“feeling sequestered in beautiful surroundings”

The Bellevue Resort Bohol
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Simi Valley, California
“feeling sequestered in beautiful surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband stayed a few days @ Bellevue Hotel. We were impressed with the 5 star service and accommodations. The infinity pool was breath taking and relaxing . Their breakfast buffet was very sufficient, but not as impressive as the Shangrila standard. Sad about this place...and I heard it from many clients... the hotel provided free airport transfers to/from the airport, but charged a hefty P100/pax to go to Alona Beach one way. This transpost only happened @ 8pm and a return for another P100/pax @ 10pm every night. No day service shuttle services were offered.
Considering that this hotel/resort is located away from the action (Alona Beach happens to be the Little Boracay...), the least that Bellevue could have offered is a free shuttle service every 2 hrs to/from Alona. Most guests were forced to stay in the premises because of the hefty price to pay for a shuttle for dinner. Can you imagine a family of 4 taking the shuttle for dinner every night? A car rental one way cost P600.00. My husband did the motorcycle route where we rented a motorcyle with the driver for onlyP30/pax .

Room Tip: beach view rooms are ideal; rooms with even nos....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank panglaofanatics

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in this resort. It had friendly and accommodating personnel. The rooms were nice and cozy. The beach, however, specifically the sand wasn't that clean. I noticed there were some plastic, cigarette butts, and styro in the white sand which wasn't so pleasant to the eyes. Other than that, the resort looked good. There was even a game room with arcade.

One thing our group (we went there for a company outing) complained about though was that our checkin time was supposed to be at 2pm. However, we were checked in past that. Some of my officemates got checked in around 3pm already. We were told that they were still double checking the rooms and that they were fully booked so I guess their housekeeping were all busy. I hope they'll improve on this aspect since many have early flights to bohol and would like to be checked in as early as possible in their rooms to get some rest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Bellevue is the newest and probably the most luxurious in modern standard in Panglao. You get the modern 5 stars hotel rooms and ambience with the natural beauty of a Philippine Island. The hotel is pretty small though, so when I stay there for 3 nights over the Holy week, it is not ideal. There are lots of people lounging in the pool area and with parents and kids shouting, running around. Some family use towels to occupy the sun loungers and I am not aware, when I try to use the chair, they acutally shouted at me while they are in the pool to ask me to put it back. A very unpleasant experience indeed.

The sun is pretty lethal in Philippines, it's impossible to swimming during mid-day. Or you risk skin cancer. It's best to go to the pool at around 4pm onwards where the shadow of the hotel cast over the pool. The beach is clean but there are lots of seaweed. However, if you walk about 3 - 4 meters out, the water are clear and the bottom is very sandy. However, there isn't much to see. It's best to get a trip to Balicasag island for scuba diving or snorkling.

The service at the restaurant is good and the food are reasonable. There is only 1 resturant and if you get tire of the food, I would suggest you take a tricycle to go to other restaurant outside during the day. I highly recommend Tasier Botanika, it's a French run restaurant + park, the view is breathtaking and the food are the best I have in Panglao island. Also, the service of the waiters are as good as high end restaurant in modern standard. Very smart people run that area indeed. Another resturant is Bohol Bee Farm, they serve organic food and the price is very reasonable. The seaview is also very appealing. You can also get authenic souvenier from there, I love their Mango Spread.

Alona Beach is disappointing, too small and narrow, there is probably about 2 meters depth of sand from the restaurant in the background to the sea and lots of banka boats swamped the place. Not pleasant at all. You don't miss anything if you hadn't been there. I heard the beach in front of Bohol Beach Club is suppose to be cleaner and nicer.

If you get bored and wanted some action, it's good to take a countryside tour, but I suggest you call up Bohol Travel Buddy to arrange the 8 hours tour and it only cost php2,500 for the private car. You have to pay for the entrance fee for the Loboc River, Tasier Sanctuary and Chocolate Hill, but the fee is minimal around 50 - 100 max. The Loboc River tour include lunch is 450php per person.

Bohol Travel Buddy is a family run business and Kim the son of the owner had been very helpful, he will be the driver and the tour guide in one and he speak perfect English and not pushy AT ALL.

Overall, my stay had been great and I had been staying at the Sherwwod Bay Resort before I moved to Bellevue as I was getting my PADI diving licence there. It was a very good hotel, too. More quiet and personal as it is a family run.

Room Tip: For the ground floor room, you get to access the pool directly. For the upstairs room you get the o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Uffizi930
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

It is quite a drive to reach the hotel from the airport because it is located at the farthest tip of the island. Checking in was pretty fast but they ask you a lot of questions like your flight back. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my package already included transport for my sightseeing. It also includes airport transfers. The pool area is quite small and the beach is clean and private. The rooms are big with receiving areas. My stay has been so far so good.

• Stayed April 2013
PH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was one of those yearly Holy week out of town trip that my family always do and this time we have decided to go & stay at the Bellevue Hotel & Resort in Bohol. It was really worth the early booking making sure we experience a new great place and warm hospitality that Bellevue Hotel group is known for,

All i can say is, everything was just great, from rooms to ambiance, the environment, the staff & their service and of course the food!

We haven't even left the place, my daughters & wife have already unanimously decided that we have to return to this great place.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chanced upon an advert for this newly-opened Bellevue property late last year and immediately booked a room for our Holy Week vacation. And I'm glad to say we're not disappointed. My family's costs included buffet breakfast, free Wifi and roundtrip transfers.

The Manila-based reservation team was helpful with our booking and promptly attended to our queries and requests. Upon arrival at the airport, we were greeted warmly and provided with bottled water and wet towel to freshen up. While waiting for the other guests, the van driver even assisted me with finding a convenience store to get some supplies.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were once again provided with fresh juices. Check in was a breeze and I was surprised that my request for an Ocean View room and early check in was accommodated.

The room was more than what we expected and I can say we like it better than Shangri-La Mactan. Bellevue has a nice buffet breakfast spread and having buko juice was a stroke of genius!

Aside from these, I guess what struck us most is the quality of service afforded to us by the staff. You feel that they genuinely want to serve you and attend to your needs.

All in all it was an excellent stay for us and it was just great lounging by the poolside, hanging out at the gameroom and watching the sun set while having a cold beer at Flujo. Great memories which make me wish we should have stayed at least one more night :)

Room Tip: Arrange to have an ocean view room
1 Thank jojo t
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a group of 20 including kids stay at this hotel for a 3-day trip. The hotel's beach is on the north side of Panglao Island so don't expect the same quality as Alona Beach.

Overall it was a pleasant stay (bec the kids had fun playing at the pool and activity room) but I doubt I'll be coming back here for the following reasons:

1. Beach: The beach was low-tide most of the day, there is only a few hours window to swim which is from late morning to early afternoon (this is during the month of March.)

2. Food options: The ala carte menu was VERY limited, there are about 3 items that you can get if you want a meal with rice (chicken adobo, lechon kawali, or fish of the day). We pretty much got tired of eating adobo and lechon kawali after the 1st day. The kids' options were either burger or spaghetti. If you go for buffet it is P1,200/person.

3. Expensive transport to Alona Beach: Expect to pay P600/van one-way to go to Alona Beach, and if you go there for dinner, you'd have to leave right after dinner bec the last pick-up is 9:45pm. I would suggest management to provide complimentary shuttle services.

4. Service is not 5-star: Restaurant staff is inconsistent with the service (sometimes you get bread, sometimes not. Food takes so long to arrive and was served cold a few times). Poolside/beachside service is almost non-existent.

Positives about this hotel: huge and modern rooms, nicely designed facilities, large amenity spaces, kid-friendly swimming pool.

1 Thank charlola