“Trip with wifey” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bagobo Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panglao Island
Bagobo Beach Resort
Ranked #59 of 92 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
“Trip with wifey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had the best time we talked a lot the staff was so kind the food was so yummy we had 4days 3nites if you go there you will have the best time if you want time alone with wifey or girlfriend this is the place for you it's so romantic i did not want to leave i loved it there

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank daddyko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Taguig City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed in this hotel because of a recommendation of a friend so i didn't bother to check their web site. They picked us up in the port area and it was a nice drive going to the place. The driver is such a nice guy. I really had big expectations about the place. We booked everything through them. Transfers, tours, meals and all that is included in the package. When we arrived we we're greeted by nice staff and was offered our welcome drinks. Their restaurant looks homey and the site of the beach just excites me even more.

Everything was great until they brought us to a room that looks cheaper than any room I have been to. There's nothing inside the room but a small twin bed. The bed was too firm, pillows not fluffy, the towels they've provided smells eewy and too crisp it almost hurt my skin. The bathroom is too ordinary and worst the shower doesn't even work. Totally disappointing!

I couldn't stand disappointment I had to leave the room immediately and transfer to a nearby apartelle that offers a large room with tv, fridge, kitchen and a bathroom with hot/cold shower. To my surprise, we paid almost the same rate for this room if not lower.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ianandi

Travelers are raving about these Panglao Island hotels

Manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

When we arrived at this place, upon opening the door of our room there was this foul smelling dog that seemed to be waiting for someone to open it up so that it could go out.
Its stinky smell was all over the room so we had to ask for new sets of bed sheets that wasn't even new, and blankets that looks the same as the bed sheets.

The water was AWFULLY SALTY and i really mean it.. I have never brushed my teeth with such salty water in my entire life, only in this awful place.

Their manager Tess wasn't even there the whole time we stayed there to accommodate our complaints and do something about it. Their beach front was messy for nobody cleans it up. The shore was full of rocks, shells and seaweeds and I even got stung by a sea urchin for the first time because there was a part of the beach that was infested by a huge group of it.

Almost everything here is not worth the penny you will be going to spent. I would never return to this place again!!!

We we're able to make our stay in Panglao really wonderful when we transferred to Dumaluan. This place is very cozy, the food is great, there's a live band during the night they have a pool, security guard, their personnel are polite ,friendly and very accommodating. And the best part, the beach was clean and sea-urchin free. I would definitely go back in Dumaluan beach resort.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank Marit227
manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

Terrible!no pictures were posted on their website so I had no idea of how their rooms look and I was shocked and disappointed w the condition if their room most especially their restroom.water was so salty you would think you it was sea water.

• Stayed October 2010
6 Thank princesscat09
ncr
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

unaccomodating staffs. No Generator(No power that lasts for 3 hours). No water (incase of no electricity). Salty water coming out of the faucet. Bedsheets and towels were too old.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank black_diamond_ph
pasig
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

Very unaccomdating personnels, no generator (even though power interruption is often happening) and salty water on the faucet just a good thing though nice place because its beach front.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank fourtwenty
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

I and my friends found a mixture of good and bad experiences in this hotel.

We arrived in the afternoon, and we found the staff unaccommodating - the two women who were there were not even smiling. Good thing the place had a redeeming quality. The rooms were clean and the beds were okay. There was a nice small bathroom, although we couldn't get over the salty water coming out of the faucet. When we were washing our face or brushing our teeth, it was weird being able to taste the salty water.

The resort was peaceful with only a few guests, so we had a nice, quiet time there. The swim was okay, although I find the water shallow (maybe because it was low tide), and I couldn't go farther into the beach because there were lots of sea weeds.

The resort also have free wi-fi, good thing.

Our evening there was another story. We ordered our meal in their restaurant: rice, porkchop, and iced tea. My friends were complaining about the porkchop (plain taste with no gravy available), although it was okay to me. Our unanimous complaint had to do with their drinking water. We expected drinking water together with our meal (as is the case in any other restaurant I know), but we raised our eyebrows when one of my friends asked for a glass of water and was told that they charge 25 pesos for a pitcher of drinking water. Unbelievable!

Overall, the beach is okay, but we're turned off by the attitude of the staff and that issue with their drinking water. Next time I visit Bohol, I'll definitely try another resort.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends