Perfect! The only place I've been to in the Philippines where I didn't feel like I was in a Third World country. The bathrooms are perfect - no cases of this or that doesn't work! The decor is understated but nice and ethnicky and just to my taste. The food was really tasty. It's not a bargain, but I would say you are getting exactly what you pay for.
The only things I would comment on somewhat negatively are the wait staff is REALLY SLOW. But then there's no hurry when you are there. The other thing is that the bed I first had was for some reason really really firm (usually it's the opposite problem no?). Too firm for me, but we just switched beds and voila.
Yes the rooms are small but you have the whole place to wander around in. It's really just a place to unwind and do NOTHING. Quiet, peaceful, and it feels sparsely inhabited -- even thuogh we were told that the hotel was full during our stay, we hardly saw anyone. Most of the people staying were foreigners. The front desk staff was really efficient and helpful and arranged two different tour things for us and we just paid for it as part of our final bill -- we didn't have to bring all that cash with us, after all!
Can't wait to go back again. This time for a honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol