We enjoyed our stay in the elegant Amarela. It was a cut above other places we stayed in the region, although some three to four times more expensive. The resort is well designed with lovely gardens running down to the sea. There are lots of extras which were nice touches including a library (books, games, DVDs). Free use of snorkeling equipment and kayaks. Food was good too - with plenty of local dishes as well as western ones. Service was friendly and efficient.
It would be nice to see water provided in rooms in jugs - seems so wasteful to have plastic bottles every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol