“Anniversary and Birthday in one”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The critically acclaimed Saffron Restaurant at Amorita Resort is inspired by the seasons and specialties in Bohol. The all-day menu, developed by Chef Raphael Ongchiong, emphasizes freshness, clarity of ingredients, and local availability. Saffron offers a thoughtful reinterpretation of Boholano heritage cuisine, alongside a wide range of Continental and Asian food favorites. The Chef's culinary artistry is met with an excellent selection of wines, signature cocktails, and gourmet beverages. A 162-seat dining venue, Saffron is casual and welcoming, with a decor to match. Sea-inspired accent lighting, all-weather woven furniture, and hand-carved driftwood create a dramatic poolside ambiance that serves to elevate guests' dining experience.
Quezon City
“Anniversary and Birthday in one”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Me and my family travelled here to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary and my son's 2nd birthday.. we did not expect to have our room very well furnished for a family with toddler: a crib has been provided with pillows and blanket, bottle sterilizer, bottle soap, extra water, snacks and a very touching design made on each bed written: (bed1) happy anniversary and (bed2) happy birthday matthew troy. My son, despite his young age, appreciated the design made of flowers very much.

We were treated very well especially my children since they do have activities for kids like movie time and cookie design time =)

We hope to go back there soon.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tanialicious

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Very nice place indeed”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants in Panglao for sure. It is located at the Amorita resort - on of the most luxurious places in the city. There is a great view of the beach from the hill on which the restaurant is located. The food is great and the service if also very good. Only minus is the price - which is a bid to the high side (Philippine wise that is, expect 2000 pesos for a couple but then you are also sure to get a good dinner for sure. Very satisfied.

1 Thank Nicholas M
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“" The Best"”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have called the Office for the reservation (for Dinner) and the staff who answered the phone was just so polite and very accommodating. We were here for the Christmas Eve Dinner. All the tables were packed and reserved.(just thankful we got one!).

Waiters and Waitresses were very attentive, alert and even offer you other options in the menu. I got the pork chop with 2 optional sauce.very tender and yummy...just the best...I ate everything! My husband enjoyed his grilled fish.

We were approached by the Manager. He was such a very nice guy.

We will come back, again!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank safetyme
New Mexico
“Broad menu, good food and service”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Quality and quantity abound at this very pleasant restaurant. For starters, we had beef carpaccio (excellent with fresh greens and a nice balsamic vinegar sauce) and the tuna kinalaw (a local dish) boasted a good 6-8 oz of delicious, fresh tuna with a tasty ginger sauce. My wife had the steak pizza (which came with about a house salad's worth of lettuce on it), with a crispy crust and flavorful toppings, while I had a US steak (tender and cooked the way I wanted it). No wine list, but the bottles alined along the bar revealed a dozen good options across price ranges. Service was excellent and timely. (My sole complaint is with the chairs --square, uncomfortable contraptions that beg for seatback and bottom cushions. Yo' management -- fix this.)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BrianTravelholic
Manila, Philippines
“worth it!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

me and my friends tried a lot of restaurants on the beach strip and everything was pricey but sub par, so we took the long walk to saffron at the rocky end of the beach and boy, was it good!
the restaurant was nice, it had a great view of the ocean, toilets were clean and the staff was very accommodating that i felt like a spoiled princess. i tried the lengua it was well plated and very good. my friend ordered the kare-kare and we were surprised to see that it was deconstructed. (a culinary technique where you take one dish and play with its components. something you dont expect to see in the provinces). the calamari came with 3 kinds of dipping sauces on a wooden plank. the salad was superb!

if you find yourself in alona beach, dont hesitate to try saffron.. it is WORTH IT.

p.s. my friends and i are all trained chefs.

• Visited August 2012