My husband and I decided to spend our 14th Wedding Anniversary in Bohol. We planned to make it a 4 day vacation with our only child in tow. We booked the first 2 nights of our stay at a hotel in Alona Beach and decided to celebrate the last two days in Amarela. As the saying goes, "WE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!" Indeed it was a wise decision. I made the hotel booking via online. I was very much impressed by the hotel's service. Upon making the email booking, the hotel staff sent me a personalized message to welcome us in the hotel. I emailed her and requested for a hotel pick-up service that would transfer us from the previous hotel to Amarela. I immediately got a reply which gave me a very good first impression. And true to my expectation, our hotel experience at Amarela was fantastic! The hotel vibe is a mixture of mediterranean, rustic and native. The hotel amenities were fine. The infinity pool was ok. The beach area was superb. There were about two hotel staff who continously kept the shore line clean by removing weeds. My husband and son enjoyed the water activities that included a free use of the kayak and snorkeling gear. They also had fun playing beach volleyball, table tennis and darts. The hotel had a good selection of books and dvds for free use of its guests. My son was able to borrow one of his favorite movies and got to watch it in our room. Flat screen TV and DVD player found in our room. Food selection was good. For lunch we had, Baked Scallops, Gambas and Salpicao. DInner time we chose Pizza, Herbed Grilled Chicken and Double Burger. Breakfast food was good. I chose the English breakfast which consisted of eggs (scrambled or sunny side), ham or sausage or bacon, coffee or local hot chocolate, scrumpets (good tasting bread), baked potatoes and fruits (banana, mango or pineapple). This hotel is best for couples who are looking for a serene and romantic getaway. Staying at Amarela was a perfect way to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amarela is a cozy yet elegant boutique resort atop a gentle slope with a stunning panoramic view of Bohol Sea and neighboring islands. Natural sandstone pathways run through native landscape, leading to the long stretch of white beach. The resort showcases local art and culture in meticulous detail - highlighting antique & traditional furniture, artifacts & handicrafts, old hardwood doors & floors, as well as an outstanding collection of sculpture & paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amarela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amarela Hotel Panglao Island
- Amarela Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island
- Amarela Hotel Bohol