“EXCELLENT SERVICE!”
Review of Bohol Beach Club

Bohol Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Overall the resort facilities and amenities are abice average. The rooms are well maintained. The common areas are clean. The restrooms are comfy and the cr provisions are apt. The swimming pool is perfect especially after a salty dip in the sea. And its cool blue night light is just such an attraction. The beachfront is obviously better maintained compared to the neighboring lower end resorts.

But never mind all that nice and positive things... to cut the crap... people NEED to stay in BBC when in Bohol because of the EXCELLENT SERVICE!!! Enough said. Just go! Now! :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Bohol Beach Club

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at Bohol Beach Club Resort over the Holy weekend and was thoroughly impressed!

The only glitch all weekend was when we initially arived at the Tagbilaran seaport from Cebu. We had coordinated the resort's shuttle service which ended up being 20 minutes late. Was disapointing to be the last ones left standing in the blistering heat waiting for our transportation to arrive.

Thankfully, once the drive arrived, it was the beginning of a great weekend. The driver was very courteous, got us to the resort safely and we were greeted with welcome beverages upon our arrival.

The rooms are nicely refurbished and well appointed. The aircon worked very well, the mini bar came in handy and the general cleanliness of both the room and the bathroom was excellent.

The beach. What can I say? This is a very serene place where one can enjoy proper rest and relaxation. The beach was never crowded, there were always beach chairs available and the staff would always arrange to bring us cushions and towels upon request. The quality of the beach is excellent as well; the water is clear and the sand is white and powdery. It wasn't necessarily as good as Station 1 in Boracay but the upside was that it was almost comparable but with much less traffic. Oh and I better not forget the hammocks available for use at the beach; couldn't be installed in better places.

Over the course of the weekend, the staff was superb and service was fairly efficient. I would have appreciated more pro-active service from the waiters while at the beach. I often had to get up and walk to the restaurant to place an order. I think the resort would really profit from adding dedicated service staff for the beach as I would have consumed more than I did.

I'm typically very critical about food but was rather satisfied with most of what I ate. There is very good variety on the menu for both food and drinks/cocktails.

We decided to check out Alona beach on the Saturday night which was just a 10 minute car ride away. As expected, Alona was much busier and offered much more of a nightlife for those looking for that. We had dinner, enjoyed some live music and took the more adventurous way back to the resort on a habal habal. (motorbike)

Overall, excellent value for the money spent. I'd recommend this place for families (with or w/out children), couples, friends or anyone looking to get away from the daily grind of the city. I wish I had discovered this place sooner!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The recent reviews of BBC and their great Holy week package made my husband and I chose the resort for our summer vacation this year. Since the place just reopened last December 2013, you can expect new and upgraded facilities.

We stayed in BBC for 2 nights and 3days. The room that was given to us was in 207. It was clean and cozy. I loved the garden and pool view just outside our window.

The beach, on the other hand, is just so serene, so beautiful. Its vast shoreline was never crowded. We wanted a good beach minus the crowd so BBC was our answer to that. We are glad to have chosen the place. It was like we are in this seemingly secluded paradise.

The food was great too. Not that pricey. During our first night (holy wednesday), we had our buffet dinner by the beach while watching Bruce Almighty. The second night (maunday thursday), we had buffet dinner at their restaurant while enjoying the classic songs performed by their acoustic band.

We loved the pool, the staff (special mention to our designated driver Noel) who took us to Tagbilaran on our day of departure. Noel was very nice and polite. He gladly accommodated our request to quickly pass by a pasalubong shop so we can buy some stuff. Also, when we arrived at the port, he offered to assist us in getting our seats number at OceanJet office.
Now thats what I call-- excellent customer service! We are really happy to have met him.

Overall, we are satisfied customers and we definitely recommend the resort. We hope to visit the place again real soon and will be bringing our kids along!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I were planning a trip, one where we could completely relax and escape the pressures/stress of life in Metro Manila. Having just moved to Manila from California a few months ago, one of the most frustrating adjustments we have had to deal with in the Philippines is customer service standards, from dining to banking, tailoring and other basic transactions, service standards in this country tend to be lacking. I hack it up to a couple of reasons, 1, being lack of training and 2. lack of management oversight (whenever you have a problem, management seems to believe its OK to hide in the backroom until you go away, in my experience, PAL EXPRESS and BDO are the worst offenders. I really should write a review of the nightmare PAL EXPRESS subjected my party to during our last trip to Boracay. Let just say, PAL EXPRESS is totally unethical, deceitful, money grubbing and frankly abusive to their customers).

After our recent wedding and playing tour guide and peacekeeper for a number of our friends and family, my wife and I were totally wound up and needed a retreat just for ourselves. With that being said, we were looking for a resort with clean facilities, basic amenities and most importantly EXCELLENT SERVICE STANDARDS. We looked to Bohol Beach Club to provide us with just that. A couple of massages in paradise, fruit shakes and no worries for a few days. The staff at Bohol Beach Club, especially the GM Allan, went out of their way to make sure all of our accommodations were perfect and our requests were met, even specially preparing dishes that were not on the menu. All of our requests were addressed with care and even the tiniest of discomforts were taken as opportunities to make sure we were more than satisfied.

In summary, the facilities were perfect, recently renovated and very well maintained (CLEAN). The food was good and they will make you almost anything you request within their abilities (you are on an island so some ingredients are unavailable). And the service was stellar, just be sure to voice your requests and they will be immediately addressed. Whenever my wife and I are looking for an escape from Metro Manila, Bohol Beach Club will definitely be our top of mind destination.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry W
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel/resort made lots of changes and I'm pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed my stay here, the service was really good and that's reason enough for me to rate high. Also loved the food and free breakfast. Hospitality at its finest. :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Under NEW management, with recently-RENOVATED rooms, top-notch service, private sprawling resort with manicured lawns and huge oceanfront guarded unobtrusively by security, this resort is the ideal choice for a beach vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

After reading several travel blogs and reviews in Tripadvisor, i was a little bit confused why BBC was ranked so low in Tripadvisor (19 out of 40). Reviews were also mixed. Because of this, I was a little bit hesitant to book BBC over the likes of Amorita and Amarela. In the end, i still chose BBC mainly because of its white powdery sand and long beachline.

Booking was a little bit difficult as they have no Manila Office. I had to call long distance to Tagbilaran since they have no mobile number either. They are also not registered in popular travel sites like agoda and asiatravel.

I chose their balik bohol, balik BBC package which includes a 2 night stay in a Deluxe room, with breakfast for 2 days, one time dinner and free land transfers. For 14k, i thought that it was already a good deal.

The trip from the airport to the resort was a breeze. There was no hint that a strong quake hit the province a few months ago.

The road leading to the resort was quite dirty. I couldn't help but feel worried that this vacation might turn into a disaster. Upon making the final turn, i finally saw paradise. Bohol Beach Club was as good as advertised.

The front desk was very welcoming. They also gave us welcome drinks. Check in took about 3 minutes. There were two guys who took our bags and escorted us to our room. Our room was big and comfortable enough for the four of us (i was travelling with my wife and 2 kids). It has a queen bed, twin size bed and all the basic amenities. All their appliances were new. Water pressure was extremely strong. I just wish that they would add a bidet in the toilet in the future. I would probably rate their room a four out of five.

During our stay, wifi signal was weak. It was understandable as the telecommunication companies are still probably rebuilding their facilities after the bohol quake

After unpacking our things, we finally got our first look at the beach and it was truly majestic. The sand was boracay quality. The water was so clear that you can see the beach flooring.

The whole place was very clean. From early morning up to late afternoon, you would constantly see people cleaning the resort, trimming the bermuda and planting new trees.

All their staff were very friendly and will greet you everytime they see you. Service was excellent.

I previously read that their food was top notch and a little bit expensive. That is why i was quite surprised when i tasted some of their menus. It was close to hotel quality. I was informed by the general manager that they recently hired a top notch chef from Surigao to address negative reviews about their food. Price was very reasonable. For about Ph1k, you can already order meat, pasta, salad, rice, dessert and drinks. The waiters were very attentive and gave excellent service. Since my daughter was celebrating her birthday during our stay, they even gave her a birthday cake and greeted her happy birthday.

If you are looking for stress-free and peaceful vacation, BBC is the perfect choice. During our stay, only about 10 out of the 88 rooms were taken, and it felt as if the resort was exclusive to us. A

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family