“Classy, Sincere service and best-located in Panglao”
Review of Amorita Resort

Amorita Resort
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Manila
“Classy, Sincere service and best-located in Panglao”
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Great service; great place
Amorita is clean, classy and has a great staff that anticipates the guest's needs. Be it water refill in glasses, handing a working salt shaker, fresh towels, reservations for al-fresco cliff side dining or knowing the names of the guest's children. You can feel the staff's cheerfulness and sincerity all hours of the day. This extends from the driver who picked us up at the airport, the receptionists, waiters/waitresses, masseuse, guard, everyone! We didn't stay at the villa though - it was too expensive. But the rooms were still okay - clean & spacious. No kingsized bed though. Hubby & I stayed in one of the queens in the room.

Best place in Alona Beach:
It's also located atop a cliff beside Alona beach so you get the best of both worlds. Exclusivity and easy access to different restos along the stretch of Alona Beach. Other resorts in Panglao have exclusive beaches and you're kinda stuck there unless you hire a van.

Easy Access to Transportation
Right outside Amorita, there are motorcycles for rent (P150/hour & you pay for gas). My hubby & I rode along the empty, pollution main road. It was beautiful - clean air, barely any cars and green fields with nipa huts & carabaos to the left & right. Amorita is also a short walk away from the main road where you can ride a jeep to Tagbilaran (only about P20 per ride) but we didn't have time to do that.

Amorita vs Amarela
During our bike ride, we went to Amarela which is about 25 minutes away. Amarela was my original choice but I changed the booking since I found out that I would be stuck in the beachfront of Amarela and would have to pay P800 one-way to go to another beach and P1500 one-way to go to Tagbilaran. Amarela is like a beautifully furnished house. But it doesn't have the clean, resort-like feel of Amorita. Another deal breaker was the loud karaoke singing from another resort that I heard all the way up the Amarela resort. Not Amarela's fault of course, but it does ruin the ambiance.

PS
There's wifi at the resto & under the tree, you can also go online in 1 PC at the gift shop. The pool is clean & heated. The beef salpicao is soft, garlicky & yummy.

Fresh sea urchin for only P45 a bottle
You can go to the cafe beside Alona Palm (it's the only one that serves brewed coffee - weak but not bad) and ask the waiter to send someone to the market to buy fresh sea urchin. It's about P45 for a small bottle and P60 for a big bottle. My regret is I didn't bring kikoman & wasabi. I just gave extra P100 for the transpo & effort.

1 Thank appleManila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
manila
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We are a party of 16 people, 9 adults and 7 kids aged 5 to 11 yrs old. We booked 4 deluxe rooms via their slumber package for 3 nights (May 30 to June 1, 2009), each person averaged apxm 7k pesos for the 4 day 3 night stay., free airport transfer, breakfast inclusive, free use of snorkel equipment or choice of massage. Even a bit on the expensive side when compared with other Alona Resorts, the de luxe rooms is quite spacious - 35 sqm, with complete amenities like those of big hotels, safe, ref, coffee/tea making stuff, free 2 bottles of mineral water everyday, rainshower, cable tv, the only thing missing is wi fi accessibility inside the room. A tip if you want to go snorkelling, please reserve the equipment on the the very day you arrived, because some guests would get them on the first day they arrive and return it when they are leaving. Thinking that the free snorkelling equipment is good for 1 day loan, we ran out when we went snorkelling on our 3rd day even we try to reserve it on the day before. our snorkelling trip.
The staff is superrb, they greet you everytime they see you and they manage to remember most of the 7 kids' name on the day we left - Amazing !
Food is so so but Alona Beach Good eats are just a few minutes walk away. But their breakfast fare is A-okay.
We love their infinity pool and they do not begrudge you with their towel, you are offered one everytime we swam in the pool and you can even take it up to your room and they would collect it there when they clean up your bathroom.
Would definitely return to Amorita Resort when we get a chance to visit Bohol again, International class resort and facilities.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank dancingfeetManila
California
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Getting there is an advnture, tucked into a little road opening to a gorgeous resort. It is not a Four Seasons by any means but it sure ranks with The Ritz when it comes to customer service. Everyone, and i mean everyone from the gardener t the staff greets you at every corner. You are easily reminded of the time of day since you can easily forget it by their greeting. Robert and Liza Marie were awesome at the restaurant. I remember my wife and I road a boat to find sea urchin buying it from an old couple on a little bangka at Virgin Island, the staff prepared my Sea Urchin fresh and as I eat 3 urchins, my plate was replaced. I bouht 15 sea urchins. The buffet breakfast was very filling and tasted great too. King Ramos was an awesome dive guide showing me the best dive I ever had at a wall around Balicasag island and ending it with lunch at his friends place grilling fresh fish and delicious shrimps. Our room was exquisite and very romantic, we even slept with the shades open. The view of the ocean and our own little pool just made things better. I was impressed on our first day, the bathroom accessories were from L'Occitane and this is from an island in Bohol? Lounging around the infinity pool just helped our tired bodies from the events of the day. We enjoyed Panglao island more than Boracay, it is quieter, more reasonable , and definitely more relaxing. The diving is supreme, and the Boholanon's as the locals are called are one of the friendliest and welcoming filipinos of all. And their hospitality is seen everywhere. I was told this is one of the safest cities in the Philippines. And although the typical tourist trip is offered, the Tarsiers, CHocolate hills, the churches, floating restaurant, as a first time I thought it was all worth it. We stayed for 3 nights and that was just right. Definitely a must see.

1 Thank halycon-1
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We love Amorita! We stayed at the deluxe room which had 2 double beds, a rainshower, coffee/tea facilities, safe, ref, and tv with some basic channels. Mattresses are firm and the sheets and duvets smelled like fabric softener and not hospital antiseptic. :o) For a price of php 20,020 for 4 days and 3 nights, including daily breakfasts and airport transfers, I think we hit the the jackpot on this one.
The service is genuine, warm, and effusive. It was never forced and was importantly, consistent. Check in was quick. Breakfast buffet was more than sufficient with an omelet station.
Lifeguard Edward was a natural with the kids. He made sure my 4 year old son was safe and kept our flip flops aligned, towels ready, and water toys available. The staff is on their toes answering your every need. Security is good with gates from the street and beach with guards.
Alona beach which is about twenty steps from the infinity pool is not soooo bad. Except for the seaweed smell, it's sufficient with super fine sand and shallow waters.
Some tips though when going to Bohol: bring insect repellent for nights, transportation (taxis) are quite expensive in general, and don't ever ride Zest Air. Our flight was delayed going to Tagbilaran, and canceled going to Manila.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank GissyWissy
Pasig
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed for a 4D/3N package tour in one of their garden villa. The place is beautiful, the amenities are modern and the people, yes the staff of Amorita is one of the best compared to our previous travels. The beach front (if you may call it beach front) 20 steps below may not be that good but the infinity pool and it's spectacular view easily compensates that. The place is very well taken cared of, no problem with security as well. We enjoyed our stay very much and we are already considering going back soon.

1 Thank caycski
Philippines
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I have been scouting for a resort to stay for our trip to Bohol, and amorita has the highest reviews of them all. So i was very excited to see for myself if any of the reviews were real.
And amorita did not dissapoint at all.
Hands down one of the best resort in the philippines that i have been to. It has excellent customer service with a staff that is very attentive to your needs and very p.r. oriented. The resort is clean and well designed. The picture at their site does not give justice to it. I recommend you to stay at the garden villa - you will love the plunge pool and its private feel.
The downside i think is the beach area. The white sand and blue water is killed by the seaweed that is washed on their shore. Not a pleasant experience for beach fans, like me.
The resort made up for it though, their infinity pool is very inviting.

But hey, you should try this experience for yourself. I am sure that you would go home longing for more amorita.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank deb1517
manila, phil
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Our family spent a day in Amorita – and we loved every minute of it! Everything in this resort was fantastic. We stayed in a garden view villa so we could have a private plunge pool. The villa was spacious, the interiors tastefully decorated. The infinity pool was picture-perfect. The lifeguard on duty was very attentive and offered some water toys to my kids. The snacks we had were also reasonably priced. But what we loved best about Amorita was the private plunge pool. Not too many resorts offer this and we enjoyed soaking in the privacy of our own “backyard”. Now I know why Amorita has such great reviews – it truly is a beautiful place to spend a restful vacation. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family