See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Bohol is known for it's pristine white beaches, lush marine life, Chocolate Hills, Tarsiers and Peanut Kisses. For so many years now, Bohol captivates tourists from around the world.

On September 4 to 6, 2010. My friends and I embarked on a journey to Bohol. Though this is my 2nd time, I am still excited to experience the serenity of Bohol. We checked in at Dumaluan Beach Resort (beside Bohol Beach Club). To make things simpler, I will enumerate my experience:

1. Dumaluan Beach Resort is always booked especially during summer season. Booking in advance is a big help. They will require you to deposit half of the total amount through bank. After depositing the money, you need to fax or e-mail a PDF format of the bank confirmation receipt to confirm your booking. All these, transpired seamlessly. (The difference of your balance can be paid upon check out from the resort).

2. It is more advisable to get the "packages" the resort has to offer. In this way, you need not to worry about your airport transfer (back and forth) and tour. The resort will take care of your itinerary.

3. If you want to experience dolphin/whale watching, be prepared to be up as early as 4:30 to 5am as this is the time these lovely mammals shows up.

4. Meal(s) from the resort is average and a bit expensive. If you want a sumptuous meal that's right on the budget, a few walk way is DBR grill. Don't expect hotel meals but rather a casual barbecue-style-food-prepared-in-front-of-you style. Fresh seafood, grilled pork chops and barbecue are their specialty. Not to forget their Sinigang (Sour Stew) that's only P90 but can serve 3 to 4 person.

5. A can of soda from Dumaluan can cost you around P70 (tax inclusive). Beside DBR grill is a store where you can get a 1.5 liter Coke for only P60.00 (no tax, hahaha!) Water and beer can also be bought from the store. It serves as a 7-eleven nearby.

6. Fresh big ripe mangoes can be bought from peddlers along the beach for only P20 to P25. Mangoes are abundant during summer season in the Philippines.

7. Compare and see the other rooms first before you settle on it. Many rooms are being renovated in Dumaluan. We got one of the "older rooms" when we checked in. Not being happy about it, I asked the nice and very polite attendants for me to see the other rooms. Once I found the newly renovated ones, I asked to be transferred.

8. The airport is a bit far from Dumaluan Resort (an hour drive approximately). An airport transfer can cost you around P600 to P700 (one way). That is why it is much recommended to get the package deal in order to save this fee.

9. The land tour is guaranteed to consume your whole day energy so be prepared. Get plenty of rest, get up early, charge your cameras and be prepared to taste what Bohol has to offer!

10. Do not expect night parties (like Boracay or Puerto Gallera). Bohol offers tranquility that will surely rejuvinate your inner being while being one with nature.

11. Their website promotes a "Free Wi-Fi Access." Can't be relied on, very spotty signal.

12. Resort only offers ala carte meals. It would've been much better if they can offer buffet style.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank walrooz
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have stayed in Dumaloan Beach Resort multiple times!

Advice to everyone who wants a nice beach holiday for low budget:
1) Take the overnight ferry from Cebu to Tagbilaran for about 250 Pesos (you will save one night accomodation). Sleep a little longer on the boat and when you wake up leave the port area and ignore the first wave of tricycle driver, as they will all ask ripoff prices.
2) If you feel comfortable with it, take a Jeepney towards Panglao and ask a motorbike driver there to drop you at dumaloan. As this is rather complicated, you can just negotiate with a tricycle to bring you straight there.
3) Get the Standard Room at Dumaloan Beach Resort for 1300 Pesos. This room has hot water and and aircon plus 2 beds that are comfortable enough for a good sleep.
4) Spend the day at the beach and the pool OR
5) Walk over to Bohol Beach Club and get a day pass for around 350 Pesos (300 pesos out of 350 are food vouches) , this way you can get all the 5 star facilities for basically 50 pesos. Use the food vouchers for a little pricy lunch or dinner.
6) Get your meals at the Dumaloan Beach Grill, as it is the best value.
7) Walk out of th hotel when you plan to go back until you come to the bigger street. There are usually bikers there that take you to Tagbilaran for 50 PhP. If you are lucky there might be a Tricycle passing on the way back to Tagbilaran, which might take you for 15 Php.
8) Take the overnight boat back to Cebu to save another accomodation, while paying less for transportation.

General review:
The location is very good with one of the nicest beaches in the Philippines directly in front of the hotel.
Travelling there can be a bit more expensive if you pre-book everything, however you can usually negotiate a tricycle to bring you there for around 100 pesos. (That is me being white, I guess locals can get much better rates.)
For the food you should go to the Grill just a few meters further along the beach, as the restaurant itself is a little pricy.
Also make sure to book early enough to ge the Standard Aircon Room, as this is the best value you can get.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ToT_Left
Reviewed September 10, 2010

i will never go back or recommend this resort to anyone. the rooms are overpriced and all the toilets and bathrooms where me and my friends stayed were all stinky . bathrooms tend to get flooded as well.
our friend had diarrhea from eating food at the restaurant.
a lady staff at the front office (night shift) was very arrogant when i wanted to settle the bill at night time. She was on-duty but was upstairs and the trainee called her through the intercom, and she snapped... a big no no because i understand the language..
the only good thing about this resort is the beach apart from that everything else is disgusting.
i will never ever set foot at this resort again!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank flicker1
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We were able to get a great package deal through the Bohol Travel services that included rides to and from the Tagbilaran airport, a two night stay at Dumaluan, and a 6-8 hour Bohol island tour, which included lunch on a riverboat cruise.
Dumaluan resort was just OK. The location is great; right next to the beach, with lush trees and green plants all around. Unfortunately, the level of customer service was inconsistent, with a few employees coming across as unfriendly. The people at the front desk were nice and agreeable, with ready smiles and a good command of English. Some of the wait staff, however, never smiled, or seemed reluctant to bring us a menu, take our order, etc. Also, even when it's obvious that there were two of us sitting down to dine, the waiter would only give us ONE menu. WTH? Also, though our primary reason for being there wasn't to watch TV, we like to relax in the room for a while and rest. Our remote control wasn't working, and when we brought this to the attention of the cleaning staff, we merely got a note later in the day stating that it is now working, but it still was not. Finally, as we got a ride to nearby Bohol Bee Farm for dinner (excellent restaurant...definitely eat there!), we overheard a security guard use offensive language to our driver when talking about my partner and me. Just because I wasn't raised in the Philippines doesn't mean I don't know what your'e saying, okay homophobic security guard??? It's not like my partner and I were displaying any PDA whatsoever; we don't even hold hands in public. At any rate, we had a great time at Bohol, despite the less-than-desirable service at Dumaluan. If we ever go back, we would definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Beach front resort just beside Bohol Beach Club. Superior rooms are good and there is also a pool. Breakfast not to bad if you are staying for a few days. There is a live band at night and free internet in designated area. I will recommend Dumaluan 2 Resort for budget travelers.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family