“Very nice resort, overall a great stay but needs improvement.”

The Bellevue Resort Bohol
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This resort is very nice, prob the best in the area. We were not able to checkin to our room till very late, prob close to 4. Beds are very comfy, we had 2 queen size beds unlike some that say they have 2 queen but only have 2 full size beds. Like everyone has said resort is very nice, facilities are nice. They are needing more restaurants which they are in the process of buidling while we where there back in May 2013. Overall service was great with some areas lacking like attention to details and getting your order perfect. To me, the most area needing improvement is the f&b. It wasnt bad, some were actually good. Just more variety and consistancy of the quality of food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TX0810

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed with my wife and 6 year old daughter at the Bellevue Bohol. The hotel is clean, nice room and very modern. It is world class by standards. Service at the restaurant however can be improved and hope the food can be more spectacular. Overall the hotel is 5 star, great pool, nice beach, friendly Boholanos. Will go back and recommend to friends.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jon P
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Located in Panglao far from congested alona beach. Hidden in remote area. Impressive decor using local products. Room is clean comfortable and tastefully decorated. Infinity pool is one of the best I've seen. Staff is helpful and courteous. Breakfast is included in room rate. Lots of choices however beverage glasses are small like shot glass. Beach was a disappointment. Too shallow and I can see garbage(plastics wrappers). Free shuttle to/from airport. We were greeted with shell leis and iced tea and cold towel. Highly recommended. Tour van is $100 for 10 hours. Entertainment every night in lobby. Catholic mass every Sunday in the lobby. Every morning sea urchin eggs for sale near beach for 100 pesos a bottle.

3  Thank Tim V
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband for a much-needed break. Service from everyone (bell, concierge, housekeeping, and restaurant) was impeccable. Even staying at the cheapest level of accommodations they had, we had a fantastic view, direct pool access, and got a more spacious and well-appointed room than in some upgraded rooms we've stayed at in other hotel chains. The hotel grounds are small, but beautiful. The open air architecture kept us surprisingly cool for the summer months. My husband, who is usually averse to non-airconditioned environments had no problems at the fan-cooled restaurant or the open lobby.

Food at the restaurant and room service is reasonably-priced for a hotel. The breakfast buffet has a really good selection of food, with several items changing from day to day (save for breakfast staples, like their fresh egg cook-to-order station, bacon, sausages, and local dried fish). Quality of the local offerings on their menu was fantastic and good value for money. We didn't really get any of the international dishes, so we can't comment on those.

Being on its soft opening (we were told it's only been open around 6 months), there are a few items that can be improved, such as addressing minor power, wifi, and water temperature fluctuations, as well as some staff needing more training in explaining services and dealing with English and Tagalog speakers. Another room for improvement would be streamlining transfer services within Panglao Island as we had a better experience hiring our own external transport provider than using the hotel's accredited one. However, I've noticed that many of the complaints of past reviewers have been addressed. For one, in-room wifi signal is very strong (thanks to the presence of a router/booster in each room). The wifi fluctuation we experienced was due to their ISP and had nothing to do with the hotel's facilities.

All in all, it's the perfect place for a relatively quiet beach getaway in Bohol. Although, it got a bit noisy during a day function they had, the noise abated by sundown and the relaxing atmosphere returned.

Definitely a great alternative to staying at the overcrowded Alona Beach area.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms with direct pool access is convenient if you have someone else staying in the room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Maddie A
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Bellevue Bohol is simply one of the most amazing hotels I have ever stayed in. Once you land you are greeted by a friendly driver and shell necklace. Then you are taken on a breathtaking ride along the water to the hotel where you are given a brief history lesson of the island. Once we arrived to the hotel the staff were all outside waiting and greet you with a welcome beverage (I dont know how to describe it, sweet/tart and very refreshing). I was shown my room and beyond impressed (I had a king room facing the ocean on the 5th floor, the room also featured a jacuzzi tub on the balcony--amazing for sunsets). All of the staff where beyond accommodating and made it their mission to ensure you had a pleasant stay. Desiree was one of the managers I really got to know, she was so friendly and full of great recommendations (I loved interacting with her daily) I will never forget her, I only wish all hotels had a manager with her personality! The hotel also has a great dive company (Emerald Green I believe) and Jif Jif was our guide and was great at explaining all the fish we saw snorkeling, and took us to some amazing places where we saw sea turtles, corals, countless species of fish. The next day he also took us diving and island hoping along with their master diver. This hotel really made my journey to Bohol something I will never forget. I plan on coming back in the very near future! I only wish I could rate the hotel more than 5 stars, because it defiantly deserves 10+

Room Tip: Highly recommend the king rooms facing the ocean, waking up to beautiful sunrise is once in a lifeti...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kristopher W
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family just returned from a 5 night stay at the Bellevue Bohol. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. We stayed in a two queen Deluxe room. The room was nice, but nothing over the top special. We arrived at the end of the Filipino summer and the hotel was crowded when we first arrived (Friday), but the crowds subsided as the week progressed. We took a day trip to see the main island and had a great time with our driver TQ. We also took a day trip snorkeling to the island of Balicasag. This was the highlight of the trip.

The only negative of the hotel is you feel somewhat trapped for meals. There are no restaurants nearby and the cost of a driver makes going to anywhere cost prohibitive. We did find some excellent meals at the nearby resort Ananayana. We enjoyed the food at the Bellevue, but it was not something really special like we experienced at the Ananayana resort (take a right if you're facing the beach).

Overall I would recommend the hotel to all my friends and colleagues and we hope to return again another time. The only thing that the hotel to do to improve would be to add some more plants to increase the "tropical" feel. A well placed hammock or two sure would fit in perfectly as well. ;)

7  Thank txatmag
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Place is great. We had a vacation with my husband and 1 year old daughter. Our room was upgraded because they were full, it had a mini living room and a jacuzzi which was excellent. The hotel breakfast was a bit worse than you'd expect of 4 star hotels, but the infinity pool is clean and just the right size -- not too big but it had the usual 2.5 ft, 4 ft, 6 ft, and 12? ft (short diving?). The beach was clean, the water slightly cloudy and had some seaweeds, but it's okay, our daughter had fun spotting quite a lot of starfish (abnormally many) -- something you can't get from super clean beaches.

The only thing we complained about, and it was a big deal for me, is you can't smell the sea. There's smoke coming from neighboring huts, from selling barbecue I suppose. The smoke is really heavy and clings even after you've gone to your room. Maybe management can't do anything about it because it's not their area? In any case, I hope that barbecue place will move, as it affects the isolated island feel of the place.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool and sea.
1  Thank travelinpig