“Paradise”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Paradise”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Having to travel from Camiguin to Boracay we decided to travel up on the Sea Cat and stop a night in Bohol. We only wish we had extended that to at least 3 nights so that we could enjoy everything this resort has to offer. Still we now have an excuse to go back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DandJWright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
england
Reviewed January 7, 2010

A wonderful place,in beautiful surroundings,beach and gardens.Nice staffs, very friendly.Food is very nice and the service is oustanding.Good collection of books and dvds' if you want to retire early for the night.Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gildaqs
Philipines
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Nice to stay, but will need to get a taxi into the city every night for dinner, taxi takes 30min and costs 400 peso eachway (£5.00).

Beach is just ok, very diffiult to have a good swim, as there are a lot of rocks and sharp objects just below the surface, so, don't bring the kids!

Overall, would I come back, only if they sack the cook!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Helgie1
pampanga, philippines
Reviewed December 8, 2009

we were booked in a different hotel by our travel agent. however, nearly two weeks before our trip he said that that hotel was fully booked. He recommended AMARELA. though I've seen the website, one cannot trust pictures. I am glad i said ok, coz it made my 14th wedding anniversary!!! Clean rooms/bathrooms, endearing staff who anticipate our needs and very courteous, superb food (though I would recommend a wider variety) and very private unlike the hotels along Alona Beach.

The hotel has antique furnishings, art gallery, library and DVD collections. One can see how much details the owners gave for the hotel's look. If you're an art lover, you will definitely love this place.. I'll definitely recommend this to my friends and family...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ruby_eli_cha
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Amarela was the highlight of our Philippines trip. The staff was amazing- friendly and incredibly attentive to detail without being overbearing. All services including tours, massages, restaurant fare, etc. were excellently priced (USD12 for a one hour massage in your room; USD10 for two people to eat a fabulous dinner, etc.). Breakfast is free and made to order. There are free books and movies to "rent" during your stay. All of these things pale in comparison, however, to the setting itself- Amarela is a gorgeous hotel. Art, flowers and cultural detail fill every available space and it makes for an unforgettable experience.

The beach was great, and I was extremely nervous about it prior to our trip because of reviews on this site. At high tide, swimming is perfect and, at low tide, you can scavenge around for aquatic gems (sea stars, urchins, etc.). Free snorkel gear and kayak "rental" was available all day to our delight!

The ONLY thing this hotel doesn't have is nightlife... but I really appreciated that. I wanted to relax, read and watch the moon rise in a beautiful location and Amarela was perfect for this!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LauraR_9
sf
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The resort was a pleasant surpise. The staff are truly wonderful, the cleanliness of the place is worth mentioning. The architectural details that the owner integrated in the design and building of the resort was notable. The added surprise was the extensive collection of books in the library.

Food was great except I was hoping that they will have more selection for "merienda" or snack.

I highly recommend this place to vacationeers who like a tranquil place to stay. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lilysf
Manila
Reviewed October 31, 2009

To truly enjoy Bohol, stay at Amarela. The place is an architectural masterpiece. I’m not a fan of antiques. I prefer contemporary art pieces and furniture. BUT Amarela made me realize that the combination of the two is even better. Amarela is elegant yet homey and relaxing. It’s not pretentious in any way. The atmosphere will truly stimulate your imagination and juice up your creativity. The place brings you closer to nature.
BUT more than the place, it’s the warm-heartedness of the resort staff that made me enjoy my stay in Bohol. Meal time is the best time at Amarela. Nejel in particular would always give us complimentary appetizer or dessert for us to truly enjoy our meal. The welcome drink was also great. We really enjoyed chatting with them. My special thanks to Nejel, Johnny, James, Jake and Bryan. Thanks to Cloyd and Jensen, too.
I will definitely go back to Amarela – either alone, with my special someone, with my friends or with my family. It’s the best place to get away from it all.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple