Regardless of all the good reviews I previously read on Tripadvisor, our view is that this a 3 star "resort" masquerading as something else.
Right across the board you can see that whilst there was intent to create something special everything fell well short...from the lack of ocean view rooms even though their website claims the opposite...to the noisy air conditioner in the bedroom (302).....to the limited selection of breakfast (your choice of continental; English or Philippine) - one plate of food...usually served cool to cold, not especially tasty, not especially well cooked...and on our last morning..."Sorry, we don't have any bacon left"...to the pool which if it had more than 6 people in it would feel overcrowded.
Very limited meals menu and what there was was quite pricey.......very small bar.......room service is +15%.....a large book & DVD library, however, there is no index so the only way to make a selection is trawling through the shelves.....
Who would I recommend this place too? Only someone who really wanted to be on their own and did not mind paying a high price for it (Note:- we stayed in the Marco Polo in Cebu at the end of this trip, and it was cheaper & better that Amarela).
Final note - read your quote carefully...even though when you make the inquiry you might ask for a price for 2 adults + 1 child in one room...the price quoted is only for the 2 adults...there is an add-on of PHP600 for the child's bed....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol