“Charming, restful, and good food”
Review of Bohol Bee Farm

Bohol Bee Farm
Ranked #3 of 105 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2013

On arrival to Tabilaran we were promptly be met an airconditioned shuttle and proceeded to the resort, a 45 min ride. On arrival to the Bohol be farm we appreciated to native and charming decor of the place. I notice the home ice store with different local fruit flavor s such as guyabano, durian, tomatoes, and malungay. The ice cream was the right softness and was appreciably not to sweet. The salad and the locally produced breads were excellent. The rooms ( ours was a suite) was large and will decorated with a good functioning airconditioner. The place does not have a real beach but has a docking wood place where you could jump to shallow water, be careful of the numerous sea orchins thus a beach shoes would be highly recommended. The waters was clear and good for snorkeling for small colorful fishes. The resort does place warning notices aptly were precautions need to be done as in the case of the need for beach shoes. The local store is a place to visit with many native products. It is good for a one to 2 day visit. They also offer dive and snorkeling trips to Balicasag (php 2500 for 3 of us) which is an excellent place for snorkeling. If you want to enjoy a real excellent beach take a tricycle ride to Alona Beach ( about 45 mins and php 500). Overall the place is an excellent stay and has very good service. The only real negative is and of Panglao resorts as a whole is the relatively expensive prices for food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is an interesting and unusual resort hidden away in a quiet area of Panglao. Some reviewers have complained that it is not a beach resort: there are plenty of those on the island. the Bee Farm is for those who prefer a tranquil atmosphere with different activities. There is a pleasant decking area on the sea with the opportunity to swim as well as a hot tub and a swimming pool. Our room was clean and attractive with a balcony over looking the sea. When there was a problem with a door lock, the other members of our party were upgraded to a much better room. Food in the restaurant is interesting - not maybe to everyone's taste but healthy, varied and well cooked. There is a well stocked shop and the opportunity to tour the complex. The resort arranged both complimentary airport transfers and a car and driver to take us around the varied attractions of Bohol (well worth doing)

Room Tip: Book a sea view room rather than a woodland one
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I feel really bad about giving such a low review to what seemed to be such a promising place, but it was hard to turn a blind eye to some of the "Cons" of the Bee Farm.

First off the restaurant was very good. I am not a big Organic food kind of guy, not that I don't like the food, I just don't really care how it was cultivated so long as it tastes good. For the most part the food was VERY good. However, there is this red rice, I guess its wild rice or something, and it is just not very good, So I would advise you get the white rice whenever possible. The Ice Cream is incredible and so is the Halo Halo. The rooms are pretty basic and really not much to remember.

My biggest problem with this place is the ANTS... THey are everywhere, in the resto while eating they invade your plate, at breakfast you have to pick them out of the brown sugar for your coffee. On EVERY rail there seems to be an endless stream of ants, It is actually quick annoying! Also, there is no beach close to the hotel, so that sucks.

To be honest, the bee farm is a great place to go to visit and eat, but I would never stay here again. There are far better places to spend a night in Bohol.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

we got the country side tour.. for only 1,400php per person.. it's almost the same as do it yourself price since all entrace fees plus the Lunch buffet in Loboc is included! the driver was punctual and very nice and very informative :))

when we checked in aftera day of touring, we found out that our rooms were upgrded for the same price.. I was like, you guys are the best!! :)) the staff said no one was occupying their executive rooms so they let us occupy it.. the room rate is more than double of what we originally booked (take note we booked 2 rooms) they gave us the panglao and loboc room.. the rooms are huge, bed are kingsize, very comfy plus another bed/sofa.. a group of 5 can stay in just one room and there'd still be a lot of space left!

staff are very friendly, we had a VIP treatment.. then the restaurant - oh, on a cliffside overlooking the sea.. it was romantic when we had dinner and was breath taking during our breakfast (this is included in the accommodation)! I personally enjoyed the flower salad and the squash muffin and the CAMOTE jam -mouthwatering!! :))

All in all, me and my family had one of the best vacations ever in bohol because of Bohol bee Farm!!! They have far exceeded my expectations (considering my expectations were already high bec ause of their price.. but they totally topped it all).. THANKS BOHOL BEE FARM.. we'll definitely be back!! :))

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank camzky
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I like the resort and layout. Seeing crops of herbs and lettuces growing and having the same plants and veggies in your food a few moments later is exhilarating. Food is also very good, above average in pricing and well worth the money.

The major malfunction is ANTS. Walk down the cliff for an ocean swim or set up your PADI dive, on the handle bars there is a constant stream of ants. In our room there was a small army of ants as well.

No beach to enter the ocean. I would come for a trip here to see one of the most interesting resorts with lots to do and see. They have a huge lot and have a small army working for them as almost every decoration is made here by hand.

Cute gift shop. Just keep the bugs away from me and my stuff.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you're looking for a unique vacation experience for the whole family, a Bohol Bee Farm stay is definitely it.
Starts with the ferry/airport pick up. Simply look for the hotel staff waving a big fan (pamaypay) with the words Bohol Bee Farm and you're off to a good start. Check in is a breeze, we got the Tomato Room, very very spacious with one queen size bed and a day bed. There's also a hammock outside our cottage. The BBF has swimming pools, beach or shall I say sea access and scuba diving. The resort conducts farm tours (free for check in guests). The resort offers massage and other spa amenities. And the food...simply the best...organic, fresh and delicious. It was our first time to try malunggay and spicy ginger flavored ice cream...yum! Nothing beats great food and exceptional service to make this one simply awesome and unique vacation experience. You can also bring the BBF experience home, their Buzz shop offers all sorts of wonderful food and non food items. Their breads and spreads are a must try. And yes, BBF accepts Mastercard and Visa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Bohol is a rainforest paradise island, and you really get the full rainforest feel at the Bohol Bee Farm that you won't get from the beach resorts in Panglao or pretty much anywhere else that I've been. The farm is canopied by thick and leafy tree branches and vines. You will be walking on earth instead of sand. You will hear the birds chirping and the waves crashing against the cliffs. It rains for a bit, then the sun shines. Magical.

Spas TRY to look like Bohol Bee Farm -- they use light woven reed partitions and wooden beams and floors to look rustic. Here, it's authentic. The locals really use those materials for their homes. Of course, with genuineness comes a bit of crudeness -- the facilities are not polished and symmetrical as the facilities in hotel spas. However, I find that being in the real deal once in a while is uplifting and more relaxing.

The best part is the availability of spa services. I got a scrub, full body massage, manicure, pedicure and foot massage all within an overnight stay. All were good and not too pricey (compared with the hotels). It was horrible that I had to work in the morning while I was there, but after my meeting, I hung up the phone and proceeded to the spa area to get my nails done on a seaside cliff. It can spoil real life permanently.

I personally like the food -- really tasty and healthy looking.

I was somewhat concerned when I read somewhere that the place is under new management. Not sure who the old management was, but I went here six years ago and they have the same owner today (Mrs. Wallace), according to the staff.

It's true that the bees moved away after the last storm, so they have a honey supplier instead of an actual bee farm.

Brief note on amenities -- Beehive Rooms have a flat screen TV and DVD player, air conditioning, mini-bar, tea kettle (instant coffee; no free water), Bohol Bee Farm soap and shampoo (didn't try the shampoo; soap was okay), towels. There was a bed, day bed, wooden couch, chairs and table on the terrace. The view is awesome -- through the foliage, an endless sea.

I did state in the title that it's good for a brief escape. I'm a city girl to the bones so I think a prolonged stay would not be good for me. The things that could potentially get to you are:

1. Insects everywhere. To be fair, I wasn't bitten by anything there, but the novelty of seeing ants crawling in the hotel room and restaurant fades after a day.

2. Limited food choices. Food is good but if you have it for more than a couple of days you might turn into a vegetable (if we are what we eat). Then, you can be served with a light vinaigrette to the next customer.

3. No beach. You can get to the sea from the seaside deck, but I didn't see any spots for sandcastles and such.

4. No gym, no kids play area and other stuff you see in hotels -- although they have a swimming pool now (in an awkward location).

5. Not sure if there's a free shuttle to anywhere except the airport. But this airport shuttle is golden -- saves you quite a bit of money.

6. Two TV channels, and non-interesting ones. The others might be pay per view; dunno.

7. The staff isn't like hotel staff -- they act like household helpers, which means that they will attend to you and they are quite nice, but also means they hang around each other to chat like family. If you like the ones who look like they are anticipating your every need, they don't work here.

If life treats you badly, you should go here to recharge. But if you will be in Bohol long, and you like conventional hotels, you might want to stay at a "hotel hotel" for the bulk of the trip and just come over for a night or so.

Room Tip: We were upgraded! I hope they upgrade you, too.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends