“PERFECTION!!”
Review of Amarela Resort

Amarela Resort
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I just want to share my experience in this resort even if its 3 years ago already. We booked 3 rooms in amarela for 3 days (after our 4 days trip from cebu) and we enjoyed our 3 days stay more than our stay in cebu because

HOTEL ROOM:
Our room has a great view of the beach. It is very clean and neat and cozy. The bathroom is very clean!!!! :) (very important factor in any hotel) ROOM IS the best ive seen of all my domestic trips (In my own opinion) :)

FOOD:
The food in their restaurant is very delicious, i think we tried almost all thats in their menu. The price is very reasonable. we even ordered adobong pusit 3x! Di nakakasawa! (Hope i remember the name of the dish right)

STAFF:
The staffs are very friendly and very accommodating. I remember my son had a fever during our second day of stay and they were so thoughtful of asking if he is ok or does he need medicine. Thank you staff and manong driver (sorry i forgot their names)for looking after my son when we were in our bohol tour! :(coz my son stayed almost the whole time inside the van during our bohol tour)

Our bohol experience was unforgettable because we chose the perfect place to stay. From the first day to last everything was so perfect and beautiful (that we even have pictures from all the sides and corners of amarela hahaha)

Very peaceful place!
Very clean and well maintained sorroundings!
Superb food at the table everytime!
Very good staff!
White beach! (With live sea urchin at the sea side during low tide!)
What more can i ask for?

I really hope to see you soon AMARELA!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank jomarivin

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at Amarela from March 13 to 16, 2013. The resort is even more beautiful in person than in photos. There are flowers everywhere and the grounds are immaculately maintained. The room was very clean and a decent size, with a nice washroom. We could even access the free wifi from our room because it was in the main building. They have tons of DVDs that you can borrow to watch in your room. There is even an observation deck on the roof, from where you can see the stars at night. The art exhibit room was really cool too - it was nice to look at the paintings and learn about the history of the area.

One small issue with our room was that they had just stuck two twin beds together and only provided two twin size duvets. I guess we could have asked for a queen size duvet but it never really came to mind...!

The restaurant is reasonably priced for very good food and big portions. The free breakfast was fantastic, I really liked their crumpets!

Very nice private beach area, which is very well maintained, and they have kayaks for the guests to use. Snorkeling is possible of the beach, but it is easier to get out at high tide. Low tide exposes a few rocks and sea grasses, in which spiky sea urchins live so you have to watch your step. We snorkeled off the kayak and saw a few fish, urchins and starfish.

The staff was very friendly and arranged a Bohol tour and dolphin watching / snorkeling tour for us. Both tours were private and reasonably priced. The dolphin watching was awesome, after the rush was done (we were the last boat out there so all the dolphins were around us at the end). There must have been about 30 boats gathered to look at the dolphins, which is a bit crazy. The snorkeling at Balicasag island was a bit of a disaster, but still ok. They force you to snorkel in their "sanctuary" (and pay 150 pesos each for a "guide" who is completely useless except for paddling you out there), which is packed with people who step on the corals so it is a bit ruined. The coral cliff off the shelf looks nice but you would need scuba gear to check it out.

The resort was really great though. Everything worked properly. Airport transfers were on time and efficient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itsvince
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Very wholesome for family accommodations. The service was great from on-line inquiry to airport pickup services to front desk officers and waiters.

A boutique hotel/resort that is small and personal. The staffs are very accommodating and will go the extra mile just to please... however, all dinning are in-house ala-carte. Sorry, no breakfast buffet. Cooking time takes 30 minutes approx. So please make sure you order ahead of time.

What I love about it is:
This resort is rich with Bohol's culture - featuring paintings from local artists, sculptures, crafts, etc... were displayed and featured in the entrance, lobby, hallways and rooms. Each with it's little story to tell. The lush greenery and flowers gave the place a warm, homey garden feeling.

Overall, I'm happy we chose Amarela!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank WowMom_11
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is the best place to relax and be far from crowded overated Alona Beach. It showcases local craftmanships with there furnitures and interior designs. I love the bed, pool and beach area. Food is good but too pricey.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AgostoAgustin
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our stay at Amarela, February 24-27 2013, was a balm to the spirit. We were celebrating our birthdays, but also mourning the recent death of my father in Manila. Amarela was the perfect place: peaceful yet inspiring, homey yet intriguing, with just the right details to make our fourth trip to Bohol a welcome break. Even though the resort was a distance from the buzz of Alona beach, it provided us with native color in the expanse of beach fronting the hotel, excellent service and delicious food at their restaurant, and extremely comfortable accommodations. Most commendable are the hospitality we received from the owner and the ever-joyful Boholanos who served us with warmth and grace.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nkredlow
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I can't say anything bad about this Resort. When I read or heard the word Amarela Resort, all I can think of is WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. The place is fantastic, books and DVD's were packed. Native paintings and sculptures are on display. I love the way they arrange their furniture and decorations. If you're bookworm, movie fanatic, nature and history lover this place is for you!

Everything I need were there. Service is excellent and Staffs were polite with good customer service. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone! It won't be fair if I'm the only one who experienced this wonderful place and service. God bless you all!

p.s.
we stayed there last January of 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Expl0rerT
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The resort is clean and peaceful. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and my boyfriend and I enjoyed every single moment we stayed on the resort. People are very accommodating and are willing to help with whatever you need. The room is very clean. They have a mini bar, coffee inside the room. You won't find any single trash anywhere you go in the resort. Their beach is great. The two of us walked on the long stretch of white sands and took a lot of pictures from sunrise to sunset. I'll definitely recommend this resort to my friends. And if in case I'll be back in Bohol, this will be my number one choice to stay to. Thanks for the very warm welcome you've given us during our unforgettable stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple