“Good but with something to change”

Bohol Sunside Resort
Ranked #13 of 104 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent here almost one week with a good friend of mine . Let's start from the good points : location is nice , not too far away from the little beach center where all the life is , but location is quite and no noise around .
transportation : they gave us the little motorcycle for the whole period , so you are free to go anywhere (of course u must be able to drive it ).
rooms : spacious , clean and I would say basic , but still ok for the price you pay. My friend got their little apartment , that I liked much more then my room . But of course is supposed to be for families or in any case the price is bigger.
Things that I didn't like :
arrival .... their driver left us at their bar area alone. No one came to give us a glass of water , or greet us or to do the check in stuffs...
Service staff : I would fire straight away the guy serving breakfasts and cleaning rooms : really bad attitude , I mean if I start the morning with someone who is very irritating and doesn't really know how to deal with customer or even people , well ...I can understand it in my office , and I do it 350 days in a year .......but on my holidays ....please no !!
Swimming pool : for some reason the swimming pool was always busy with people from outside doing scuba diving lessons .....well I didn't really like it because maybe I just wanted to be relaxed there reading a book alone ( and I am a scuba diver too , so ntg the guys).
All in all still within the range for the price/service relationship , so would eventually consider to come back .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Padrino-65

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I had a great time. Peter was very nice and very accommodating. The kids loved the pool and I loved driving a borrowed motorbike 5 minutes down to the beach where at night there a lots of restaurants and bars. I'll stay here next time I go back.

Room Tip: Both the apartments and the regular rooms were nice. Apartments have an outdoor kitchen and eating a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HugoSandro
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This resort has only few small houses and nice garde with swimming pool, what make it very nice and cosy. Rooms are very big and comfortable. Whole place (rooms, garden, bar etc.) is very clean and well organized. Place is very safe and secured by a fance and guest-friendly dog.
It's located around 2 km from Alona Beach, but it's away enough from the crowdy beach noise. Morover, you're getting motorbike for whole stay for just 300PHP (per stay, not per day). Motorbikes are not in the best condition but enough for basic transportation and sightseeing. Airport/ferry pickup is available with good rate (400PHP). Breakfast is not included, but it's not expensive and is tasty and large. Sound isolation between rooms might be better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank knapiki4
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Vielen dank...first for Florian who pick us up from ferry and take us to their resort...
the resort was nice and calm...from landscape..room...cleanliness and also very hospitable owner sir Peter and staff...
keep it up guy's ...and hope to see you next holiday :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank daydews
Reviewed October 8, 2012

this is a rather new place run by a German family. Near Alona beach which is easy to reach as they rent out motorcycles for a nominal fee. The resort itself is quite small with a limited number of bungalows and rooms. Very clean and silent.
I stayed in a bungalow that was really really spacious, even with outdoor sitting area and kitchen. The bed was king-size and the window-type aircon is sufficient for Bohol.
There is a small but clean pool and even a jacuzzi you can use upon request. I got picked up from the port and they also shuttled me back, very smooth everything. Apparently this resort is also very popular with long-staying guests.
All in all a very positive experience and the next time I go to Bohol I will want to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room is big and clean and the garden is very nice but for the price paid we were disapointed with many things, here they are.

Fridge in the room smelled very bad when we arrived, probably because it was switched off with the door closed.
One of the blinds in the room was broken.
The plastic that holds the shower head was fixed with some kind of tape and didn't hold the weight of the shower head then you have to hold it with one hand to have a shower.
Towels in the room had bleach marks and look very old.
The motorbike provided is bad mantained, they ask you to sign a paper saying the horn and lights are working but in my case, after 50 kilometres of use they stop working, lucky me that I know a bit about motorbikes and fixed it very easily. If you don't know how to do it they may charge you for the "repair".
The helmets provided have the strings broken then they are not safe in case of an accident and they fly off your head when you ride the motorbike.
They say free wifi but from around 7:30PM it stoped working every day until the next morning around 7:30AM.
Safe box in the room but they don't set it up for you unless you ask for it.
We didn't see a single bubble in the jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Manicure/pedicure offered is four times the price you will pay if you go to Rizal Square in Tagbilar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank underfish
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed for some days at this small resort next to Alona beach, and enjoyed it a lot. They have a nice pool, clean and well furnished rooms + 4 appartments. The German owners are well organized and very hospitable, and helped us organizing a nice tour of the island and transfers to the ferry at a reasonable price. The breakfast is very rich, and they also provide german style food for lunch and dinner. Altough this is no 5 stars cuisine, the food is good and fairly unexpensive. The beach is not close, but included in our package we had the use of a motorbike - and so we could reach the beach in a couple of minutes.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple