“AMAZING SERVICE - a completely relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bohol Beach Club

Bohol Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Paranaque, Philippines
“AMAZING SERVICE - a completely relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I were planning a trip, one where we could completely relax and escape the pressures/stress of life in Metro Manila. Having just moved to Manila from California a few months ago, one of the most frustrating adjustments we have had to deal with in the Philippines is customer service standards, from dining to banking, tailoring and other basic transactions, service standards in this country tend to be lacking. I hack it up to a couple of reasons, 1, being lack of training and 2. lack of management oversight (whenever you have a problem, management seems to believe its OK to hide in the backroom until you go away, in my experience, PAL EXPRESS and BDO are the worst offenders. I really should write a review of the nightmare PAL EXPRESS subjected my party to during our last trip to Boracay. Let just say, PAL EXPRESS is totally unethical, deceitful, money grubbing and frankly abusive to their customers).

After our recent wedding and playing tour guide and peacekeeper for a number of our friends and family, my wife and I were totally wound up and needed a retreat just for ourselves. With that being said, we were looking for a resort with clean facilities, basic amenities and most importantly EXCELLENT SERVICE STANDARDS. We looked to Bohol Beach Club to provide us with just that. A couple of massages in paradise, fruit shakes and no worries for a few days. The staff at Bohol Beach Club, especially the GM Allan, went out of their way to make sure all of our accommodations were perfect and our requests were met, even specially preparing dishes that were not on the menu. All of our requests were addressed with care and even the tiniest of discomforts were taken as opportunities to make sure we were more than satisfied.

In summary, the facilities were perfect, recently renovated and very well maintained (CLEAN). The food was good and they will make you almost anything you request within their abilities (you are on an island so some ingredients are unavailable). And the service was stellar, just be sure to voice your requests and they will be immediately addressed. Whenever my wife and I are looking for an escape from Metro Manila, Bohol Beach Club will definitely be our top of mind destination.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dumaguete City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel/resort made lots of changes and I'm pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed my stay here, the service was really good and that's reason enough for me to rate high. Also loved the food and free breakfast. Hospitality at its finest. :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Under NEW management, with recently-RENOVATED rooms, top-notch service, private sprawling resort with manicured lawns and huge oceanfront guarded unobtrusively by security, this resort is the ideal choice for a beach vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

After reading several travel blogs and reviews in Tripadvisor, i was a little bit confused why BBC was ranked so low in Tripadvisor (19 out of 40). Reviews were also mixed. Because of this, I was a little bit hesitant to book BBC over the likes of Amorita and Amarela. In the end, i still chose BBC mainly because of its white powdery sand and long beachline.

Booking was a little bit difficult as they have no Manila Office. I had to call long distance to Tagbilaran since they have no mobile number either. They are also not registered in popular travel sites like agoda and asiatravel.

I chose their balik bohol, balik BBC package which includes a 2 night stay in a Deluxe room, with breakfast for 2 days, one time dinner and free land transfers. For 14k, i thought that it was already a good deal.

The trip from the airport to the resort was a breeze. There was no hint that a strong quake hit the province a few months ago.

The road leading to the resort was quite dirty. I couldn't help but feel worried that this vacation might turn into a disaster. Upon making the final turn, i finally saw paradise. Bohol Beach Club was as good as advertised.

The front desk was very welcoming. They also gave us welcome drinks. Check in took about 3 minutes. There were two guys who took our bags and escorted us to our room. Our room was big and comfortable enough for the four of us (i was travelling with my wife and 2 kids). It has a queen bed, twin size bed and all the basic amenities. All their appliances were new. Water pressure was extremely strong. I just wish that they would add a bidet in the toilet in the future. I would probably rate their room a four out of five.

During our stay, wifi signal was weak. It was understandable as the telecommunication companies are still probably rebuilding their facilities after the bohol quake

After unpacking our things, we finally got our first look at the beach and it was truly majestic. The sand was boracay quality. The water was so clear that you can see the beach flooring.

The whole place was very clean. From early morning up to late afternoon, you would constantly see people cleaning the resort, trimming the bermuda and planting new trees.

All their staff were very friendly and will greet you everytime they see you. Service was excellent.

I previously read that their food was top notch and a little bit expensive. That is why i was quite surprised when i tasted some of their menus. It was close to hotel quality. I was informed by the general manager that they recently hired a top notch chef from Surigao to address negative reviews about their food. Price was very reasonable. For about Ph1k, you can already order meat, pasta, salad, rice, dessert and drinks. The waiters were very attentive and gave excellent service. Since my daughter was celebrating her birthday during our stay, they even gave her a birthday cake and greeted her happy birthday.

If you are looking for stress-free and peaceful vacation, BBC is the perfect choice. During our stay, only about 10 out of the 88 rooms were taken, and it felt as if the resort was exclusive to us. A

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in this resort and I was very satisfied and definitely worth the money. It was my first time in Panglao and bbc made my stay perfect! Upon entering the resort gate, you won't feel like it's actually a resort as it seemed so old and dirty (they are still not done renovating the resort as I found out in my greeting letter). But as we start to descend you begin to see how beautiful the resort is. We were greeted with smiling faces and checkin was done in less than 3 minutes. As we start to walk towards our room, I got mesmerized with the beautiful scenery, that magnificent white beach and how plush looking the resort is. The wide spaces makes you feel at peace. I checked the nearby resorts and they just looked too crowded with all the cottages nearby and trees sprouting all over the place, which really makes it look dark. We didn't regret staying at bbc after checking the other resorts. The food choices were good and price was just right. The pool is very beautiful at night as well. Looks so gummy to the eyes. Overall if you want a retreat away from the noise and just experience a stress free peaceful vacation,  bbc is definitely the resort of choice here in Panglao. Will be back here this summer and hopefully they will be 100% operational.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank dragonhulk
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very relaxing, clean beach hotel that is a good choice for families. Rooms are simple and no frills. The beach, however, is beautiful and the vibe of the resort is just what we wanted for a calm beach vacation in Bohol. I looked around at the other hotels near by on the beach, and I concluded that we made a good choice in staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank casadeboys
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Bohol Beach Club is one of the best beach resort in Bohol island. Service, ambiance, relaxing mode are among the resort is known for. It is very ideal for couples or family specially if you have small kids. The long stretch of white beach with the small nipa hut and hammock are prefect for relaxing mode! Food specially Philippine food is good as well. The staff are very nice and accommodating. There is also small shopping store inside the resort. Since they are one of the pioneer resort along Panglao island all I can say I can still recommend this resort specially if you are in big groups because for sure they can accommodate you all.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends