prior to booking, i first read the previous reviews of BBC but none had one after the resort has been renovated (sometime Dec 2013?). Most of the complaints were the old rooms and facilities, etc. etc. so we had to gamble and so glad we picked this hotel amongst our other choices. It is truly bohol's newest…
we were torn where to go at first... Alona or Bolod? so why not go to both? we had one night stay at Alona (separate review) then two nights here in BBC. anyway, here are my reviews of the BBC hotel….
the hotel was generally nice, clean and secure. i loved the setup of the hotel including proximity/location of the rooms, pool, restaurants, beach etc. seems it was planned perfectly. it is mainly catered for families or the likes since its a private resort compared to Alona which is more of a public party area.
staff from reception up to the waiters were courteous at all times. attentive to all our needs and complaints (wifi was slow maybe because of the typhoon). special mention to the Gen. Manager who made sure that everything is well taken care of.
the deluxe bedroom was big enough for 3 and is in new condition. 1-queen size bed and 1-double bed. usual basic features.. toiletry supplies, safety dep box, mini ref, dryer, lcdtv, etc.. the room was very clean, smells good and truly comfortable. no complaints on the room.
the pool was also clean complete with towel boy and lifeguard. Depth is from 3ft to 5ft so it will cater the children as well as the adults. The pool is rectangular in shape and is perfect for laps. daughter loved the pool and couldn't stop swimming.
the restaurant have generous serving and tastes average to above average. we ordered seafoods, pasta and filipino dishes priced between 200-300 pesos. beer is at 80 pesos. i heard there are also cheaper restaurants nearby/walking distance (Dumaluan area) but haven't tried that since we are satisfied with the selection in the restaurant.
the beach... WOW! powdery white sand…. even after the typhoon, i was expecting a little bit of trash but there was none at all… i hope they maintain this as it is. lots of fishes and starfishes. no signs of jelly fish and/or any unwanted creatures on the sea during our stay. though its a long walk when you want to swim properly since the water is very shallow.
will definitely go back to this hotel when in bohol. hope i can be of help when you decide to book. just look at the picture perfect areas i took of the hotel (sorry for the quality). if you like to relax in a quiet and private environment, then this is definitely the one, truly one of bohol's best….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bohol Beach Club (BBC) is a beach resort in the island of Panglao, Bohol. Facing southward with an unobstructed breathtaking view of the sunrise, the resort boasts of a private white sand beach with pristine blue waters. Being the first in the island, the resort has undergone tremendous changes with its recent renovation and continues updates . Since it beginning till today, BBC has become a forefront in the resort industry in Bohol by offering modern facilities and top class service. The resort is well laid out so that space is maximized giving all guests’ the feel of freedom, privacy and solitude. From the rooms, to the restaurants, the activities and facilities, all aspects of the resort have been enhanced with the satisfaction of our guests’ in mind. Aside from this, BBC continues to boast of having the best beach in the island. A large private beach with powdery white sand, pristine waters and most importantly, all the breathing space that guests’ need in order to enjoy, without the maddening crowd and unwanted distractions. Food choices are also well thought of as the new kitchen team offers a wide variety of traditional Filipino fare as well as international cuisine that will surely satisfy the gastronomical desires of all guests. Add to this the impeccable service of the Boholanos; genuine service that comes from the heart! This is what makes for a perfect vacation in Bohol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your Bohol Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohol Beach Club Hotel Panglao Island
- Bohol Beach Hotel
- Beach Bohol
- Bohol Beach Club Bohol Province/Panglao Island