“Lots of fun”

Coco Vida Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 116 Restaurants in Panglao Island
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed April 7, 2012

On our little trip to Panglao my wife and I were looking for a friendly watering hole and we stumbled upon this place and we were glad we did. Good rock music, strong cold drinks and very friendly young ladies serving us what else can you ask for.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Like a few others, this plac serves excellent food in comfy chairs on the beach, under cover from sun & elements.
Recomended

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Our group of 5 dined at the Coco Vida on our recent trip to Alona Beach in February 2012. Overall the food was great and the prices reasonable. We were able to choose fresh meats and fish from their display and have them BBQ them. Everything was cooked to perfection and delicious, including the chicken breast which I had. The exception was the pizza which my 12 year old ordered. I know this is not the place to eat pizza, but he's a picky eater and it seemed like something he would eat. It was like cardboard. We consider ourselves pizza eating experts, and this was probably the worst pizza we've had in our lives

The pizza aside, this is definitely a place I would return to. The menu was varied, even for someone less inclined to experiment with local food as most of our party was.They had someone going from table to table singing and playing guitar. If you wanted him to play, you could request a song, if you didn't you just had to wave him along.

It was just a very nice dinner. Of course like everywhere else we have ever eaten in the Philippines, once you receive your food, the server disappears, never to be seen again. I've never been able to figure out why this is.

So again...nice place, decent food, very fair prices. Except for the large man eating spider nested above my head during dinner, the place was what I expect from a restaurant in the Philippines

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stumbled upon this restaurant when walking on the beach. It was not very full and i decided to have my evening meal there. It took a while to get the attention of the waitresses and get a table.
The service was average: food and beer took long to arrive and it was almost impossible to get attention of the waitresses. Food was good, but nothing special: I did not fancy a grill so opted for chili pork which was rather mild. I had to ask for extra rice as the vegetables that come with the pork were overcooked and not enough for a meal. The bill came at about 800 peso with the beer.
I was surprised to find out that this restaurant is recommended by Rough Guide I had on me. It is frankly, nothing special and just another grill station that the beach front is full off. Do not expect fine dining.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

nice place to chill and hang out. We came back three times! Food was ok quality. But like most places in panglao, food takes a looooong time to come!!