“our beach stay”

Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Pasig, Philippines
“our beach stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

we stayed at this place according to the recommendation of our tourist guide. The room is quite spacious. The bed is quite comfortable. but just basic for hotel. The Lost Horizon is just a few steps from the beach shore. the resort is very accessible restaurants and they serve meals just across the beach shores, which makes it very romantic. But service, very very bad service at Lost Horizon. They are just lucky if the entire beach resorts are full which make tourists nowhere else to stay. I hope the owner of Lost Horizon will train their staff for customer service orientation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shan_the_explorer
losthorizonresort, General Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We review and appreciate all comments received by our valued guests. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodation and apologize for the lack of customer service attention you received in the dining area. I have taken action to ensure personnel are attending to the customer needs. I again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't find a specific entry on trip advisor for this hotels restaurant. I would not recommend it. We orders some fresh BBQ squid - which was not even cleaned. The ink actually squirted all over my boyfriend! Even the beaks were inside and to top it off it was over cooked and wasnt seasoned.
The rest of the food - pork adobo, garlic rice and grilled eggplant was small in size and actually cold! It was like it was sitting there for a while before it was served to us.
I can't comment on the accommodation but for sure we won't eat here again. Total disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank camak
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked my guests in this hotel, and as a privilege they gave me 1 night free accommodation as a travel agent partner. There services were great and especially the staff that makes our stay so great.. Hoping for the next bookings with this hotel partner...

Many Hotels/Resorts are there, but one of the few (LOST HORIZON) are chosen..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alfred_L0rd
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your positive comments. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here with a lot of family in three rooms at teh annex. perfect choice as the rooms were clean, full service and had all teh amenities. Had planned on one fan room but decided to get an aircon when we discovered there was no TV in teh fan room. That was kinda strange...

Short walk to beach and that helps get away from teh music, singers and side show that's going on nightly. Tried teh food at the main resort on two occasions initially, but it took an hour to prepare each time and it was not impressive, so looked for other option up and down the beach. Did love the barbeque a couple of places to teh left 9on teh way to the thai place).

Room Tip: I would prefer teh Annex over main resort every time
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank olaf k
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my second stay within the last 3 months, I chose this place because of my desire to dive with Bohol Fun Divers, who handled the hotel reservation on my behalf.

As others have pointed out, the water supply is brackish, but I suspect that is unavoidable given the location - I remember being warned of this several years ago when I stayed at the Alona Beach resort.

The rooms are ok, nothing more, nothing less. Sure there is a new flat screen SONY TV fitted, but to be honest when I go on holiday I have better things to do than sit and watch TV.

As others have commented, the staff are not very quiet when going about their duties. The clean linen store was just outside our room, and on several mornings we were woken before 0600 hrs by someone opening and closing the storeroom door very clumsily.

Service at the restaurant was my biggest gripe on both occasions - its very erratic, as is the food. When we stayed there in may, many of the staff we were told were "OJT - On the Job Training", so by August one might have expected rather more consistency, but alas that was not the case. It seemed to us, that what was missing was a level of supervision.

The other thing we did not enjoy was the "live musicians" in the evening. I am a lover of live music, but I'm afraid the music here drove me away. But there are a variety of good places to eat, including Guissepi's which is excellent.

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floors. the ground floor would be very noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trevor W
Cebu City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

If the construction was finished, I would recommend the Eco rooms. One night they were still working at 10 PM. I will give staff credit for acting quickly upon complaints. Right on the beach, room was clean and everything worked. My ONLY complaint was the construction after 5 PM. I would stay there again if the construction was completed, otherwise pay up and stay in a room near the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lost Horizon A, General Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We appreciate all comments both positive and negative received from our customers. We apologize for the construction during your visit but we were upgrading our standard and deluxe rooms with split type air cons. In some rooms we changed the beds, upgraded the lighting, added granite tables and mirrors. All construction noise was to stop by 5PM but on one occasion the workers continued till 10 PM. All major construction will be completed by 18 Aug 2012. Again we apologize for any inconvenience during your visit.
Antioch, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a trap, looks good in ad but don't live up to the expectations. Checked in, room was dirty, moldy and stinky, no towels, shower broken, and the electric didn't stay on with the key. Visited the lobby 4 times, seemed like the staff did not care or was to use to these complaints. We were scheduled for four nights, checked out after the first night. Even for the price, I would never stay there, I'd rather sleep on the beach and bath in the ocean. Try another hotel or resort, the extra $20 is worth it.

Room Tip: Try another resort, this is far from resort but more of a frustration.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dougz1111
losthorizonresort, General Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We appreciate all comments from our guests. Upon checking out I spoke with you and listened to your linty of complaints. Afterwards I proceeded to your room and as you depicted all complaints was indeed valid. I do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. I have taken disciplinary action by suspending one employee and reprimanding the other. The lack of towels has been rectified. The shower and faucets have been repaired. The air con has been cleaned and repaired to preclude leaking. I again apologize for the deficiencies noted and I will personally inspect rooms more often. Thank you again for bring these problem areas to my attention. I hope you will find the possibility to try our resort once again.

Travelers are raving about these Panglao Island hotels