We just checked out of Amorita two nights ago and I quickly wrote this so as not to forget how overrated this hotel is.
I joined my US-based sister and her family in their Visayas vacation with Bohol as the first stop. We only spent a night here and we're thankful that it was just one night.
We got two deluxe rooms (as the garden villas are booked) and the room is pretty average with two queen beds and a large bathroom. The bathroom had stains on the floor and incomplete toiletries.
In the morning, my niece's skin was itchy and said that a bug bit her. We didn't believe her until my mom saw a bed bug (locally called surot) on the blanket. We contacted Housekeeping and all they did was to remove the bedbug. They didn't even check the whole bed if there were more.
Check-out was pretty slow as the frontdesk people seemed flustered with the flow of guests checking out. There were handwritten entries in our billing statement that made it difficult to understand what they were.
Wifi is not reliable. Pool is small although the views from the pool are really nice. Breakfast buffet had several options and was very satisfactory.
We booked this since it was ranked first here on TA and chose this over Panglao Island Nature Resort and Bellevue Panglao. I am regretting the choice seriously. Panglao Island has its own private beach and more spacious grounds. Not much space in Amorita and not much activities.
I'm really surprised that it's still ranked in the tope 2 resorts in Bohol.
Good points are the quality of food in Saffron and the friendliness of the staff. Other than that, try other resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded atop a beautiful limestone cliff on the southern edge of Bohol's Panglao Island, Amorita is a tranquil seaside retreat that marries world-class service with signature Filipino hospitality. Managed by boutique hotel group One-Of Collection, the 97-room luxury resort overlooks the azure-colored Bohol Sea and elegantly punctuates the vibrant tropical landscape along Alona Beach. A TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice and Certificate of Excellence recipient, Amorita is only a 40-minute drive from Bohol's Tagbilaran Airport, and Bohol is only an 80-minute flight from Metro Manila. Amorita ("little darling") features 97 luxury suites (including 14 villas), organic modern architecture, an outdoor infinity pool, an in-house dive center, stunning cliff-side views of the Bohol Sea, and innovative dining options at the all-new Toma! Wine Bar and the acclaimed Saffron Restaurant, the only restaurant in Bohol offering authentic Boholano heritage dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Amorita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amorita Hotel Panglao Island
- Amorita Hotel Bohol
- Amorita Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island