“disappointed”

Bagobo Beach Resort
Ranked #59 of 100 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

my friend and i found out about this resort thru the poor travellers website,thought its a nice place although the location is good because we want to stay at the beachfront
the owner is not so friendly,its good she has two staffs who help us,the room is very smelly specially the bathroom,i requested a two single-bed in one room but they gave us only one single bed,theres tv and dvd but sattelite tv dont work you have to rent dvd from them in order to use it.WI-FI is always turned off at night usually 10 pm and wont be on till the owner wakes up in morning its disgusting because its supposed to be unlimited.If ever i go back to panglao i will never check-in here and wont recommend this to friends and to those who reads this

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Amelissa81
There are newer reviews for Bagobo Beach Resort

Reviewed May 31, 2012

May 5th, a Saturday is a big day for me as well as for my girlfriend. I’m from Novaliches, Quezon City. Actually its my 2nd time here in Bagobo Beach Resort, because of my tight budget. Hey… a lot has changed since I was here last year. I was amazed, the sorroundings had improved, as well as with their rooms, each rooms were equipped with TV sets with DVD players… No regrets in coming back with my girlfriend, this is a pure vacation for us, Breakfast front of the beach, feel the breeze of the ocean, way out of the crowded city. Now we are scheduled to exchange vows next year, same date when we were at Bagobo Beach.

Room Tip: front beach
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank glenn C
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Our company every year are having its Annual or yearly team-building activity and since most of us 34 employees choose Bohol to be the location, As the HRD I was obligated to search for a place that could fit in our budget, As I surf the trip advisor.com, I noticed that plenty of negative comments were posted of the resort but nevertheless since it was only the resort in all Panglao that our budget really fit-in, we decided to go.
When we arrived I was amazed how accommodating the staffs were, all 34 of us has never touch a single luggage in bringing to our rooms.
Their foods are superb, especially their Combo Meal, as if you are eating in an”EAT ALL YOU CAN” restaurant. Frankly non of us left the table unsatisfied. The rooms are clean and very spacious, but most of all the serenity of the place is very very fulfilling to the soul. It is really the place where you can relax and enjoy the true beauty of nature. As we left 3 days after 34 thumbs up. Keep it up BAGOBO BEACH!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank oscar u
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Me and my husband looking for a place which is safety for our 3 kids. The driver brought us in different resorts in Panglao but we didn't like the place, although the resort offered better facilities, swimming pool etc., compared to Bagobo beach resort. When we arrived at this place, we took the room without checking the rooms or not even asking the room rates. We stayed almost a week. I was so happy that my family like the place, I enjoyed 'tsika' with staff and manager of Bagobo beach and while my kids enjoyed playing sand beach and love their puppies(for sure they are big now) and my husband do sun bathing, reading books, no vendors around us, just relaxing. I hope to visit them again. I would say 'tourist who love to stay 'quite' not crowded, I suggest this is the right place to be.

Room Tip: cottage front beach good for our kids...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank gardon t
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had the best time we talked a lot the staff was so kind the food was so yummy we had 4days 3nites if you go there you will have the best time if you want time alone with wifey or girlfriend this is the place for you it's so romantic i did not want to leave i loved it there

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank daddyko
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed in this hotel because of a recommendation of a friend so i didn't bother to check their web site. They picked us up in the port area and it was a nice drive going to the place. The driver is such a nice guy. I really had big expectations about the place. We booked everything through them. Transfers, tours, meals and all that is included in the package. When we arrived we we're greeted by nice staff and was offered our welcome drinks. Their restaurant looks homey and the site of the beach just excites me even more.

Everything was great until they brought us to a room that looks cheaper than any room I have been to. There's nothing inside the room but a small twin bed. The bed was too firm, pillows not fluffy, the towels they've provided smells eewy and too crisp it almost hurt my skin. The bathroom is too ordinary and worst the shower doesn't even work. Totally disappointing!

I couldn't stand disappointment I had to leave the room immediately and transfer to a nearby apartelle that offers a large room with tv, fridge, kitchen and a bathroom with hot/cold shower. To my surprise, we paid almost the same rate for this room if not lower.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ianandi
Reviewed March 1, 2011

When we arrived at this place, upon opening the door of our room there was this foul smelling dog that seemed to be waiting for someone to open it up so that it could go out.
Its stinky smell was all over the room so we had to ask for new sets of bed sheets that wasn't even new, and blankets that looks the same as the bed sheets.

The water was AWFULLY SALTY and i really mean it.. I have never brushed my teeth with such salty water in my entire life, only in this awful place.

Their manager Tess wasn't even there the whole time we stayed there to accommodate our complaints and do something about it. Their beach front was messy for nobody cleans it up. The shore was full of rocks, shells and seaweeds and I even got stung by a sea urchin for the first time because there was a part of the beach that was infested by a huge group of it.

Almost everything here is not worth the penny you will be going to spent. I would never return to this place again!!!

We we're able to make our stay in Panglao really wonderful when we transferred to Dumaluan. This place is very cozy, the food is great, there's a live band during the night they have a pool, security guard, their personnel are polite ,friendly and very accommodating. And the best part, the beach was clean and sea-urchin free. I would definitely go back in Dumaluan beach resort.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends