Great service; great place
Amorita is clean, classy and has a great staff that anticipates the guest's needs. Be it water refill in glasses, handing a working salt shaker, fresh towels, reservations for al-fresco cliff side dining or knowing the names of the guest's children. You can feel the staff's cheerfulness and sincerity all hours of the day. This extends from the driver who picked us up at the airport, the receptionists, waiters/waitresses, masseuse, guard, everyone! We didn't stay at the villa though - it was too expensive. But the rooms were still okay - clean & spacious. No kingsized bed though. Hubby & I stayed in one of the queens in the room.
Best place in Alona Beach:
It's also located atop a cliff beside Alona beach so you get the best of both worlds. Exclusivity and easy access to different restos along the stretch of Alona Beach. Other resorts in Panglao have exclusive beaches and you're kinda stuck there unless you hire a van.
Easy Access to Transportation
Right outside Amorita, there are motorcycles for rent (P150/hour & you pay for gas). My hubby & I rode along the empty, pollution main road. It was beautiful - clean air, barely any cars and green fields with nipa huts & carabaos to the left & right. Amorita is also a short walk away from the main road where you can ride a jeep to Tagbilaran (only about P20 per ride) but we didn't have time to do that.
Amorita vs Amarela
During our bike ride, we went to Amarela which is about 25 minutes away. Amarela was my original choice but I changed the booking since I found out that I would be stuck in the beachfront of Amarela and would have to pay P800 one-way to go to another beach and P1500 one-way to go to Tagbilaran. Amarela is like a beautifully furnished house. But it doesn't have the clean, resort-like feel of Amorita. Another deal breaker was the loud karaoke singing from another resort that I heard all the way up the Amarela resort. Not Amarela's fault of course, but it does ruin the ambiance.
There's wifi at the resto & under the tree, you can also go online in 1 PC at the gift shop. The pool is clean & heated. The beef salpicao is soft, garlicky & yummy.
Fresh sea urchin for only P45 a bottle
You can go to the cafe beside Alona Palm (it's the only one that serves brewed coffee - weak but not bad) and ask the waiter to send someone to the market to buy fresh sea urchin. It's about P45 for a small bottle and P60 for a big bottle. My regret is I didn't bring kikoman & wasabi. I just gave extra P100 for the transpo & effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded atop a beautiful limestone cliff on the southern edge of Bohol's Panglao Island, Amorita is a tranquil seaside retreat that marries world-class service with signature Filipino hospitality. Managed by boutique hotel group One-Of Collection, the 97-room luxury resort overlooks the azure-colored Bohol Sea and elegantly punctuates the vibrant tropical landscape along Alona Beach. A TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice and Certificate of Excellence recipient, Amorita is only a 40-minute drive from Bohol's Tagbilaran Airport, and Bohol is only an 80-minute flight from Metro Manila. Amorita ("little darling") features 97 luxury suites (including 14 villas), organic modern architecture, an outdoor infinity pool, an in-house dive center, stunning cliff-side views of the Bohol Sea, and innovative dining options at the all-new Toma! Wine Bar and the acclaimed Saffron Restaurant, the only restaurant in Bohol offering authentic Boholano heritage dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Amorita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amorita Hotel Panglao Island
- Amorita Hotel Bohol
- Amorita Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island