“best- valued hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alonaland Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panglao Island
Alonaland Resort
Makati City
“best- valued hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Me and my friends went to Bohol for a vacation and we had a reservation in Alona Land. Our flight from Manila is at 5:30 AM so got to the hotel at around 8:00 AM, I don't know if it is because they were not informed that we will arrived early in the morning but no one's in the reception to assist us. When finally someone came we were advised that our reserved room was not yet cleaned so ended up staying in a smaller room until they finished cleaning our "house" (we stayed in house no. 13). However, it was worth the wait because our entire stay in this resort was nice, the house was neat, spacious, and comfortable, the people are pleasant and accomodating, and the most important thing it is accessible to the market and the beach, they even have a free shuttle service that will take you to and pick you up from the beach. The place even have areas for recreation such as the billiards hall, and the swimming pool, while the garden and hammocks are good for relaxation. For such a beautiful place at affordable rates, I can say that Alona Land is truly a best-valued hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank chiyozoe

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Sitting in my terasse at alonaland overlooking the very nice and clean pool I am very trilled to end up here. The kids enjoy the pool and the free billard and the rest the nice sunbeds and the moterbikes outside that are ready to drive you to the shops if you want... also the free shuttelebus and the cheap laundryservice we like a lot....
We are already feeling sorry to leave in two days time... There is many options for trips and people will come and ask you... Also many oiptions for different cottages here in alonaland... we paid 1700 pr. flat good for 4 people....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank pskovDenmark
Mandaluyong City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

Ok, so this is a very affordable resort. You'll get your money's worth. Except I was really traumatized when on the first night of our stay, somebody was watching me take a bath! Here is how it happened:

First, I will describe the bathroom. The window was only eye-level, it was a jalousie-type and was conveniently placed where the shower area can be directly seen. However, the glasses of the jalousie window was not correctly placed so I could not close the window properly. Instead, I just put down the window curtain.

When I took a bath, I did not completely close the shower curtain because I placed some of my bath accessories outside the shower area. However, when I was getting my soap outside the shower area, I noticed that the window curtain was now slightly open and a thin white-coated metal wire was holding it open. The window was now completely open even though I partly closed it before I entered the shower area. I did not know what to do and was not able to scream, I just stared at the wire (I couldn't see who was outside since it was completely dark already) and after a few seconds the wire was removed and I believe that the culprit ran away. I was completely naked for God's sake!

After that I couldn't sleep and couldn't enter the bathroom again. We tried to report it to the caretaker but she did not seem to care. The resort was not secure at all since anybody could have entered the premises. There were even construction workers during the day.

Worst experience ever!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank red_0910
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

I have been planning our trip for more than 3 months. I have checked almost all travel blogs for insights, advices and reviews to find a nice and comfortable place to stay in Panglao.
At first I was skeptical staying in ALonaland since it’s not a beach front hotel/ resort and have no any idea on how the place really looks like (Reviews and pictures from tripadvisor did not satisfy much of my inquisitiveness) but when I saw the house in which we are going to stay I was stunned. I never thought that the house that we rented was that “big”. We are only 5 in the group but the house (house no 13) can accommodate 8-15 people with extra beds on it.
The house was furnished with all the things that you need for a stress free vacation (Just buy uncooked rice and ingredients). It was like bringing your own house in Panglao!! It has a working ref, cooking utensils, plates, spoon and fork, a rice cooker, a wooden sala set, a TV, 4 double (queen sized??) beds. The bathroom is spacious that you can even put a mattress and sleep inside (hehehehehe). There is no problem with water supply, it is not even salty or has a high salinity level as what has been written on other blogs, perhaps the management have installed water treatment facility to reduce the salinity level of the water flowing on the faucets. They also provide towels (thick beach towels like those which are given as pasalubong by balikbayans) and 2 rolls of tissue paper (I guess this is depending on how long you will stay)
Alonaland has a nice swimming pool, a billiard area and hammocks which you can lounge on when you are tired walking on the beach or when you simply want to have a quite time. Wifi is availble too but you have to ask for the Password. I am not sure if connection speed is ok though.
To go to the beach you can either take a tricycle (PhP 7/ head), walk 10-15 minutes or you can take the resorts’ shuttle service. Shuttle service schedule is posted near the reception area.
The place is really nice and very affordable, for a house that is furnished with useable cooking and eating utensils, and with spacious living area, paying Php 2,500 a night is just right and you get your money’s worth.
Alonaland may not be a (fancy) beachfront resort/ hotel but for me it is the BEST AFFORDABLE PLACE TO BE!!! Definitely, I’ll be staying in this resort again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank lxl_samn_lxl
Birmingham UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

We arrived at night and at first was unsure,but by morning had relaxed and realised this was the place to be.The sheets on the bed are thin,which I could not reconcile with everything else which is wonderful.Its a great place to stay so dont worry about one small detail...we had tv/aircon/cooking facilities in the kitchenette and the high roof gave the whole area a sense of space.
A large living area in our bungalow/lodge,a kitchenette and a balcony/verandah.

A wonderfuly quiet and secluded place to stay.Air con in most accomodation.Just check before booking.A lovely pool and all very intimate yet lots of space between the different types of accomodation.
Just book and go...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GeoffBirminghamUK
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

My family and I had a wonderful stay at Alona country resort. We lived in a newly built house with two rooms and bathroom. There was also a well equipped outdoor kitchen and we always eat breakfast at the house.

Everything was very nice, well built and thought out. There was also a nice veranda overlooking the lovely tropical garden the resort consists of. There was also has a swimming pool where our children spent most of their time in.

Previously you could walk to the beach but the road is now closed. Instead the resort is providing transportation. We were both taken to and picked up at the beach where there are restaurants. There are also resorts, but they felt very crowded from what I saw. The advantage of Alona country is its great space. Alona country is not a place with restaurant and spa but it is a very nice site, where you may be left in peace and can take it easy. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SaraPhilippines
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

Alonaland is a resort with about fifteen cottages set in attractive grounds. There is plenty of space around the cottages, although some are semi-detached. There is a small but pleasant swimming pool with a few sunbeds. Part of the pool is shaded, giving relief from the sun. There is also a decent pool (billiards) table nearby which is shaded and is free to play.

We hired a house at the far end of the resort, next to a field where turkeys roamed freely. It had a bedroom, kitchen/diner and bathroom downstairs, and an open-plan loft bedroom upstairs. Both bedrooms had two large beds. The aircon worked well downstairs and up. The decor was a bit wanting. The towels weren't great and the bed sheets were as thin as they could get without having holes in them.

Panglao is a good home to mosquitoes. In our Alonaland house, defence against them was made difficult by the open-plan nature of the house - the volume of air was too much for our insecticide burners to adequately cope with.

Outside the house we encountered toads, and once a snake.

Alonaland is not far from the beach, but unfortunately the quickest way to get there is through a resort across the road. Entry to the resort costs P300 for each adult - this can be offset against food purchased in their restaurant - a meal there costs about that much. If you walk on the public road, it's a pleasant 12 minute stroll to the beach. Alonaland provides a free hourly shuttle to and from the beach. We used this often.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family