Lost Horizon- Our Home at Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol.. :)
We stayed here last April 2011 and May 2012 for our annual summer getaway and the location is totally AWESOME! It's a few steps to the beach, in the middle of the resorts, convenience stores and restaurants along the coastline, and offers easy access to boat trips for dolphin watching and island hopping. Masseurs and a henna tattoo artist can be found in front of the hotel's beach area.
The receptionists and staff are accommodating and friendly. They even let me use their main computer so that I could print our e-tickets and boarding passes for our flight back to Manila. :)
Our room (Room B) was clean, the beds and the comforters and the pillows were soft and thick like those at 4-star hotels. Hence, sleep quality was really great. Wi-Fi signal is average but internet connection can be really slow at times (probably due to the number of users). There's a fridge, mini bar, complimentary coffee (maybe 3-in-1 coffee is better than the individualized packet.. or you could just provide extra sugar since 1 sugar wasn't really enough), complimentary bottled water, potable water heater, shower heater, complimentary soap, complimentary shampoo, etc. There's no phone in the room so you have to go all the way to the reception area when you need something. Water from the faucets/ shower was quite salty. Water pressure from the shower as well as the drainage was ok, though. However, the shower and the switch was GRIMY (I hope they do something about this). It would be nice if there was also a bidet. Nevertheless, it was decent enough and everything was functional.
During our stay, our room was well-maintained and restocked with toiletries everyday without us telling them to do so. Minor requests like borrowing of plates/ utensils or requesting for toilet paper and floor towel were met without any fuss or frowns. :)
The food was okay but we found it a bit expensive so we often ate at other restaurants (Pyramid Restaurant is an excellent choice). However, we did have a drink at their bar during happy hour and enjoyed the ambiance there as a band was playing that night.
There are times when we could hear loud conversations and laughter outside our room at noontime. It turns out that some of the staff have gathered there and some of them seemed to be looking for something in the cabinet along the hallway to our room (I'm not sure if it's a supply closet). Anyway, they should really keep the noise to a minimum so as not to disturb guests. They have a really small pool but did you really come to a beachfront hotel just to swim in the pool?
Overall, this resort offered us the best value for our money since it met our limited budget without compromising the quality of our stay. This is definitely my preferred resort whenever I visit Alona Beach. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort offers low price accommodations with restaurant, Bar and beach BBQ as well as a live band 6 days a week, located in the famous Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Horizon Hotel Panglao Island
- Lost Horizon Panglao
- Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island