“We had a wonderful stay!”

The Bellevue Resort Bohol
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Manila, Philippines
“We had a wonderful stay!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my family's first time at this excellent resort. Great rooms (would give Shangri-La Mactan a run for its money), friendly and courteous staff (although slightly rough around the edges), and the food was excellent -- if slightly pricey. The gym was functional although still not complete. We had a sense of a very well-managed resort with very high standards. Overall, we had a wonderful stay. We've already recommended this resort to friends and family.

Some suggestions: maybe add one more restaurant for variety. We also can see problems if the hotel is full. The swimming pool area might be too small.

Room Tip: Best to book during non-peak seasons.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Aaheim, CA
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you love a nice quiet resort away from the noise in Alona Beach, then this is your hotel. The view was very nice in our room. The room itself was well designed, very clean. They give you fresh fruits in your room everyday and at around 2 pm they knock on your door to deliver small desserts. Since it is a new notel, they only have one restaurant that is open and its buffet. But we didnt mind it coz we usually out anyways. Alona beach is a 10 min drive and they have a shuttle van to drop you off and pick you up in there. At night time, they have a band that performs in their outside garden and you can stay in the balcony in your room, enjoy the view and the music. Its great for couples. My husband and I loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We booked this hotel during the holyweek which is peak season for all destinations in the country. My husband and I travelled with our 2 kids and a nanny so we requested for 2 double beds and a daybed to accomodate us all. We were fortunate that when we arrived, they didn't only have our requested room ready, they even gave us an option to stay in a sea view room but with a king sized bed, an extra single bed, and a chaise lounge for the nanny. We really appreciated being given a choice as It's not common practice for hotels to give guests room options when they are almost fully booked.
The breakfast buffet spread had a good variety and so did their ala carte menu. However, they only had 1 restaurant open that was easily filled up with the number of guests booked at that time. I noticed a sign that they were soon going to open another restaurant close to the pool side. That's something to look forward to on our next visit.
What made our stay in Bellevue Resort was the hospitality and excellent service of the staff. From the front desk, the housekeeping, and the restaurant attendants, they all went an extra mile to serve our needs and answer our querries. If you are interested to see tha attractions of Bohol, they have a tour desk where you can either book package tours or hire a vehicle and make your own tour. For families with young children, they have a kids' activity center to keep them entertained. Over all, thie resort went beyond our expectations!

Room Tip: If you mind the live music playing in the evenings for entertainment, choose the rooms that have th...
San Juan
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

A warm welcome from the airport of Tagbilaran. The shuttle transfer was about 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel. We were greeted with smiling faces everywhere. The room was fantastic. Clean, crisp, classy design with a 40 inch flat tv on the wall. Soft king sized bed and pillows. Good aircondioning. And of course, the view was fabulous.
The resort wide wifi is a good idea. We had wifi even when we were at the beach. Security is commendable. We did not experience any hawkers trading their wares on the beach. There were cctv surveillance cameras everywhere.
Food was good but too pricey. A can of soda was P150! Ridiculously priced! Beer was P180!
Maybe that was their way of discouraging people from drinking too much.
Overall, it was a good vacation. I will recommend this hotel to friends. Thanks Bellevue Bohol.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jonaparte
Philippines
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Bravo to Bellevue Panglao for giving us a truly 5-star experience in Bohol. The one hour and a half Ferry ride from Cebu to Tagbilaran was delayed that day. However, the cheerful "good morning" from the Driver of the Hotel car, who picked us up from the Bohol Pier; to the warm and happy faces of the Receptionist who welcomed us at the Lobby, immediately made us feel at home at the Bellevue Panglao. The Deluxe Room (suite) that we got had a modern Asian design. This 5-star resort is new in Bohol, and you can smell and feel the freshness of the room. The bathroom is beautiful and complete with amenities. They have complimentary rubber slippers (good for the beach), warm cotton bathrobes, a modern safe to keep your valuables, and an iron with an ironing board The king size bed with white cotton sheets is so luxurious and relaxing. We had a birds-eye view of the resort from our room, and thanked God for the amazing view that welcomed us from our private balcony.
We were so hungry after our trip we had to take brunch. We ate at their Lamian Restaurant, and ordered Pasta with shrimp and malunggay pesto sauce and congee. The pasta had a unique taste, maybe due to the malunggay pesto sauce....very delicious indeed! Thank you very much to the efficient kitchen staff. We relaxed and sipped fresh buko juice at the Lamian Resto and learned that we will have our buffet breakfast (included in our room) there.
The rest of the day we spent lazing around by the blue-colored tiled infinity pool. I had the pool all to my self that afternoon, did my laps. Also went down to the white sand beach. The tide was low; although there is a an outrigger boat for rent, that can take you to deeper water if you wish to go swimming in the deep blue sea. One has the option to go snorkeling in the shallow sea.
At night, a lady singer will entertain you with mellow music at the Cabana bar, where you can order pica pica with drinks. Here at Bellevue, you get to relax, enjoy the company of your loved ones and spend quality time with them. There is no distraction here, because Bellevue is far from the maddening crowd that one can see near Alona beach in Panglao. I truly relish the quality time and happy memories spent with my loved ones in Bellevue Panglao.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a nice view, although the Deluxe Room (Suite) has a better view of the Sea, the P...
1 Thank saint28daisy
Marikina, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Again, as I'm always saying you need to plan your vacation as where you're going,your budget, your activities depends on how long you're staying? For you to be able to really experience the great time vacationing! It's my fist time going to Panglao Bohol to experience a stellar service of Bellevue Hotel Resort... It's a wow! Stepping out from tagbilaran airport to ride your service van going to Bellevue not a blink of an eye you can see them.. With a joyous smile, refreshing hand wipes, cold drink water & a seashells necklace! Another welcome drink as you step out from your service van! Countless greetings from the staffs and service elevator is just a split seconds! What a "Grande" room ! I stayed at thier Deluxe room w/c for me is same as the feeling/view/service having their Bellevue suite or the presidential suite! Meaning, "No" discrepancy treatment! Whether you only paying tgis room or having that fabulous room...which for me is the uniqueness of Bellevue! Another thing, is their "Grande" Lamian Resto" that surely will make your appetit tells you to indulge to almost all the sumptuous foods that you can imagine! The great reward staying at The BHR...is the white sand with so much of serenity! What are you waiting for? Inquire and make your next destination to The BHR Panglao, Bohol Philippines ! Tell me if it is not true! Zen C. Feliciano

Room Tip: If you're traveling solo like me or couple get the deluxe room. If with family 4-6pax with nanny...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I just arrive yesterday here in bohol but before that I already check the internet which hotels is good here and we saw the bellevue hotel its like 45 mins away from tagbilaran airport. On our way to check in to the said hoteli was so amazed because thos crew who is in the entrance if the hotel is very polite and very friendly specially the front office staff specially who help us to get the ocean view room they put us in an inside room but after 3 hours they accomodated our request to have a ocean view room and they are rose ann and rechlyn in the fron office that time when we check in we are very happy already. During my stay that day all the staff from janitress bar staff in the fujo bar was so great I cannot say the best words to say but they are very extra ordinary people they will make you feel that you are welcome specially kristianne and nina in the fujo bar.
I feel so very great when I was here in this hotel sunny I feel like im in a paradise were I can relax after this long work in europe and america. When we dine in their restaurant ohhh the food was great the service is phenomenal you cannot say anything bad against them very friendly and they serve you with a smile and every morning we have this package that breakfast is included they will make you full specially im asian I love heavy meal and they did it they make me smile first thing in the morning. The beach itself and the pool area was 1st class I should say I feel like im in a number 1 hotels in europe and in america. They have gym and spa aswell.
Very peaceful hotel you can relax after a huge work for how many years outside this country.
What can I say? I wish I could stay here forever but I have to work also but atleast I can say that ive been to bellevue hotel where I had a vacation of a lifetime...

• Stayed March 2013