Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort
$129
$124
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Bohol South Beach Hotel(Panglao Island)
$57
$47
Agoda.com
The Bellevue Resort Bohol(Panglao Island)
$235
$229
$900
Bohol Sea Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
$38
$34
Panglao Regents Park Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
$49
$40
Agoda.com
South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
$217
$210
Travelocity
Veraneante Resort(Panglao Island)(Great Value!)
$40
$373
$341
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach frontalona beachbeachfront hotelsmall poollive bandnice roommini barflat screen tvhot watera bit priceychocolate hillsdivejacuzzidriverannexminibarpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights while on Alona Beach. The hotel is beachfront, has an outdoor bar/restaurant, and a small pool. It is very close to everything to do on Alona Beach My room had WiFi, TV, and a safe. It was cleaned well everyday. The staff were professional and friendly. There is a diving operation connected to the hotel. At night, they set up tables and BBQ right on the sand. Very good. Breakfast was not included with my room, but I purchased it off the restaurant menu. It was good and consisted of both western and Asian items. Overall, a nice small place. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Hotel seems pretty good for the beach and the island, but it is not so:
on arrival, found out a long time, really - I booked a hotel room and then asked
completely absent in the room all the bathroom accessories - are only a towel.
such a small thing like toilet paper - I had to ask (!) and could not do it right the first time
food - this is another side - well fed, no frills, but very good.
seafood and sausage (which are very popular on the island) on the grill - even very tasty obtained!
a large portion of soup - a pleasant surprise as the volume (about 3 liters!), and taste - highly recommend!

Room Tip: sleep without earplugs - it is very difficult, because constant noise coming from a young divers (who were very much on the island) or from the water pump and air conditioner choosing the number - ask for the second floor, maybe there will be quiet
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank afonin
losthorizonresort, General Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

I am very sorry about the noisy guests around you. I wish you had notified my receptionists and they would have taken action to quiet the other guests. I have instructed my room personnel to recheck all rooms for all amenities prior to the guest’s arrival to preclude this from happening again. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and grill food. I appreciate all guest comments and take action to better our service to our valued customers.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

total lack of service from the hotel management. first of all, we were supposed to check in at 2 pm. the room was not yet ready, and we were told, not asked, to wait. i was exhausted after a 12 hour flight, and was not happy. 15 min went by and i went to the reception to ask if the room was done yet, the very rude lady in the reception just said "no, come with me i have another room for u", no apology or anything. the room was a downgrade, very small, and quite dirty with stains all over the bathroom. there was no phones in the rooms. leaky air-con, tap water was salty and disgusting. slow service in the restaurant. over all a bad stay, especially the staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Julianne B
Reviewed January 5, 2012

They ask price for a short same as ALL other bars on Alona beach for a bottle!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Tabakhov
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here with friends, 2 triple rooms. Initially this resort was not one of our choices. We couldnt get anywhere else as they were all booked so we sort of prepared ourselves for the worse. But even then, we were surprised.

Problems started when we reached reception.
1) Even though we mentioned in the booking that we need 2 triple rooms, our extra mattresses only came at night after repeated reminders.
2) When we arrived, the pillows had no covers, one of the rooms had no towels and we found out that there is no phone in the room. Coupled with the fact that there is no lift in the hotel and we were on the third floor, this meant that we had to climb up and down three floors repeatedly just to get what we needed.
3) The tap water was salty and had a fishy smell which makes bathing kind of disgusting.
4) There are loads of lizards in the room and around the hotel.
5) There is absolutely no form of soundproofing in the rooms at all as I could hear all conversations and footsteps happening outside the room and even at the staircase 3 rooms away!
6) The beds creak quite badly.

But! We were still ok. We don’t usually complain and the rooms had really beautiful sea views.

Then it became worse.
7) The next day, we told reception that the water pressure in one of the rooms was really bad. Nothing was done until the fourth day when we checked out.
8) Housekeeping cleaned the room daily but always forgets to give us new towels. This happened on the next day as well.
9) Floor mats were never replaced throughout our 3 night stay.
10) Breakfast orders were mixed up.
11) Lunch orders take 1 hour to serve.
12) They charge exorbitant prices for tiny microwaved box pizzas.
13) Their cappuccino is made from lukewarm water + creamer + cinnamon powder. We thought it was a mistake but the second one came exactly the same with hotter water.
14) Overall speed of the service is also seriously slow even after repeated reminders.
15) On our second day, the water supply in our room suddenly got cut off while one of us was bathing halfway. And when it came back after like half an hour, it was disgusting black and brown in colour. Nothing was done by hotel staff as usual.
16) Water supply in the other room was also cut the next day but luckily no one was bathing then.
17) Reception staff refused to provide us with any towels when we were dripping wet from the pool. When we asked to use our own room towels since they haven’t replaced them for the day, they also refused and said they will bring the towels up to the room!

The worst.
18) On our 3rd day, we left the keys with reception for safe-keeping as we have done it on the past few days when we went to the beach. When we came back and requested for the key, the reception staff claimed that we didn’t put it there and that they cannot find it. We insisted we left it there for safe-keeping and they rebutted that they don’t usually keep keys for guests. This went on for a good 10 to 15 minutes with them denying ever keeping our keys. Finally one of us insisted that they take another look in their drawer, she opened the drawer and found our key at the corner. Without saying a word, she just placed the key on the counter. No apology or any sense of remorse at all. One of us had to insist that she apologise to us and she finally gave a very unwilling and insincere “I’m sorry”. That’s it!

This is probably my worst ever experience in a hotel. Lost Horizon has a lot of potential with it’s beachfront location and an excellent dive centre around the corner. However, if the management doesn’t want to do anything about the quality of their staff, then all these positive attributes about the hotel will soon be lost.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sianz
losthorizonresort, General Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2011

We appreciate all valid comments from our guests. I have spoken with all my staff and no one recalls any of these perceived complaints with exception of the misplaced room key incident. We do apologize for the key not being found. If things were as bad as you depicted I am sure you would have requested the management involvement. I was personally in the resort during your stay and was unaware of any of your claims. Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further. Thank you very much!