“Best i have seen at this price level.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panglao Regents Park Resort

Panglao Regents Park Resort
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Best i have seen at this price level.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

The staff at the hotel are friendly and couldn't do anymore for you. They always have a smile for you and are very pleasant. Guest rooms are the best i have seen at this price level. The pool is exceptional although they have no pool atendant. The food is fantastic and my children just love the breakfast (better than I can do at home that's for sure). The hotel is a short walk to the beach and shopping is very close. All the restaurants are close by so it is very central. My family and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank pgulp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
HONG KONG
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

We were one of those staying at this "resort" during its first month of grand opening. I booked it because it is "new."

In terms of value, I think it is OK for resorts in Panglao. Breakfast was not included, but came at a reasonable price. Food quality is OK.

Mattresses are above average. Room is quite bare with minimum furnishing. Our major grudge against it is: 1. it is next to the highway, so it could be quite noisy in the morning. 2. Bathrooms are terrible. Water pressure is low and the water is very slow. Lots of bugs in the bathroom. The water heater didn't even work in the first room we had. We had to change room with our young daughter in the middle of her shower.

We went to Bohol for a little adventure with our kids to do local farm/homestay, so staying near the beach is not a top priority. We have stayed at the Peacock Garden, the Flushing Meadows and the Sun Avenue Pension at Tagbilaran. We have also toured the rooms at the Bohol Bee Farm. If you don't need to stay near the beach, Sun Avenue Pension's "penthouse" is of very good value and quality - my top choice among the four. Peacock Garden is nice, but quite expensive for the quality. It charges almost the same price as the Shang in Cebu, but obviously cannot compare. As for Flushing Meadows, you can get better quality at Sun Avenue Pension's penthouse at less than half the price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

The hotel is bright new. Our deluxe room was very clean, with nice furniture. The tv works perfect and the shower was huge. Most of the rooms have their own veranda facing the pool, that is just amazing. The staff is friendly. The food was really good, but not a lot of choice and a bit expensive. Our staying was so pleasant that we came back for more days at the end of our vacation.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Missljc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

After 2 bad places in Alona, we came across the newly opened Panglao Regents Park Resort. We had a quick look around and moved in immediately!

A gorgeous pool is surrounded by lovely rooms, that felt like our bedrooms back home. Every member of staff was happy, friendly and extremely attentive. Trips around the island can be organised through reception.

The restaurant served amazing food and we found ourselves dining most nights by the pool as felt the food was better here than the beach restaurants and super cheap!

The location is a short walk from the beach, not too far from the action, but far enough away from the bars and music so you have a peaceful nights sleep!

We originally booked to stay for 7 nights and ended up staying 18...We were sad to leave. Thank you to everyone that made our stay so lovely. :)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank missljc
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

I went to Panglao to relax and unwind. I stayed at a resort on the beach and was really disappointed. The next morning I decided to look around for another hotel, off the beach and to my surprise I saw this new resort it looked like a luxurious place. After seeing the resorts name "Panglao Regents Park" I got curious and decided to check it out.

As I entered the property I was greeted nicely by the staff and lucky enough I was introduced to the owner. He was very friendly and showed me around the property. I was amazed that all of the rooms had a balcony facing the pool. There opening promo was 1,500 peso. The rooms where really nice and modern not to mention the bathroom was just simply magnificent.
After transferring all my things (and the staff was very helpful) my first night I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant the staff where friendly and gave a very good service. The food was great as well. I highly recommend this Resort!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo