My husband and I spent 6 nights at Balai 4 – ocean view villa with infinity pool. The view from our room was absolutely stunning – got tons of ‘like it’ after we posted the photos(original) on social network. The villa is beautifully designed with open air shower, jacuzzi – just the way we wish it to be. The resort is very tranquil and relaxing. Some reviewers complained about the size of the private beach, but to my opinion, it is of adequate size since you can most of time can have it to your own. Similar for public infinity pool (quite big). We were happy with the standard of service we received – nice and polite staffs. Food and drink were fine but don’t expect anything exceptionally good. Overall, Eskaya would be a perfect choice for those badly long for a peaceful getaway.
The highlight of my Eskaya experience:
- enjoy a breakfast facing the ocean and our private infinity pool
- get a drink while swimming in the public infinity pool - there is a bar attached to it, you can virtually sitting in the water!
Some tips on activities you can expect there:
- Sea kayaking is quite fun. We visited a few surrounding neighbor resorts and saw beautiful rainbow when in the middle of the ocean..
- Alona beach is not very far away but not at walking distance. We ride a bike there. It’s about 20 mins ride. It’s a beach but quite crowded just like any other famous beach around the world. You can find many bars and restaurant there, cheaper than Eskaya but nothing special either.
- We also got front desk to arrange a Dolphin, snorkeling and virgin island tour. It’s a half day, private boat tour. Quite nice. The best part is I got a chance to jump into the sea with our guide to catch sea chestnut and ate it on the spot! – a once in a lifetime experience I will be proud of for years lol.
- We decided to give the chocolate hill a miss and optioned for Tarsier Encounter and loboc river tour – so so. Not a must go.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eskaya Beach Resort And Spa
- Eskaya Beach Hotel Panglao Island
- Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa Bohol Province/Panglao Island