All reviews free buffet breakfast dumaluan beach awesome beach white sand beach philippines
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Tourist and locals are all welcomed. The rooms are spacious and clean. The pool however should have been bigger, but the clear blue water compensates the pool. The long stretch of white sand beach was more I could have pictured. The beach water was warm and one can enjoy, snorkeling, jet skiing, and many more. The resort is very affordable to both tourist and locals. The staff are friendly and their restaurant menu offers both authentic Philippine cuisine and American dishes. The portions are big enough to share for two. At night, there's a band that plays while enjoying your dinner. For breakfast there's plenty to choose from buffet style and if you have other preference, one can just order and charged to your room. This resort is definitely a place a plan to visit again soon!

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The resort is located in Bolod Beach, Panglao Island, 18km away from Tagbilaran City. We stayed on one of their deluxe rooms. Spacious room, nice bathroom, wide open area, swimming pool is right in front of our porch, and beautiful beachfront. Staff are friendly. Good breakfast buffet. The resort is right beside Bohol Beach Club so if you wanna experience fine dining in Panglao then you're just few steps away from it. Its hard to find local stores, and cheap local restaurants outside the resort vicinity unlike Alona Beach which is more developed, so your only option for cheaper food is to go to the old dumaluan resort.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

All in all, a good experience for first-time Bohol travelers.

PROS
- Clean, new and spacious vans for transport
- Very friendly staff (including drivers)
- Fine, white sand and clear water
- Lots of marine life close to shore
- Quiet (although the time we were there, it was closer to off-peak season)
- Big, clean rooms
- Clean linens and towels
- Extra pillows at no cost
- Awesome food
- Various water sports and activities are offered
- Spacious bathrooms, toilet with bidet spray
- Flat screen TV's with cable
- The band, when we were there, were really good.
- Clean, average-sized pool for post-beach or night swimming
- Buffet breakfast
- Airport transfers
- Free Wi-Fi, but only in their restaurant
- Round the clock security

CONS
- Staff, though friendly, are not quite prompt
- Items on the menu are expensive
- Buffet breakfast items are very limited (you only get one serving for whatever main dish is available)
- We found cockroaches in one of our rooms, one each in two separate occasions.
- In the same room stated above, the bathroom had a faint, though very persistent "panghi" smell, even after we took to cleaning it ourselves and spraying perfume everywhere.
- The cable TV was split so many times, the signal was terrible.
- If you have your own food and drinks, you can only eat them in the porches outside your room or in the privacy of your rooms. You will be charged for using the tables and chairs outside (only if you eat food that is not from the resort), and charged a separate corkage fee.

Notes:
- We commend Joel (waiter) and Bong (driver), who, apart from being really friendly, were very knowledgeable of their jobs.
- The Countryside Tour included: Chocolate Hills, Butterfly Garden, Tarsier Conservation Area, Loboc River Cruise Lunch, Man-made forest, exotic animal zoo, hanging bridge, Baclayon Church and Blood compact site monument.
- The Loboc River Cruise Lunch, which, I admit, I was looking forward to the most, was a dud. The food was just average (and cold), the drinks were expensive, and, contrary to our expectations, tourists were not allowed to swim in the river at the end of the cruise (unlike one would do for example, in a boat-ride to Pagsanjan Falls).
- We had the pleasure of having Michael as our guide in the butterfly farm. He came highly recommended by Bong, our driver, and we weren't disappointed. He was knowledgeable, witty and funny.
- They observe proper Catholic dress decorum in Baclayon church, which means no tank tops, wifebeaters, spag straps, tube tops, and anything above the knee.
- We went on a glass-bottom boat ride (PhP 150/ GBP 2.2/ USD 3.6 per pax, mininum of 5). I got seasick (from quickly alternately looking from my camera's viewfinder to the glass bottom), but I would still recommend it, as the views were awesome.
- Best buy food and drinks as soon as you land in Tagbilaran to bring to the resort. The price of everything is almost double inside.
- Dumaluan provides transport to anywhere in Bohol (that is not included in any package), but it costs PhP700 (GBP 10/ USD 17) PER HOUR. We were told it was best to hire vans from outside, where a 12-hour day trip can cost only PhP1500 (GBP 22/ USD 36).

Room tip: Initally, we were given two family rooms in the third floor, but we asked to be transferred to the first floor instead because the stairs were a bit steep and slippery for the "young once." This turned out to be a good move, as our room locations provided easy access to the swimming pool, restaurant and the path to the beach.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SLPilobello
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I booked and paid my reservation for a room which costs 3k per night as it has a bath tub unlike the 2,150 one. 2 days before our check in, I sent an email to warn them that I had read a lot of negative comments about their resort. No one has replied. So here we go, when we got to our room, I was surprised that we were given a different one. There was no bath tub at all. I told the staff who accompanied us about it but he doesn't seem to know what to say. He just told me that the one given was spacious compared with the room that has a bath tub. We reached the resort past 4pm and we were so tired that day that I wasn't able to go back to the reservations desk. I was also complacent that the guy will let the reservation officer know my concerns. We left the resort before 8am the following day for our trip, so still, I wasn't able to follow it up. I was actually hoping that they would let me pay the price of a regular room as their prices re based on the facilities included not the size of the room. After our trip, i dropped by the reservation desk and complaint about it. They offered us to be transferred to a room with a bath tub but it will be useless as we will be checking out early the following day. I told them that I will only be paying for the price of a regular room. The receptionist called her manager up and I was advised that she'll be talking to me in person before we check out. Upon check out, I was able to speak with the other receptionist and explained to her my concerns. She asked me if I had been advised upon check in that the room has no bath tub, i said NO. Then, the one who was originally assisting me came in, called up her manager again using their own dialect. I felt so pissed that time as I find it rude to use your own dialect when a customer who doesn't speak that is complaining. After a long argument, they just gave me a 100 off my bill. Imagine this, you paid a total of 5900 for 3days/2nights for a room that should have only cost 4,300?!? That's a big difference! I won't ever recommend this resort to anyone. As all reviews say, they'll let you pay more for a cheaper room! Beware!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Maria_Seventeen
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Location: The location is great! They have a pool right outside our room. The beach is beautiful, specially in the morning.

Room: Dirty room. The linens and towels have stains, so gross. The floor in the bathroom is slippery, since they don't have rugs in the room.

Food: It's terrible! We ordered Chapsuy and they served us very bad vegetables. My boyfriend got sick that night.

Date of stay: December 2011