“A show unlike any other. One of nature's best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kayakasia Philippines

Kayakasia Philippines
Ranked #12 of 32 Tours in Panglao Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Philippine's waterways on a kayak. Paddle through a pristine mangrove river at night & witness a mystical congregation of fireflies in our "Firefly Kayaking Trip / Firefly Watching Tour ". Explore our scenic, sandy & historically rich coasts in our "Kayak 2 Churches & Kayak to Bee Farm" trips. Go in a wilderness adventure trip in our "Trek & Kayak" trip. Escape to uninhabited islands, camp or dine in our "Sandbar Dining" trip. Our guides are certified kayak guides. We operate with well-conditioned sea-kayaks & tandem kayaks that are regularly checked. When in Bohol, explore our island in an eco-friendly way - have a trip with us!
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A show unlike any other. One of nature's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Let these little fiery balls of insects blow your mind. And rock your world. If you're used to the blazing city lights, nothing like this trip can bring you back to the beauty and basics of real life: the simple pleasures of a quiet commune with nature and the grandeur of its tiny miracle in the form of these fireflies. My first experience with them literally puts the lights of Paris to shame! The city of lights found a worthy competition with these beautiful and amazing minuscule light bearers. The wonder lies in the way they light up a tree, seemingly dancing in an orchestra of a silent music masterpiece .. Nothing short of amazing really. I can go on and on and on raving mad about how wonderful this trip is. But the only thing that can bring justice to this is by seeing and experiencing it for yourself. The professional yet friendly guides and the sumptuous local food that come with the package are
added bonuses to this delightful trip. Let the country surprise you with how beautiful the people, the food, the places and experiences are and there's no better way to begin your journey than with this trip. Well done kayakasia Philippines and Bohol!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank amtootskidoodledoo

• Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Good fun - something a bit different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Excellent trip with a fantastic guide. Great Eco friendly way to see the fireflies in their natural habitat, although I was expecting a few more. This is perfect if you're looking for something active that's a little different. The meal they served afterwards was also one of the best I had on my trip! Would definitely recommend.

Visited January 2014
Sf Bay Area
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“awesome experience, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We took advantage of the Firefly kayaking experience. I booked the trip about a month in advance, via email. Staff were very friendly, prompt & professional. The fee included round trip van service from my hotel, all kayaking gear, and dinner afterwards. Only complaint (which isn't their fault) is that the drive from my hotel (near Alona Beach) to the river where the fireflies are was nearly 2 hours mostly due to horrific traffic while driving through Tagbilaran). When we arrived, they gave us a brief orientation, and then led us out to the kayaks where there were two guides ready to lead us into the night. The round trip kayaking is about 4km, with several key clusters of trees along the banks of the river where the fireflies congregated in enormous numbers. It was beautiful & mesmerizing. We spent about 90 minutes out on the river. Upon returning, they had a delicious home cooked dinner waiting for us. Then the ride back to our hotel (which only took about an hour at nearly 9PM).

It was a great experience all around, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to do something a bit more active in Bohol.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank netllama
Manila
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“My 1st, but not last, kayak trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Never heard of Kayakasia until I saw their flyer at the Tagbilaran (Bohol) airport. The flyer described different trips with the evening firefly trip being the most popular it seems. But what attracted me was the kayak trip from Alona beach to the Bohol Bee Farm since we were staying along Alona beach and I've not seen the Bohol Bee Farm. So I yhought it would be a fun and certainly different way to sightsee as I've previously done the usual sightseeing trips in Bohol (Loboc river cruise, tour churches by car, see the Chocolate Hills).

I was alone on the kayak trip on the morning I booked, and Sherwin was my guide. He gave some instructions on how to handle the paddle and getting in and out of the kayak. Then off we went. Am really glad I did that tour as I saw parts of Pangalo island from the coast without the noise from a motorized boat, and the water was calm so kayaking was in fact relaxing rather than tiring.

The arrangements were perfect - meet-up at a small inn off Alona beach, a stopover after an hour of kayaking in a public beach for coffee or tea and some conversation with Rey (the manager of Kayakasia), then another hour or so of kayaking and snorkeling along the way, ending in Bohol Bee Farm for a delicious organic lunch. The package of Kayakasia covered all of that including a car transport back to Alona beach with Rey. They even provided a dry bag and snorkeling mask when I said I didn't have any since I was not really expecting to do any kayaking until I saw their flyer.

Overall, it was a great way to spend a morning in Bohol. Thanks so much to Rey, Sherwin, Mark, Melody and everyone at Kayakasia. Anyone going to Bohol should do a trip with them. I definitely will do so when I visit Bohol again.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank chocoluvr
Weeki Wachee Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“7 day Bohol Kayak Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We kayaked from Cabilo a small island off the east coast of Bohol to Alona Beach on Panglao Island in southern Bohol. KayakAsia provided all the necessary equipment and made all the arrangements for lodging along the way. This was no small feat as Bohol had a 7.2 earthquake two weeks before we arrived and typhoon Haiyan one week before we arrived.. There was little or no power and bridges were out making travel by road very difficult. They were adaptable and creative problem solvers.

Ray, the operations guy was great. He and the other staff tended to all our needs and requests. They provided wonderful support the entire trip and took our safety very seriously. Having kayaked all over the world with many different outfitters KayakAsia is the best outfitter I have ever used and I would recommend them unconditionally.

Bohol is a wonderful place to kayak. Beautiful warn turquoise water, wonderful breezes, great beaches and a population that is warm gracious and welcoming make it the perfect place..

Visited November 2013