“Clean Spacious rooms!”

Ranked #47 of 95 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Marikina, Philippines
“Clean Spacious rooms!”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

It's been a year since we visited Cherry's home but I would say I will always recommend this place. It is very simple, small, clean with very good service. Add that the rates are cheaper than the others.

The room we checked in is a family room with two double beds. One cabinet (no mirror though), comfort room, television, great air-con. The CR is clean and have a hot & cold water. I don't know if I remember it right, but the water in Bohol is smelly. I wonder why.

What I like most in this hotel is the location & service. Cherry's is only 5 minutes walk from Alona beach. So if you ar einto beach night life, this is going to be a great place to stay in. It is also near to restaurants and bars. But unfortunately, in our 3 days and 2 nights of stay.. we opt to eat in hotel (the food i just fine).. food is very hard in Bohol. restaurants tends to serve first foreigners than local tourist, leaving us wait more than an hour for a dinner.

The service is great for me, when we went out for a tour, we leave our room like in a total mess.. but when we came back we are surprise that they clean it and our things are already in the right places again. They have a lot of hangers in the cabinet, which i like too.

They also have a swimming pool, a jacuzzi type pool that have bubbles though not hot. They offer free internet access, 30 minutes per day.

About the rates.. we went there mid march 2010, and we get the room 2600 per night for 4 pax. we add 350 Pesos for an extra person.

What I appreciate most in cherry's is that the pictures they put in their site is exactly what you will find when you get there. :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank joiesabordo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2011

It was exactly what we were looking for in a hotel close to Alona Beach: simple and honest.

Bohol people are famous for being honest, and this place was no different. The people staying there were all smiles and everyone seemed to be satisfied and having a good time. The pool is small but big enough for how many guests there were. The staff were helpful and friendly. They alwas called me 'sir' and my wife 'ma'am'. The computer is reasonably fast and free for 30 minutes a day.

The only real complaint I have is the issue of breakfast. We booked in advance and paid 1500 pesos a night. They recently upped the price to 1650 a night and included continental breakfast. We ate breakfast there 3 days and then the manager asked us for money for those 3 days. If a hotel offers free breakfast, it should offer to all guests and not penalize people for booking in advance. Also, I would have appeciated them telling me when I checked in. I would have rather eaten somewhere better if I had to pay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Bucheonman
Davao City
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any one, whether you are coming with your special someone, friends or family. The hotel is brand new! The service is great. The rooms look like they are from a high-class hotel. It makes me proud that I was able to find this heavenly hotel. My father has always been very picky when it comes to hotels... he wants something affordable but nice! And he was very satisfied with my choice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Although, they are very strict with the number of people inside the room, so you can't sneak in extra people (hehehe). We got the quad room P1800 and I paid for an extra 300 per person. (We are 5 in the family.) Terrific deal!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family