“3 Star Accommodation with 1 Star quality”

Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I am used to staying in less expensive hotels....but this place takes it to a new level. No bath towels in room. Messily tiny bottles of water to drink....and live music blasting until 10pm. Ok Alona beach is more of a party beach....but there are quieter options....

The place is in dire need of a makeover....both with the rooms and service. It's a great location and could be a great place with a few minor updates..including handing artwork the right side up. I will stay somewhere else the next time i in Bohol next time...many other options at same price level and appear nicer.

My fault for not researching better....

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Tree818

Reviewed November 22, 2012

budget choice, great location at alona beach and easily assessible, room is spacious but cleanliness is just ok. Toilet is a bit old and water is salty. With free wifi at room. Hotel staff is not friendly and don't expect too much on service. The pool is small and i did not swim there. But they accept early check-in, I arrived with my friend at 9 in the morning and we can check in without extra charges

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank yuhin85
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The facilities were immaculate, the food excellent and the whole setting was everything I wanted for a restful get away at the beach. The staff was very friendly and made this a wonderful overall experience. In particular, Helen, one of the waitresses, helped me with a lot of local travel trips and really put forth the effort that made the stay enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground level near the pool and was very pleased with the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ScottAfghanistan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we stayed at this place according to the recommendation of our tourist guide. The room is quite spacious. The bed is quite comfortable. but just basic for hotel. The Lost Horizon is just a few steps from the beach shore. the resort is very accessible restaurants and they serve meals just across the beach shores, which makes it very romantic. But service, very very bad service at Lost Horizon. They are just lucky if the entire beach resorts are full which make tourists nowhere else to stay. I hope the owner of Lost Horizon will train their staff for customer service orientation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shan_the_explorer
losthorizonresort, General Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We review and appreciate all comments received by our valued guests. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodation and apologize for the lack of customer service attention you received in the dining area. I have taken action to ensure personnel are attending to the customer needs. I again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't find a specific entry on trip advisor for this hotels restaurant. I would not recommend it. We orders some fresh BBQ squid - which was not even cleaned. The ink actually squirted all over my boyfriend! Even the beaks were inside and to top it off it was over cooked and wasnt seasoned.
The rest of the food - pork adobo, garlic rice and grilled eggplant was small in size and actually cold! It was like it was sitting there for a while before it was served to us.
I can't comment on the accommodation but for sure we won't eat here again. Total disappointment.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank camak
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked my guests in this hotel, and as a privilege they gave me 1 night free accommodation as a travel agent partner. There services were great and especially the staff that makes our stay so great.. Hoping for the next bookings with this hotel partner...

Many Hotels/Resorts are there, but one of the few (LOST HORIZON) are chosen..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alfred_L0rd

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your positive comments. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here with a lot of family in three rooms at teh annex. perfect choice as the rooms were clean, full service and had all teh amenities. Had planned on one fan room but decided to get an aircon when we discovered there was no TV in teh fan room. That was kinda strange...

Short walk to beach and that helps get away from teh music, singers and side show that's going on nightly. Tried teh food at the main resort on two occasions initially, but it took an hour to prepare each time and it was not impressive, so looked for other option up and down the beach. Did love the barbeque a couple of places to teh left 9on teh way to the thai place).

Room Tip: I would prefer teh Annex over main resort every time