First time vacationing in Phillipines and was awed by the beautiful beach of Bohol. Amorita resort is situated conveniently next to the beach where you can head out for dolphin watching and snorkeling trips. There is also a stretch of food places along the beach to enjoy dinner.
Our stay at Amorita was initially pleasant. We were promptly received by the hotel staff at the Bohol ferry terminal and brought to the resort. Check-in was smooth and our friends and I were given adjacent rooms. As we have booked our city tour and dolphin watching trip much earlier, the hotel staff was able to ensure that everything was prepared for us. The tours were well-organised and everything was catered for.
Rooms were clean and adequately equiped (if you don't mind not having the iron). The infinity pool was excellent and is located next to the restaurant which serves good breakfast daily. We enjoyed our stay during the first few days and hoped that we could have more fun with the facilities available at the resort....
And so we booked for the KTV room for post dinner activities and we had made reservations in the afternoon. However, when we were back from dinner, it felt like no one knew that we actually booked the KTV room. The hotel staff then head to prepare the room for us and that made us wait for a good one hour at the restaurant. Luckily, we spent some time at the old table tennis court nearby but it was unbearable after awhile as its was very warm and no one came to inform us when the room would be ready. I start to feel that there is a lack of communication between the staff but hoped that it was just an one-off incident.
On the same day, we also booked our ferry tickets with the counter staff in the afternoon.The frontline staff also took a 30% surcharge required by the hotel in helping us to book the tickets and told us that it will be ready tomorrow. Given the good service provided by Amorita so far and the 30% surcharge, I certainly trust that Amorita would ensure that our tickets will be ready by the next day before our departure.
TO MY DISMAY, we were told on the next day just before we were about to head to the ferry terminal that they were not able to purchase the tickets for us as the terminal closed at 5pm yesterday!!! The frontline staff (another lady from yesterday) spoke in tagalog to our assistant who is going to bring us to the terminal and we couldnt make out what they were saying. It felt like they were trying to hide something from us, but later did we realised that they had decided to purchase the tickets at the terminal.
Honestly, it would have been a better choice to have informed us earlier that they failed to purchase the tickets so that we could have made better arrangements. Once again, they have showed that they have a lack of communication and transparency to their customers when things do not go smoothly. Unfortunately in the end, we were hit by traffic and were not able to purchase the tickets in time. We were clearly disappointed even though our Amorita assistant did try his best to help us purchase the tickets. The stay in Amorita would have been perfect if we didn't have to go through this. So I just hope that anyone who is going to stay there, to inform the staff MUCH MUCH earlier if you are planning anything with them and be sure that you are updated during the progress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded atop a beautiful limestone cliff on the southern edge of Bohol's Panglao Island, Amorita is a tranquil seaside retreat that marries world-class service with signature Filipino hospitality. Managed by boutique hotel group One-Of Collection, the 97-room luxury resort overlooks the azure-colored Bohol Sea and elegantly punctuates the vibrant tropical landscape along Alona Beach. A TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice and Certificate of Excellence recipient, Amorita is only a 40-minute drive from Bohol's Tagbilaran Airport, and Bohol is only an 80-minute flight from Metro Manila. Amorita ("little darling") features 97 luxury suites (including 14 villas), organic modern architecture, an outdoor infinity pool, an in-house dive center, stunning cliff-side views of the Bohol Sea, and innovative dining options at the all-new Toma! Wine Bar and the acclaimed Saffron Restaurant, the only restaurant in Bohol offering authentic Boholano heritage dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Amorita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amorita Hotel Panglao Island
- Amorita Hotel Bohol
- Amorita Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island