Went here for a long overdue relaxation vacation and was not disappointed. The resort is a B&B style place well situated in a nice beach along Panglao island. The combination gives it a very relaxing ambiance.
Rooms are excellent. Very well maintained and very clean. The resort has a decent library where you can read/borrow books and DVDs. The rooms are equipped with a nice LCD TV and a DVD player.
Food is great. Filipino dishes here are excellent. On slow days, breakfast is a la carte. On peak days, breakfast is a Filipino food buffet.
The pool is small but very clean. The beach is excellent. White sand and clear water.
Staff are all courteous and friendly. Needless to say, service is pretty good.
Overall, I will recommend this resort to anyone looking for a place to relax and is tired of the usual big luxury hotel type of resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol