My first stay here was in 2007, shortly after the hotel opened and for no particular reason I didn't return until 6th Nov and again booked a Garden Villa. Personally I seldom use the small villa pools, they're always very cold and whereas kids don't mind I prefer something warmer and would actually rather have no pool but a decent garden for sunbathing. However, the villa accommodation is fabulous, especially the outdoor shower but be careful the tiled flooring is lethal when wet!
The location overlooking Alona beach is stunning with views of Sequijor and Camiguin on a clear day across the ocean. Away from the hordes but easily accessible if one chooses to eat on the beach. The staff service and attitude here are first class, always friendly helpful and utterly charming, it was a pleasure to chat with them, in particular Rob who ran the breakfast whilst I was there. I enjoyed three lunches and one evening meal and thought the food was excellent.
However, I would have rated Amorita a Five Star but on close inspection it's starting to look tired, the plastic roof around the restaurant is filthy, tiles on the pool are cracked and the edges of the decking frayed as are elements of the dining room work stations. Also tiny details in the villa which really need addressing if it's to maintain it's rating and compete with newer hotels. The job of senior hotel management is to constantly be aware of tiny faults and repairs and never relax!
I worry for Panglao and in particular Alona Beach, two massive new hotels are under construction and several low end housing sub divisions around the island together with all sorts of random untidy structures. Evidence of Russian tourists now visiting together with huge numbers of Chinese and Westerners can rapidly change the balance of attraction here, even Amorita is building another 60 rooms!
Finally a word of praise for the way the hotel staff managed during the typhoon, they kept us well informed and coped brilliantly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded atop a beautiful limestone cliff on the southern edge of Bohol's Panglao Island, Amorita is a tranquil seaside retreat that marries world-class service with signature Filipino hospitality. Managed by boutique hotel group One-Of Collection, the 97-room luxury resort overlooks the azure-colored Bohol Sea and elegantly punctuates the vibrant tropical landscape along Alona Beach. A TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice and Certificate of Excellence recipient, Amorita is only a 40-minute drive from Bohol's Tagbilaran Airport, and Bohol is only an 80-minute flight from Metro Manila. Amorita ("little darling") features 97 luxury suites (including 14 villas), organic modern architecture, an outdoor infinity pool, an in-house dive center, stunning cliff-side views of the Bohol Sea, and innovative dining options at the all-new Toma! Wine Bar and the acclaimed Saffron Restaurant, the only restaurant in Bohol offering authentic Boholano heritage dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Amorita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amorita Hotel Panglao Island
- Amorita Hotel Bohol
- Amorita Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island