Originally booked the annexe but when arrived, was upgraded to main hotel. A blessing really. Reception staff helpful and interested in your travel. A good start. Shown to Standard room and the only concern was it had no windows except into a stock room. Large bed, great linen and clean bathroom. Air con worked very well. Happy with room and facilities until shower time: hot water yes, but little pressure.
After looking around for other places to stay, decided to extend my stay for 5 more days. 3 days in deluxe room and 2 more in standard. Obviously deluxe is larger with balcony. I have absolutely no problems with the resort - rooms, facilities, security etc and recommend this establishment. Location is top which has a direct bearing on perhaps room tariffs - I feel a little high but similar to elsewhere with beach frontage.
Bar prices are lower than anywhere else, especially Happy Hour(s)
Service is usually prompt but could be consistently better as can be hit and miss at times
Live entertainment nightly
Quiet and peaceful
Dive shop on site
Good beds and linen except towels
Clean and maintained gardens, rooms and surrounds
Location to other shops etc
Things of my concerns:
Service with meals - the wait is unnecessary as the restaurant is not all that busy - waited for nearly 1 hour one morning and when food arrived, it was cold
I like the way this establishment helps trainees but was a little amazed at the very small allowance awarded to them per month - they do the same work as other staff
Access can be difficult
Would I stay again - without question
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort offers low price accommodations with restaurant, Bar and beach BBQ as well as a live band 6 days a week, located in the famous Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Horizon Hotel Panglao Island
- Lost Horizon Panglao
- Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island