This new South Palms Resort claimed to be 4-5 star in Panglao but totally makes no difference in checking in the resort right next to SPR. They share the same beach and shoreline but SPR charges 75% more compared to the resort right next to it. Arrived in Bohol January 16 2014. Checked in Dumaluan Resort (which is beside South Palms Resort). The long shoreline is really inviting you to walk so we did had this long walk. We came across a divider seems to me in the beach. We met a security guard and we were told to just walk in the shoreline because we did not checked in their resort. I had a little conversation and said, I want to look at your resort and see if I can spend my money and if it is worth my money. The security guard offered his manager instead because really, no one is allowed to walk in their resort. I was like really??? Well then this sounds interesting to me so we decided to walk in and speak to their manager. What kind of management is this who doesn't allow you to view their resort? How would I know if this resort is worth my money? When we arrived in the reception, it was quiet and this front desk asked as to how can they help? Informed her, that their security guards need to have orientation on NOT throwing away guest prospects. There were many before us who were pushed back by these security guards, no walking allowed for the reason that they did not check in. This resort will need more studies on how to invite their guests and not just corner them and tell good things about the resort while guests are in Tagbilaran port.
1. Compare SPR to 5 star resorts in Dumaguete where people can walk in and see if the resort is worth staying.
2. Offer walk in dining. How can non guest try your food if your security guards are blocking the way?
3. Compare walking in Amorela Resort and their security guards are well trained and very nice in letting us see their resort. Hello? We are here for vacation, beach and sun and a bed to sleep at night. Any traveler on a holiday knows that they don't have to spend 10000 a night in this resort and spend the day out on Countryside Bohol Tour. Hello? Wake up? The next resort charges 2600 a night and it has all that a traveler needed.
To those who just want to waste money then checked in here. To those who want VALUE for their money, then please make a wise decision.
To my countrymen, don't be deceived on the information that because these are resorts privately owned, it stops you from swimming on the sea where the resort is located. No one owns the sea. Not them not me. It's for all of us to enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The longest stretch of natural white sand beach in the entire island- South Palms Resort Panglao stands out with its unique blend of spectacular seascape, cool private villas and warm Boholano hospitality. Discover architecture that highlights local craftsmanship and Boholano heritage. Just a few steps from the beach, each of our tropical-styled rooms frames a panoramic glimpse of the sea. And just beyond our sandy shores, marine sanctuaries teeming with aquatic life awaits you. First-class amenities cater to a wide range of activities including sports, business and recreation. Fresh produce and live catch from our farms are delivered daily straight to our kitchens for fabulous meals everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA and Hotwire so you can book your South Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Palms Resort Bohol Province/Panglao Island