“Good but also much bad”

Dumaluan Beach Resort 2
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed February 8, 2014

In many respects, I didn't recognise the average and below average reviews on TA. We chose to stay here, because the room was fairly cheap at 1300 - it was also large, clean and included air con (albeit a very noisy unit, looked like it was built before the war...that the Napoleonic War!). However, if I had bought this room in my home country for the kind of prices that other TA posters had, hoping for a luxury resort, I too would probably be leaving a negative review.
Good points - tasty food served in restaurant, helpful restaurant staff (one evening we bought our own bottle of vodka and some soda water and they provided ice and lemons), right next to the beach, clean linen and towlels, leafy green grounds.
Bad points - restaurant was expensive, unhelpful front of house staff (we were caught driving back in a typhoon, the two hour journey on a moped really drained us and we were jolly cold and totally soaked when we got back - our room only had a cold shower and we asked whether we could, for only a few minutes, use a warm shower in an empty room to help us warm up - this was declined and yet would have cost the hotel nothing to provide this little extra under what were difficult conditions), the rooms were very basic and not cleaned at all during our three day stay; wifi only available in restaurant.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 6, 2014

January 16 2014, we had a stop over at Tagbilaran Port on our way to Negros Oriental Antulang Beach Resort. Oceanjet had to turn around and not proceed in crossing the sea due to strong wind and waves, we had to turn around and trip to Antulang cancelled. The weather was not in our favor going to Negros so we decided to stay in Bohol and spend the day. Stayed in Antulang Beach Resort. If you want peace and serene beaching, then I would suggest this place. Posh level 5 out of 10. Beach rating 9/10. Shoreline is perfect 10/10. Resort room and facilities 9/10. We stayed in in Deluxe room 2600 a day with tub but really you have to perform gymnastics in getting into the tub, well, you can see for yourself when you get there. But then again, you are not going to Bohol just to be in the tub right? So focus on the bigger picture, the beach, shoreline and the serenity of the island. Downside? The flies. I had to request too many candles to have peace of mind while eating.
All in all, I recommend the place.Stayed 5 days but had to go back again in the same place because we like the place. And if given a chance, we still definitely stay in the same resort again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed at Dumaluan Beach Resort 2 last Jan 5 to 8 2014. We booked the superior deluxed room for 2150 with free breakfast for 2 persons plus one additional extra head for 400 pesos which includes also free mattress and free breakfast for one. Our room number was B3.

Pros of the resort:
1) The beach is nice. Since we stayed there during off peak season, we were able to enjoy the pool and the beach. The resort was quiet.
2) They have a band singing old songs at night when you dine at their restaurants.
3) The pool also is clean.
4) There is a grill restaurant in DBR1 right beside DBR2 that cost less than the resort restaurants. Their price for squid/fish is 75 per 100g. The BBQ is 25 pesos. All seafoods cooking service is free of charge. You can also request what you would what they will cook the fish/ squid/ shrimp etc.
5) They have a souvenir shop.
6) They cleaned the room everyday. They change bedsheets and towels. But the foot rug was never changed.
7) Hot and cold water in the shower is available.
8) They accept payments via credit card.
9) They were so nice to waive the holding fee of 1000 since we lost the original deposit slip for our down payment.

Cons:
1) Dumaluan beach has a few stores and restaurants where you can choose to eat from.
2) The floor of the room, was not so clean. When we enter the room for the first time, i felt sands sticking on my feet and the floor feels sticky.. So I requested them to clean the floor again.
3) There were no enough foot rugs at the room. The one they provided feels weird when you wipe your feet that is why I still asked for a new one.
4) We stayed there for 4 days, 3 nights but I am not sure if I will ask for another supply of shampoo and toothpaste, they will provide it. Though I think it should be provided without asking.
5) There were no electric kettle. There were no water. If you want water, the good thing was they can lend you an airpot and you need to keep on going to the restaurant to ask for a drinking water (hot and cold). They dont volunteer to bring it in your room.
6) LED TV is not for all rooms of same type. In our case superior deluxed. The other room where my friend stayed (B4) has an old TV.
7) Breakfast is fine. For our entire stay, everyday egg is part of their menu. Scramble egg and sunny side up egg. They have atleast 2 types of breakfast egg and longganisa and soup. They also serve break with fruit jam. Coffee and juice is also provided. It just that, when I am to compare againts One Tagaytay where we stayed for one night, I only paid almost 2500 for one night and the breakfast was buffet also but there are so many types of meal. There were cereals also..
8) Check out time is more than an hr. We were to leave the resort by 9:40 am, I asked the receptionist around 8am to compute our bill and we waited until around before 9:30am. Good thing that we requested earlier else we will be late for our ferry back to Cebu.

Over all. The resort is fine.. If you would like to experience 1st class service book somewhere else like those 5 star resorts in panglao.. You wont get it here. I might be returning back in DBR2 if I dont have budget to spend with accommodation. Just dont expect too much from them and your stay will be happy and memorable. Just enjoy the beach!

Room Tip: Our room is nice. CR is big enough. Good hot and cold shower but we had encountered problem on the t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Me and my GF have stayed several times at the Dumaluan Beach Resort located next to Bohol Beach Club Resort on the fantastic 3 Km long white Beach. For sure the best Beach in Bohol/Panglau Island and also one of the best Beach in Philippines.On the Beach You have amazing whith sand, absolutely clear water and Coral reefs just some hundred meters out. This beach is of all aspects much superior to the well known Alona Beach which is just 700 meters long filled with Island hopping Boats ( some times more then 50 boats outside the beach of Alona) !The Rooms/ Bungalows in Dumaluan Beach Resort are of very good standard. I do recommend the Superior Deluxe Bungalows that offer a very good standard to a list price incl breakfast Buffet for 2150 pesos/ night/Bungalow. From the Bungalows You have partly seaview and also view over the nice 20 meter very well maintained Pool. The breakfast Buffe' offer filipino breakfast and also a basic choices of other Dishes.The Menu for Lunch and Dinner offer a wide range of Dishes. The Filipino dishes are of normal standard. The International dishes are not up to the right standard and this is the only weak point I have found out on Dumaluan Beach Resort have live music from Breakfast to Dinner time. The Staff is very friendly and offer You very good services. There are a lot of activities on the Dumaluan Beach Resort as "Island hopping Tour", Jetski, Parachute, Kayaking. Beach volley,and 500 meters away also a very good Go-cart range of high international standard.
Dumaluan Beach Resort is the best place to make Your holiday on Bohol/Panglau if You see to what You pay for and what You get!

Room Tip: The Rooms B 1-5 Superioar Deluxe and C1-4 Deluxe are the best rooms from my point of view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Purpose of stay: Vacation

Room and facilities: There are many types of room ranging from PHP1800 to PHP7000 depends on number of person and your choice. Breakfast is included in the rates and there is a swimming pool. There is food reflexology, body massage upon request, island hopping tour or countryside tour. I booked standard room and the room is spacious though the rate is cheap. The security is good and you can wash your clothes inside the washroom as they provide pail. Soap, shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush are provided.
The beach is nicer and quiet compare to Alona Beach. The restaurant food is nice and reasonable. There is a grill restaurant nearby and there is motorcycle for rental. The rental is quite expensive cost around PHP100 per hour and minimum 2 hours per rent.
The customer service is good and bear in mind there is no refund policy for booking. So they will just charge your after you check out.

Location: It is around 7 km from Alona Beach and there is no food stalls nearby. If you just want to spend your leisure vacation here this is a good choice compare to resorts near Alona beach.

Room Tip: Bear in mind the cheapest rate room just have cold shower but it is ok for me as the weather is not...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Me and my friends went there , it's a very nice to be with. Relaxing with their approachable staff. It's a good adventure and avenue for a more bonding of our circle of friends. We laughed, we cried together and we even got closer to each other and the best thing happened in there we came up with a good plan on how to be an effective implementers of the Alternative Learning System because it's a place where you and your companion could work together as a team. One thing I would like to suggest with the management is to provide trainings to their staff on how to work pleasantly to the guests. Well, for the over-all impact .. it's very nice there to stay much with your special someone perhaps . If given a chance to be there for a vacation ... I would still choose to be in DBR... IT'S A HOME AWAY FROM YOUR HOME....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I should have stayed in Bellevue hotel. At least u would get the right service when u pay more. Front desk staff is poorly organized. The fat lady manager doesn't do anything while her staff are undermanned and overworked. Breakfast is limited to processed food, but with good veggies though. Could have offered more fruits. Rooms r average for the price u pay. Bathroom did not have shower curtain and no hot water, and no foot towels.

• Stayed: July 2013