“4 STARS”

Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Panglao Island
hong kong
“4 STARS”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 3 days 2 nights 3 weeks ago with my wife and 2 other couples.

SERVICE: as with most if not all 4-5 star resort hotels in the philippines, service is second to none. From the airport pick up to reception to breakfast, housekeeping, etc, everyone is
very courteous, very warm ( no surprise here )

ROOMS: Good size, clean and new, bathrooms are large. Again, no complains here. TV with your usual cable channels. We stayed at room 240, has great view of the pool and the beach.

BREAKFAST: Good selection of fruits, bread, filipino breakfast, etc

DINNER: We love the open air restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed the 2 female singers
and the guy with the acoustic guitar. Great song choices, great vocals, very very good.
The food however was very very average. The servings were rather large but the taste
is mediocre. We were 6 and i tasted all 6 dishes, i dont remember each of them anymore,
but was rather disappointing.

I would also like to note that there was no other dinner option in the hotel except this one.

BEACH very fine white sand, however, there is grass all over, and very little to no fish
unlike Mactan Cebu.

ISLAND HOPPING we went to BALICASAG and VIRGIN ISLAND
BALICASAG-overrated snorkelling site
VIRGIN ISLAND-worth visiting, very picturesque

SPA went for a 2 hour swedish massage. Nice cozy rooms, very good massage, but
rather expensive

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tony c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Quezon City
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room: Was assigned a room in the 2nd floor. Higher floors would have been better. Would have loved a better view of the pool and the sea. Spacious room, comfy bed and pillows. Average hotel Wi-Fi internet speed, LED TV, safety deposit box, flat iron and ironing board, 4 complimentary bottled water daily. Complimentary fruits

Washroom: Did not like the inconsistent water temperature especially when having a shower; strong water though. With tub. Complete toiletries, nice shower and basin mixers.

Service: Generally good service. Friendly staff, fast check-in. Airport representative, limousine driver and the resort shuttle driver were very amiable. Tight security within the resort premises. Free airport transfers. Housekeeping attendants were quite chatty though; can hear their voices along the hallway.

Pool: Nice infinity pool overlooking the beautiful sea. Resort is quite new but pool already has missing tiles. Lifeguard present all the time.

Location: Nice quiet, secluded location. 20 minutes by trike to Alona Beach, 30 to 45 minutes from the airport.

Price: Quite expensive but value for money.

Beach area: Sufficient deck lounges. White sand but not as powdery as I would have wanted.

Breakfast: Breakfast at Lamian World Cuisine. Wide variety of food, some main dishes though were overcooked & dry. Service was impeccable.

Marea Al Fresco: another restaurant in the resort. Nice setting, beautiful music. Delicious food, few options though . Good service. With pool and chess tables.

Highly recommended resort in Bohol. Will go back next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bunko007
Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went there to celebrate my daughter's 7th birthday. Upon our arrival at the tagbilaran airport we were greeted by their staff and gave us a shell necklace, cold water and cold towel :). The driver was already there when we arrived so we were transferred right away to the resort. We arrived at the hotel in the morning, their check-in time was 2pm but they allowed us to have an early check-in which was convinient to us because we have 2 kids with us (7yrs old and 1yr & 10 mos old). The room was big & clean. We stayed at 2nd floor with two queen size bed. We enjoyed swimming, playing in the game room, feeding the fish, and lounging on the beach chairs. We also enjoyed the buffet dinner beside the beach. The food was excellent, though shrimp was already not available in the early part of the dinner. Their breakfast buffet at the Lamian was good too. Marea, the al fresco dining have limited food choices. My daughters loved their carbonara and my favorite dessert was brazo de mercedes :) They also gave a complimentary dessert everyday. Since it's my daughter's birthday they gave her a complimentary chocolate cake (her favorite). They sang happy birthday while giving the cake. Her dad and I was so happy seeing our daughter smiling while they are singing a happy birthday song. Their staff was also nice & courteous. They knew your needs. They will served it right away before you ask for it. The life guards were also attentive to their guests especially when there are kids at the pool.
I accidentally cut my finger so we called the front desk for a band aid. A nurse was sent to our room. We didn't expect that a nurse will come to our room to clean my small cut :).

Thank you bellevue bohol for making our daughter's 7th bday memorable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Iya-Pappu A
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my first time to review such hotel although my family and i travelled frequently all over the world. I visited my family last week and decided to take my mother to Bohol as her advanced 70th birthday treat. I booked 2 twin rooms (adjoining preferably) and requested for ocean view. Upon checked in i was told the rooms are only king rooms to my disappointment, as we are a group of 4 adults and 2 kids i prefer to have twin rooms, anyhow, i was offered to put extra bed for free which is a little consolation. The rooms are spacious and the views are spectacular. Upon knowing that it was my mothers early bday treat, Jedaida the lovely lady from front desk told me they can sing bday song for my mother with complimentary cake, i am so touched by this and organised with Jedaida to have it on the last night of our stay during dinner, unfortunately whilst we are having our breakfast on our 3rd day, my daugther told me, someone gave Inay a birthday cake, and i immidiately got frustrated as i specifically asked the cake to be presented on our last night during dinner, the staff at Lamian were very apologetic and offered to have another cake that night which i replied what's the point when it ruins already the surprise, i did appreciate their effort but perhaps they should be more attentive and get the details right. On the second day my sister told me there is flooding in their bathroom and i reported it immidiately to the front desk which they fixed straightaway. The food in the Lamian buffet was substantial and very nice to the delight of my family, but the resort was kind of isolated and there are only 2 restaurants operating so upon eating for 3 nights and 4 days we could hardly find anymore to order as we have tried almost everything in the menu at the Marea restaurant. I treated my whole family for massage treatment at Azurea spa, my 2 kids (ages 11 and 6) my mother, brother, sister for a 1 hr massage and i had a scrub and massage and we are all very happy with the service, thanks to Menchie, Vicky and Grace. Overall the resort is fantastic, staff are very friendly and attentive and those little inconveniences can be improved. I would comeback to this hotel again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aileen P
Lipa City, Philippines
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel rooms all have views of the infinity pool and the beach. The water is crystal clear and the white sand is almost as fine as powder.

The al fresco restaurant La Marea did not have Crab Maritess in the menu, but Chef Dindo meticulously did his own version and we were pleasantly surprised at his version. It was great! Of course, the attentive, well-informed and courteous staff helped enhance the overall dining experience. All orders were correctly delivered. Without us asking, we were offered extra sauce, water with calamansi (like lemon) with which to wash our hands and an implement to crack the crabs.

On another occasion, we asked for room service and our favorite was grilled salmon with pesto, capers and olive. Great!

While it is storming in Manila when we left, the weather has been calm and sunny in Bohol.

The only downside to this hotel was each room allowed only a maximum of 2 guests and it is not indicated in most of the hotel websites, only in the Bellevue website. In addition, we didn't get the detailed hour-by-hour agenda from the tour desk which we've asked for a week before and when we arrived, no tour guide was available because of some conference where all of guides attended. I think these are minor glitches though and, in some cases, are beyond the control of the hotel staff.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank z3nr1
Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed October 1, 2013

It was a perfect getaway from the city life. If you are looking for peace, quiet and complete relaxation, this is the answer. It is very clean and comfortable, the people are so friendly and courteous (always willing to extend a helping hand). But, in case you would like to have a little action, you can also find it close by. For me, t's just the perfect place to spend quality time with a friend or family. One of the must see place. And to their staff, I truly enjoyed your beautiful smiles.

Room Tip: Corner suites have the best view and more roomy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna P
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Resort is perfect for a relaxing vacation! It is located in the quiet part of the island, far from the party scene. There aren't any bars or clubs in the area but there is a restaurant and a bar in the resort which serves drinks and offers excellent acoustic entertainment at night. Jam403 and Infinity Blues were just amazing!

The resort also has a gym, a spa, billiards, swimming pool, and a playroom which both children and adults will enjoy (fooseball, playstation, table tennis, basketball arcade, etc.). The beach is clean with soft and whitish sand although there were a lot of starfish (which are harmless so it shouldn't really be a problem).

The size of the room is perfect with big comfortable beds, an extra ceiling fan, and a balcony. I also liked the design of the bathroom which came with both a shower and a bath tub.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ange7ica
TheBellevueBohol, Deputy General Manager at The Bellevue Resort Bohol, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Ange7ica,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback here at TripAdvisor!

I am glad to know that your experience with us has made your trip worthwhile. And it is great to hear that our facilities added to your relaxation and pleasure.

We are excited to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Kind regards,