Decided to splash out and stayed 3 nights @ 5,000 pesos a night for a beach facing fan bungalow.
It is impossible not to be impressed with the location - walk out the door and you look straight onto the white sands beach and the sea.
Even though it was just a fan room - the large ceiling fans and additional floor standing fans were more than sufficient to keep me, my girldfriend and 1 yr old son cool enough.
The bungalow set-up was as follows - the ground floor had a table and chairs, cable tv, large fridge. The bathroom and toilet were clean although the hot water took a while to come through. For some reason the clothes cupboard was in the toilet - we didnt use it.
Entry was through double glass doors which some might feel uneasy about - as anyone walking on the beach could see into the room - no curtains.
Upstairs was the spacious bedroom with additional table and chairs.
There was no phone in the bungalow which was strange. For us it was ok and we could walk to the restaurant in 20 seconds and they were happy to delivery breakfast or other meals to us. But if you had any other query we had to walk up from the beach to the reception area which would talk a minute or two.
Nice pools - both childrens and adult size.
The restaurant was excellent and we did not consider it too pricey.
The laundry service was good.
As a one off I would recommend the experience of staying here.
Was the bungalow worth 5,000 pesos a night - still undecided but glad we stayed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun...Alona Tropical Beach Resort, with its beautifully-landscaped gardens greeted by the morning sun is an Asian-styled resort, lying at the heart of Alona strip in Panglao Island, Bohol. A family and child-friendly home-based haven, its cottages are conveniently sprawled over a hilly terrain, giving you a feeling of space, independence and privacy. Fun...take a refreshing plunge in the resort’s swimming pool and sip on a long cool drink served in your front garden. Stroll along the white powdery beach, a heavenly escape soothing your senses in the warmth of the sun and the relaxing sea breeze. Savor our food. Indulge and discover our exciting vacation activities. Enjoy and cherish the company of others. Sand...the added privilege of personalized service marks the tradition of warm Boholano hospitality. Embrace and celebrate with nature. Seek the comfort and freedom in a tropical paradise that gives you a feeling of home, away from home.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Alona Tropical Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alona Tropical Beach Hotel Panglao Island
- Alona Tropical Beach Panglao
- Alona Tropical Beach Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island