“Nice place..”

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
Pasay, Philippines
“Nice place..”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel was nice and it was really by the beach.. Nice location and the staffs were also nice.. We got two rooms for our parents and for the four of us.. Nothing great with the rooms but they were clean.. Their food was also good,, will recommend to friends..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hadji V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Zamboanga City, Philippines
Reviewed February 4, 2014

One of the best beach resort here in the Philippines that anyone could visit. i really love the place. it was so relaxing and peaceful. the foods tasted good and all the staffs were nice. the rooms were also clean and very affordable. great experience indeed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jayjen16
Cornwall, England
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We unexpectedly had to stay here due to flight and ferry cancellations and were brought here by a hotel tout from the ferry port. We were informed that no standard rooms were available so had to upgrade to a deluxe room which frankly was standard! We usually research hotels using TA but due to the circumstances had no opportunity to do so but having now read the reviews we would not have booked it.

The hotel is right on a very pleasant beach and had its own pool but there was no seating available around the pool and only 5 old loungers on the beach. The beach itself is lovely with gorgeous white sand and shallow water to wallow in and really is worth a visit. The restaurant had a reasonable international selection which is just as well as there are very few other places to eat without walking a long way along the beach. Wifi was available in the restaurant and was speedy enough. No safe in the room but you can leave valuables to be put in the safe in the reception. There is also a shop on site.

Rooms were adequate with air conditioning, showers powerful and hot water although it was one of those that soaks the whole bathroom if you are not careful. Our rate included breakfast but unfortunately at no stage did anyone mention that breakfast had to be taken before 9 am so when we arrived for breakfast at 9.15 am we were told we were too late but we could purchase a la carte. We found this unacceptable so instead of staying an extra night we checked out. They told us that the lad who helped us with our bags had informed us of the times but we honestly do not recall him doing so and there was no literature at all in the room to say the times. In most beach hotels we have found that breakfast is usually available until 10 am at least and it would be useful for them to have some information about this in the rooms. Reception staff seemed very helpful on checking in but very unwilling or unable to concede that we were not informed of the breakfast time so therefore lost a night’s custom.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mir63

Travelers are raving about these Panglao Island hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Reservation I did made in advance: for 2 nights. We came to hotel at 1st of January 2014 and problems started to arise:
1) Personnel at reception is not attentive - registration procedure lasted FOR 30 MINUTES;
2) Room was worst room I ever seen for rate 90$: everything old, cheap and broken. Broken furniture, poor light, thin paralone matress and cushions; no hot water at bath-sink, only in shower; etc.etc.etc.
3) Personnel at reception was indifferent to our claims. Only the room keeping service helped me to change the room. It was named the same class "Executive double" and had a better matress and newer TV and not broken furniture but at the evening the hot water became absent. As I was told only at 12.00 of the next day - something became broken at the water supply of the room and it is OK for them.

No one tried to solve my problems for 2 hours. Girls at reception changed and always referred to management. Management is hiding at the hotel but them say it is out of location. I did not managed to contact management and left the hotel.

I came for vacation and my wife in pregnant and I paid in advance a significant amount of money for this region. All that is announced about this hotel is fake and cheat, fake and cheat, FAKE and CHEAT! ALL PHOTOS are FAKE, do not believe them! Most of the rooms are old and demolished. Value for money is zero.

We checked-out and transferred to neighborhood hotel where for the same money obtained the really luxury suit.

P.S. rates per room at a reception are twice or triple lower then at internet. My advance payment was not paid back for the second night.

Room Tip: NEVER! DO YOU HEAR ME? NEVER COME HERE!!! YOU save your holiday mood, nerves and money.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank ankslv
Manila
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is one hotel/resort I will never go back and recommend to anyone. Although the location was very nice, most of the staff are not very accomodating. Especially, in the restaurant, you bring water or anything, they will immediately charge you, if you want to borrow utensils, they will ask for a deposit. It's not like we did not spend any money in the restaurant, but we just didn't feel "at home or welcome" at the resort.

I would not recommend this hotel/resort to any of my family and frieds. Will DEFINITELY NOT GO BACK TO THIS HOTEL/RESORT!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank dasantosjr
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A dream vacation turned into a nightmare.

My husband and I arrived in Dumaluan Beach Resort around 6:00 pm of July 22, 2013. Looking for a room, we noticed a painter working on the balcony railings of their three-storey building. I asked the hotel staff if they were having renovation in that part of the resort. We would like to get a construction/noise-free environment to relax for a day. The staff told us that they were only re-painting and that the work would be done the same night, thus the overtime. So, we proceeded to see room 201 and it looked good. The view from the balcony was also nice, so my husband and I decided to rent it even though it costs Php 7,000 (US $ 167) per night. We longed to have a beach front vacation so we were happy to get the room. We had a good dinner along the beach and a good night sleep. But as soon as I woke up at around 6:00am, the nightmare began. Our slippers were missing and I saw tiny black substances (which I believed, feces) on the floor where we placed our slippers. I got terrified with the thought of rats crawling under our bed and chewing our stuff. I looked under and I saw our slippers on the far end. I waited for my husband to wake up and told him about the slippers. As soon as he woke up, we told the housekeeping about our problem. (By the way, they don't have phones in their rooms so I had to go all the way down to the reception desk.) Instead of relaxing and enjoying the morning breeze from the sea, we watched them turn the beds (2 king size beds) upside down looking for the rats/holes. There was none. All they found was our slippers chewed all over and my socks under the bed. We just bought our sandals before going to the resort. My husband and I, wanting to somehow make the best out of the situation, decided to take a walk along the beach while they re-arrange our room. My husband wore his sneakers-SNEAKERS ON THE BEACH!!! Guess what I was wearing?

After an hour, we went back to the room and the noise from room 301, just above our room, welcomed us! They were renovating the room right on top of us and we could hear the pieces of woods being thrown to the floor! They lied to us when they said they were only re-painting and there was no construction! The banging went on and on until my husband was fed up and went up to tell them to stop. We could have let the rat incident go, but the lying and the terrible noise right on top of our heads were just too much for a vacation! We prepared to leave.

Terrible things did not seem to end. My husband demanded for a rebate. We thought it would be fair to get half of what we paid. We did not pay for such a treatment! But the staff said they can only give back Php500 (US$ 11.9)!!! The worse thing is, the manager never talked to us to deal with our problem. The management did nothing! In the end, we decided to leave our slippers and socks with them with a promise that we will never go back there and this will be on the internet to warn others!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Camille R
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2N3D back in 2010. We booked their package (tours and room) for a very fair price. Service was efficient, rooms average, washrooms average, restaurant average... But I couldnt care less because it was facing a very beautiful white sand beach.

• Stayed November 2013