“nice room and nice staff”

Cherrys @ Home Too Inland Resort
Ranked #48 of 96 Panglao Island B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“nice room and nice staff”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

we enjoyed the two nights we stayed at the cherry s home too.
room is nicely furnished including a table and chairs. washing line is available. bathroom is clean and well conceived. we did not have the opportunity to go to the jaccuzzi or the pool.
the staff is helpful and welcoming.
the rate of 1650 including breakfast (room with window) was a good deal according to us.
the cherry s home too is walking distance from the beach and close to the corner were tricycle and taxi are waiting for customers)
we only found that it was noisy in the morning due to crowing of many cocks in the garden behind :-(

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank maguie c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Subic, Philippines
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Got this really good package from E-bay Kuponan wherein accommodation, airfare, transfers and daytour were already inclusive. I wanted this trip to be perfect and memorable so I checked on all pertinent details of the package and even browsed Cherr'ys website for further info on the amenities etc. It was really a pleasure staying in this hotel - conveniently near some restaurants, shops, ATMs and a fairly nice walk to and from Alona Beach (approximately 7 minutes), which I must say I liked better than the rowdy and loud crowd of Boracay, sand is divinely white and the water is clear (90% of tourists are foreigners from Dec up to May, locals say), the ambience here is more laid-back and relaxed. Locals also offer a variety of island tours like dolphin/whale watching and massage at the beach.
Our room is spacious, decent and clean. Water is a tiny bit salty both in the pool and in the shower but has no foul smell whatsoever. The pool is not that big, but perfect for relaxing and getting intoxicated while recapping your day's events with your companion/s, even love the jacuzzi. The staff are so friendly and accommodating (Christina, Jenny and Darwin, among others). We had their complimentary (Continental) breakfast, but I suggest you upgrade to a more filling breakfast menu (just add P60) especially if you have a big appetite. Wifi may be accessed outside the room, or in the wee hours when not much people are using it I guess.
What can I say, I've looked forward to this trip and it was more than I ever hoped for. Bohol is such a paradise,(we were blessed with a very nice weather) with all its activities and exciting attractions, plus Boholanos are so well-mannered (you'll know what I mean when you stay there). It was definitely worth the trip, filled with beautiful memories, the kind which makes you want to come back again and again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BetchayA
baguio
Reviewed June 5, 2011

stayed 3 nights here. we booked via phone after checking out trip advisor reviews. cherry's @ home 2 website showed they had most of what we looked for-- particularly the kiddie pool, swimming pool with jacuzzi, easy access to the beach (5 to 10 minutes walk away or a very short tricycle ride), near mini-markets, restaurants and bank atms; and free breakfast for 2 as well.

we were delighted with the place when we got there. it was cheerful and attractive, better looking than the internet pics. the family room for 6 was bright, very clean, and very spacious. we loved that the pools were just outside the room- we would just look out the window to check on the youngest kids who spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool.

the family room had three comfortable beds-- 2 king beds and 1 queen bed, and a lot of room to move about in between. there was a refrigerator, room safe, large closet, cable tv, and yes- free wi-fi with good enough connection. the aircon was a bit intrusive on the first night, but we got used to it. water pressure from the shower was very strong particularly at the cold setting. it got weaker the more we set it to hot. the water was slightly salty, but didn't have any smell. towels were thick.

at their restaurant, servings on the regular menu were sizable, but some of the items on the breakfast menu were overpriced. we asked the restaurant staff to pack bacon and cheese sandwiches (priced cheaper than the free breakfast) in lieu of the free breakfast for our early morning dolphin watch . they gave us 2 cheese sandwiches (2 regular pieces of load bread with cheese) and 2 bottles of water instead. also, 2 pieces small longganiza was priced at 70 pesos..

the staff at reception, particularly danny and a young lady (didn't get her name), were friendly, helpful and efficient. the security guard was polite. rooms were cleaned daily. check in and check out was quick and hassle free.

all in all, staying at cherry's @ home 2 was a delight. compared to the other hotels in the vicinity with similar amenities, cherry's 2 offers better value when it comes to accommodation..

Room Tip: for families ask for room 17
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank angeladelmar
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The service was very good, the hotel employees are very polite and attentive. The place is very nice, there is also a swimming pool. The place is near to the beach, only few minutes walk. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rianne20
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Their homepage states that they have free WiFi, but the fact is that they have only setup access point called "cherryshome2" which does NOT connect to the internet. On the day 1 of my arrival (around 4pm), I found out their Wi Fi was not working and reported the problem to the receptionist. She only told me there may be problems with the Internet service provider and it may be back later. After I back from dinner, I still didn't get the connection but i didn't follow up with the staff caues were too tired.

On day 2 morning, I asked the receptionist again and they said the WiFi was working fine because this was how they connected to the internet and even showed me they are accessing homepage online. I tried and tried again with my iPhone with no luck. I asked them to show me how to go online with "cherryshome2" but they refused as they dídn't know how to operate my iPhone. That's the point I found that they are cheating to their guest. The fact is that they are connecting using another WiFi accessing point called "aztech" but they didn't share this connection. Everytime they told me is I need to logon using the passwd and once I connected they said it's okay. It's ridiciously as even I'm connected i didn't have the internet access. They are just fooling you like you don't know how to get yourself connected.

At the 2nd night of my stay, I lost all my patience and I pointed out their problems very clearly and ask them to fix the WiFi as this is the facility they ought to provide. There is a very rude guy called Dickson who shouted at me saying that "if you like, take your money and leave here. we don't need your money!". And he go online using his "aztech" WiFi to the cherryshome's homepage and quote a sentence there " Unavailability of the Wireless Wi-Fi Internet doesn't affect the rates of the room." By then I understood that this is a hostel that cheat their guest with no respect and just fool you like what I've been treated.

In summary, they didn't respect their guest, they cheat on the issue of WiFi, and they have an attitiude that you can never imagine one in a hospitality business can possess.

If you do not care about your own feeling being a guest, it is still a place you can consider to stay as the fair location and relatively low in price is everything they can offer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Eva_Jim
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed February 3, 2011

It's been a year since we visited Cherry's home but I would say I will always recommend this place. It is very simple, small, clean with very good service. Add that the rates are cheaper than the others.

The room we checked in is a family room with two double beds. One cabinet (no mirror though), comfort room, television, great air-con. The CR is clean and have a hot & cold water. I don't know if I remember it right, but the water in Bohol is smelly. I wonder why.

What I like most in this hotel is the location & service. Cherry's is only 5 minutes walk from Alona beach. So if you ar einto beach night life, this is going to be a great place to stay in. It is also near to restaurants and bars. But unfortunately, in our 3 days and 2 nights of stay.. we opt to eat in hotel (the food i just fine).. food is very hard in Bohol. restaurants tends to serve first foreigners than local tourist, leaving us wait more than an hour for a dinner.

The service is great for me, when we went out for a tour, we leave our room like in a total mess.. but when we came back we are surprise that they clean it and our things are already in the right places again. They have a lot of hangers in the cabinet, which i like too.

They also have a swimming pool, a jacuzzi type pool that have bubbles though not hot. They offer free internet access, 30 minutes per day.

About the rates.. we went there mid march 2010, and we get the room 2600 per night for 4 pax. we add 350 Pesos for an extra person.

What I appreciate most in cherry's is that the pictures they put in their site is exactly what you will find when you get there. :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank joiesabordo
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2011

It was exactly what we were looking for in a hotel close to Alona Beach: simple and honest.

Bohol people are famous for being honest, and this place was no different. The people staying there were all smiles and everyone seemed to be satisfied and having a good time. The pool is small but big enough for how many guests there were. The staff were helpful and friendly. They alwas called me 'sir' and my wife 'ma'am'. The computer is reasonably fast and free for 30 minutes a day.

The only real complaint I have is the issue of breakfast. We booked in advance and paid 1500 pesos a night. They recently upped the price to 1650 a night and included continental breakfast. We ate breakfast there 3 days and then the manager asked us for money for those 3 days. If a hotel offers free breakfast, it should offer to all guests and not penalize people for booking in advance. Also, I would have appeciated them telling me when I checked in. I would have rather eaten somewhere better if I had to pay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family