“Panglao” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panglao Island
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Panglao”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel was comfortable and always clean and the staff were always friendly and helpful !
The beach was lovely, but overrun by pressuring venders rain or shine! Which was the only bad mark against this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paul L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Spacious, clean rooms. Very good service. Stayed in a couple of hotels in the area for around the same price (30 pounds per night) and this is the best by far!! It has an excellent pool area and happy hour 3-7. A bargain! It's only 5 mins to the beach walking too. Great stay!

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Peter H
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed there for a night with my friends. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and the staffs were really helpful.
What I love about it was that it was not on the main road, the hotel was quiet. The pool was wonderful and breakfast was good.
Downside was that it was a bit of a walk to the beach side.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank akosioye
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is just about 10 minutes walking to the main beach area of Panglao. However, I was a bit shocked with how dirty and unattractive the beach actually was. At any rate, that's not the hotels fault :)

The hotel itself was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and my overall experience here was enjoyable.

If ever going back to Bohol, I would probably stay in the city proper instead of Panglao due to the location and really not a nice beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the pool. Then from your doorstep, the swimming pool is just a few steps away...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jay M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Overall the hotel was ok, but I was disappointed with the pool. See the pretty blue pool in the pictures? I should have taken a picture and posted the reality. Green and cloudy. Would not let my fiance's son get in. I selected a hotel with a pool so she and I could give him some swimming instruction... so much for that. The staff was friendly but not helpful.

Don't choose the annex rooms, on a busy street that is not shown in the pictures. Fortunately the air con worked well and drowned out the street noise.

Safe in room was not big enough for a small laptop.. maybe a small tablet would fit.

Ahh... the kicker.. to use the light in the bathroom, you have to turn on the main light in the room??? Everyone knows when you have to get up in the middle of the night. (or bring your own flashlight)

On the plus side, short walk to the beach, but the beach is crowded and noisy. Still a nice though.

The restaurant was excellent. If you have a sweet tooth like me, try the banana/mango pancake.

I will definitely try a different hotel next time I visit Bohol.

Room Tip: The annex rooms are across the street from the main hotel. Not far, but the street can be a little n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We booked panglao regents park with agoda and when we arrived we really liked the service, quick and easy check in and the rooms where ready with no delays. We enjoyed especially the happy hour cocktails around the pool side and the children had good time swimming in the pool. We wanted to extend our stay however the resort was fully booked. They where very understanding and transferred us to there other resort close by see also Paragayo Resort.

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The saying 'first impressions last' is very true, particularly for this resort.

While searching for a place to stay in Bohol, I came upon this in Trip Advisor. The resort looked lovely and the reviews seemed to be quite good, so I decided to give this a go. I give them points for replying swiftly. However, while I was making the booking for the stay of both my sister and myself (2 people) for 3D/2N, I encountered some inconveniences. The person that I was initially making my booking with seemed to be using automatic or standard responses the first few emails and did not tailor them to my queries or comments.

Eventually they advised me that a bank transfer of the deposit has to be made by a certain date in order to secure my booking. This is huge inconvenience on my part as my bank does not do international bank transfers and I am also paranoid about how safe this is. Luckily, I have family in the Philippines and I managed to ask my cousin from Baguio to make the transfer. My cousin got back to me and said that she was successful in transferring the deposit to Panglao and even sent me a picture of the receipt.

By this time, we just got to Manila and had no local number, we were just relying on wifi to send and receive emails. I sent 2 emails to Panglao asking if they can confirm that a deposit has been received. They did not reply until 2-3 days later saying that no deposit was received and that if this is not done, I will lose my reservation. At this point, I was furious and used a pay phone to contact them instead. I spoke with the reservations manager, Rubben, and he advised me of the same thing. I sent him a copy of the receipt whilst I was on the phone with him. He waited until he received it, looked in their system and advised me that it has in fact been received. Finally! He then said that transfer from the airport to the resort will be confirmed a night before our arrival, this was not done and I had to follow this up once again.

Upon arriving, from the outside, the building looks really nice and new. The driver we got was friendly and outgoing. Once we unloaded our baggage, we approached the check-in counter and waited to be served. There seemed to be only 2 people serving at the counter when there were 3 others behind them just staring outside. There was no acknowledgement or warm welcome. I had to ask a lady passing by if that counter was where we checked in. She said yes - no smile and asked for my reservation document and ID.

After paying a cash deposit for the room, a bell man and an office personnel accompanied us to our room. The room was lacking in ambience, quite frankly, it felt like a jail cell. Dull furniture, cold-looking white walls, high window. The room seemed to be very similar to the initial service - no warmth. Also, make sure to bring earplugs, it can get really noisy at night as it's next to a busy street.

I know this is not supposed to be a luxury resort, but being that the resort boasted that this is almost like a hidden gem on the island, I expected more.

When I expressed my disdain or the service received so far, the reservations manager apologised for not meeting my expectations and just said that they will try to be better from then.

Additionally, I'm sorry, but the pool is not as great as people are claiming it to be. Looking at pictures from June 2013, it looks as if the pool is fine. Come July, the pool was green. Yes, green. You couldn't even see the bottom of the pool! I was not even sure if this can be used by guests, but when I saw a kid swimming in it later on, it couldn't be that bad. The resort also boasted a gym. I was unaware that resort-stayers still needed to pay a fee to use the gym. I suggest that the resort remove this fee if they want to attract more people in staying here. I find it quite ridiculous.

The location of the resort to the beach is not bad, if you're willing to walk about 5-7 minutes. I would suggest to just catch a tricycle, which takes 2 minutes - roughly P50.

The consolation of our whole stay was the Countryside Tour provided by the resort. Our driver was the best! He told us everything there was to know about each visited site. He was not too talkative and didn't force us to talk either. He was our tour guide, driver and photographer in one! Such a great guy. Unfortunately, I forgot to take down his name, but I made sure to give him a hefty tip.

Overall, the resort was okay... The tour was a lot better!

Cheers all!
A.R.

Room Tip: Make sure to bring earplugs, it can get really noisy at night as it's next to a busy street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends