“Worth the price”

Dumaluan Beach Resort 2
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Beach front resort just beside Bohol Beach Club. Superior rooms are good and there is also a pool. Breakfast not to bad if you are staying for a few days. There is a live band at night and free internet in designated area. I will recommend Dumaluan 2 Resort for budget travelers.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days... first of all make sure when u stay here its dumaluan2 not the old dumaluan 1..though they are same in name they have diff. owners...u cannot used the pools when u r staying at dumaluan 1... Next when staying at dumaluan 2 make sure to stay in the new building... we book for the deluxe room. Our room is G-2 just beside the presidential suite...warning avoid this room. It is very old...the bathtub is not working same with the toilet flush... we ask to be transferred to the new building but the admin says that it was all fully booked except for the executive room w/c is more expensive...but when we ask the chamber lady why is she late for cleaning our room her answer "its bcoz there are lots of guest who check out"...old hotel tricks... the only thing that was nice in staying at dumaluan 2 hotel is the shoreline...we stayed most of the time outside...so don’t be worried if ur room is just a standard or sup deluxe...bcoz u will love to stay outside than stay to ur messy old deluxe room...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bebebo13
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The cheapest room which is the standard room was very spacious and cozy (check the pics). My bed is queen size too so I had no worries falling from it too. I thought the food was very expensive, but it's very reasonable as compared to other restos. I liked everything about the resort and everyone greeted me with a smile. The beach is not crowded at all unlike Alona Beach.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2010

the best hotel in town!!!
service is perfect.
food is EXCELLENT courtesy of the BEST CHEF in panglao - Chef Louie

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed here for our last night in Bohol. Made early reservations since I was already aware how it easily gets booked. The first person I talked to wasnt that helpful though, good thing on my second try, she was accomodation. Forgot her name though. Beach was awesome! I am not much of a water person but I really loved it! Accomodations were ok too, spacious, clean. It also has a pool for some night swimming. Overall our experience was perfect! I am bringing my family next year! Along with el portal, i recommended this to a friend and she wasnt that disappointed too. Food was already pricey being in a resort but noentheless acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2010

There is one extreme upside to staying at Dumaluan-- it is the immediate neighbor of the world-class Bohol Beach Club Resort which means they share the same majestic plot of white, powdery sand! The rate as compared to BBC is way more economical and you get to experience the same piece of heaven as the BBC'ers does.

But Dumaluan has its other finer points:
1) the rooms and bathrooms are very clean and spacious
2) the bedsheets, blankets and pillow cases are world-class. ( i haven't determined the thread count but oh, how I wanted to bring one home with me!)
3) the grounds and beach are very clean
4) secure surroundings-- there are a lot of staff with radios roaming around
5) it has its own pool! (which for my fiance was a great upside since being a surfer he finds flat seas boring)
6) it has its own resto which is open 24/7 (although the food is not quite consistently yummy)
7) they have vans that guests can use to roam the countryside (for a fee of course)
8) at nights they sometimes bring in a band for entertainment

The only downside I saw at that time was that I wished the staff could be friendlier, more attentive and more courteous. However, that aside I loved Dumaluan. Although it pales in comparison to Bohol Beach Club, it can hold ground on its own as a more economical counterpart for almost the same experience of Panglao's majestic beaches.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I just came back from cebu-bohol tour and its fantastic. I booked this hotel 2 days before april 3 which is holy week, so peak season, The only available room is the deluxe with king size bed, ref, tv and bath tub, this includes buffet breakfast for 2..cost P4000. Since we don;t have a choice, we take the room but we were told we will be transferring to superior room the next day no bath tub and ref, buffet breakfast included and cost P3550. The deluxe room is very old..i wonder they call in deluxe! and mosquitoes are every where! we asked for mosquito spray. The bed is not comfortable at all, thin linen sheets, lights were very dim..bathtub is not inviting either. no bubble bath, no complimentary water. Were not really comfortable during our first night.:( We asked BBC also for room available but very pricey for a standard room only is P4300 and as I have read, room there were not okay also so we decided to take the 3 nights here in dumaluan2.

The next day were transferred to superior room! And it is more than okay than the deluxes. Bed and pillows are comfortable, clean room and the light is perfect even the balcony fronting the kiddie pool which is an advantage because I have my year old boy with me. Stuffs are helpful and friendly. The amenities of this resort is great.Garden setting is nice. The Buffet is Overwhelming! Lots of food choices, unlimited juice and coffee. Our 3rd night's price is lower now because its off peak rate so P2150 includes set breakfast.

What makes the resort great is the perfect beach!!! powdery white sand, very tranquil place. for kids, morning is the best time because its low tide, 11am-4pm beach is high tide so its really good for swimming. At night, low tide again. No party life here aside from the restaurant of the resort, I wonder why only few resorts are here. Bohol beach club, whites and greens, Dumaluan resort 1 is beside dumaluan 2, they have cottages for rent for day visit, its really crowded last holy week, but it doesn't matter...the beach front of dumaluan 2 are for guest only. Also, Wifi is free in the restaurant. :)

We plan to go back off peak so we can enjoy the place. I have been to alona beach..but dumaluan is a lot better. My family enjoyed so much and we plan to go back. We plan to go to danao tour and camiguin from bohol. :)

Please visit my blog www.greyzie25.multiply.com