can be reached at 804 672-8585. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed here in late August for a week-long class. Everyone at the reception was always very accommodating to requests. My room was spacious (two rooms with three sinks and two flat screen TVs in my suite, along with typical suite furniture). The bathroom was a bit tiny, except there was a huge walk-in shower.

The breakfast buffet was delicious (cut fruits, eggs, grits at the buffet, and omelets-to-order), and the nightly manager's reception was very nice and relaxing (full bar, chips, cheeses and snacks).

The coffee in the rooms was pretty crappy, single-serve Rainforest brand and it wasn't good at all. But the coffee at the breakfast buffet was much, and totally worth going down to get it.

The conference rooms were comfortable, and the conference buffets put out for the students were probably the best I've eaten/seen for classes I've been in at other hotels.

I heard that the fitness room was located right next to the pool, so one could be on the treadmill breathing in chlorine. There are four elevators, two on each side, but they seem to be rather slow at times (like only one on each side working).

I liked the creek and shrubbery running through the ground floor, nice touch. It's like a small park, and the plants are live.

Situated adjacent to the parking lot, there is a TGIFriday's and a Dave's Famous BBQ. There is also a Sheetz gas station next door for any sort gas station food, beer, wine, etc.

Overall, nothing luxurious but a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Smile, and be courteous to the reception people. That usually works for me.
Management response:Responded September 12, 2011

Thank you for reviewing your experience. We take great pride in our meeting center, our meeting package offers many options and flexibility. Great to hear the conference buffets were the best you have eaten/seen. We hope to see you again if you return for another conference or for pleasure. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons, General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Certainly, this hotel is above par. I was part of a large corporate group, perhaps occupying 1/4 to 1/3 of the rooms, staying at this hotel for over two weeks in August.

SERVICE - Nearly excellent overall. Housekeeping during their daily cleaning of my suite found a pants button I thought lost and left it on the counter for me on my return to my room later in the day. During our corporate group's stay, they started breakfast 15 minutes earlier to accommodate our early daily schedules. Bobby, the shuttle driver, was excellent in customer service. I got to know a few of the hotel staff by name and they remembered my name over the two weeks, even talking with them about very few concerns and questions. (-) Marks, grill and bar service was slow the two evenings I tried it and they were not busy, 30 minutes for a plain check sandwich. On site laundry I used twice, machines were quick 35-45 minutes, and high capacity ($3.75 per load), but quite busy on weekends, only two washers and two dryers for the whole hotel. As others have noted, the elevators are somewhat slow, particularly in their doors opening and closing. Other services were as expected or above par.

NOISE or lack of - I give the hotel an 85 on room soundproofing. Plumbing from other rooms did not hear. Conversations from other rooms did not hear. Only heard once blaring TV from adjacent room for a short time. The back bedroom is on average has less outside noise than the front living room closer to the hallway. Complaints from others in my group is rooms near the ice machines and the back side of the building lower floors where trash truck came in the very early am hours. The room ventilation drowned out much noise.

THE SUITES - All of us had standard suites, with front living room and back bedroom. Kitchen includes small microwave and I say college room size fridge. One large overhead and one underneath shelf to store pantry items if you are there for an extended time. TVs in living room and bedroom, both I believe LG 32" flat screen. I used the complementary wired ethernet internet with my laptop in the room, though Wifi also available. There was internet available on the LR TV, but you had to pay for usage except for a limited # of websites. A limited amount of outside calling is free; however, I used my cell phone. Voicemail simple to use, as received reminder on it that had package delivered. Sinks available in LR, BR, and bath. As others have commented, the bathrooms are small. Floor space, excluding toilet, sink, and shower, I believe was only 4' by 6'. It would help in a future renovation that the hotel may consider a sliding door into the wall to help some with the space issue. All standard suites come with a step-in shower (could be wrong) accommodating two average size people I believe, but could be concern for families with young children accustomed to tub baths. The bedroom have a closet for clothes storage with iron and full size ironing board, dresser, end tables, and desk. The bed was fairly comfortable, though on a Sleepnumber scale, though not Sleepnumber bed, rate bed at 35-40 (with 0 soft and 100 hard/firm).

FACILITIES - Gym had 7-8 machines, well maintained, which I used once. The adjacent pool I did not use, but looked clean and maintained. Restaurant did not use. Business center did not use, but a few machines, including one or more ethernet cords to connect your laptop if need to do printing. Faxing is available, but hotel staff does it for you. Breakfast area has more than a dozen tables. Though offers a full breakfast, it was nearly the same selection every day; however, the select your own omelet is outstanding. Same area is used for the evening manager's reception with a few appetizers and free alcoholic drinks to a certain extent I attended twice. Hotel also has conference room facilities, but not used during our stay.

LOCATION - Excellent, within easy 1/4 mile walk of Sheetz, TGIF Friday, Daves BBQ, Waffle House, McDonalds, Olive Garden, and Wells Fargo branch/ATM. Just off of I64 and Route 250 West (Broad Street). Many other stores, restaurants, etc. especially going west on Broad Street. Many will deliver food to your hotel room door. Only hotel in area that know of with complementary shuttle, within 5 miles 7am to 9pm weekdays, 8am to 9pm weekends, including service Amtrak Staples Mill station, but not to the further away airport.

Especially if I have business travel again, and perhaps even personal travel in the Richmond, VA area, the Embassy Suites is my first choice. It is a very good value for the price, though pricier for some stays.

Room Tip: Avoid back side of building lower floors, early AM noise from trash truck
1  Thank BizPrsnlTrvlr
Management response:Responded September 7, 2011

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites in Richmond. We were glad to be your home away from home and hope to remain your first choice for business or personal travel! Happy to hear Housekeeping found your button, I look forward to sharing this with them. Best Regards, Kathleen Lyons